ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Baseball Trivia

colbert17

Heisman Winner
Aug 30, 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
Saw this on one of the games I watched over the weekend. Not too tough but interesting.
Only four players in history have hit at least 500 HRs and won three WS championships. Name them.

Not to hijack the thread but my buddy sent me this one. It’s not the most difficult but I got one wrong

name the 4 Houston Astros who have tossed 300 strikeouts in one season.

name the 4 Houston Astros who have tossed 300 strikeouts in one season.

Top of the list has to be J. R. Richard. I think he did it more than once. If he hadn't had those strokes, man, he would have been in the HOF easily.

I think Mike Scott did it in the great season he had in the 80's.

Justin Verlander?

No idea on #4.

Yep I got the same 3 as you.

JR Richard was a machine. Absolute shame what happened

As a Mets fan I hated Mike Scott as a kid but he got 300. Former Met naturally

Verlander was correct as well.

I guessed Nolan Ryan as the low hanging fruit for #4.

Nope. Gerritt Cole. A somewhat obvious and very recent one. Funny to remember guys from 40 years ago and not this recent one. I zoned on it too

Top of the list has to be J. R. Richard. I think he did it more than once. If he hadn't had those strokes, man, he would have been in the HOF easily.

I think Mike Scott did it in the great season he had in the 80's.

Justin Verlander?

No idea on #4.
JR is a great guy. I had a flight delayed for 3 hours one moning and ended up sitting next to JR at the bar and talking thet whole time. A real down to earth person. My guess for #4 was Nolan Ryan, oh well

JR is a great guy. I had a flight delayed for 3 hours one moning and ended up sitting next to JR at the bar and talking thet whole time. A real down to earth person. My guess for #4 was Nolan Ryan, oh well
Kinda shocking no Nolan Ryan.

Kinda shocking no Nolan Ryan.
Bizarre since Ryan did it six times. I remember the Phillies beating Houston in Game 5 in ‘80 (they were best of five back then) when the Phillies got some base runners on Ryan late in the game with bloops and dunks and Ryan got the hook. The Phillies proceeded to pound the reliever (maybe relievers) to have a big inning and go on to win the deciding game in Houston.

Bizarre since Ryan did it six times. I remember the Phillies beating Houston in Game 5 in ‘80 (they were best of five back then) when the Phillies got some base runners on Ryan late in the game with bloops and dunks and Ryan got the hook. The Phillies proceeded to pound the reliever (maybe relievers) to have a big inning and go on to win the deciding game in Houston.
maybe the question was a little different.. like "in the last X years) or.."since Nolan Ryan..."

Yeah, 9 seasons in Houston and the most K's he ever had in a season was 270. I wonder if it had anything to do with pitching in the Astrodome.
In 4 of the 9 he didn’t reach 200 IP (one being the ‘81 strike year). Only once as an Astro did he make 250 IP.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT