ADVERTISEMENT

O.T.-David Cassidy Dead at 67.

He led a full life. He banged Susan Dey. Rumor had it he banged Maureen McCormick, too. By all accounts, a good guy.

The 2nd Partridge Family member to pass away. RIP.

Former West Orange resident as a child. Lived with grandparents in the Lourdes section. He and I are the same age and I'm told we played together although I have no memory of it.

My parents who knew his mom and dad, the actor Jack Cassidy, said Jack was the exact same person as the characters he often played.

I know most of you already know this but for you younguns' The Partridge Family was based on the real life band The Cowsills.
This song was performed live which outside of Ed Sullivan was almost never done back then.

Reactions: RUinOhio and RC1991
Cowsills also did the theme for Love American Style.
this was a crossover episode with Happy Days.

Some other facts about the Cowsills. one of the boys, Barry, was killed by Hurricane Katrina. while another one, John, is married to Vicki Peterson the blonde guitar player for The Bangles who joined with Susan Cowsill to form The Psycho Sisters.
Oh yes,I'm all things Cowsills!!!!!!

David Cassidy performed at a New Jersey Hall of Fame induction ceremony at NJ PAC a few years ago (not inducted, just performing) and touted proudly that he was from Jersey—West Orange, as knightfan says. I hadn’t known that. The guy was a mega huge teen idol for a few years in the 70s.

There's a documentary floating around that was made about the Cowsills following Barry's death in Katrina. It's pretty a pretty horrific cautionary tale re: parenting.

Reactions: colbert17
Cowsills also did the theme for Love American Style.
this was a crossover episode with Happy Days.

Some other facts about the Cowsills. one of the boys, Barry, was killed by Hurricane Katrina. while another one, John, is married to Vicki Peterson the blonde guitar player for The Bangles who joined with Susan Cowsill to form The Psycho Sisters.
Oh yes,I'm all things Cowsills!!!!!!
The Love American Style episode with Happy Days characters was not a "crossover. " It was the pilot or introduction of Happy Days on television. The highly successful series was being introduced on the preexisting somewhat successful Love American Style

I know most of you already know this but for you younguns' The Partridge Family was based on the real life band The Cowsills.
This song was performed live which outside of Ed Sullivan was almost never done back then.

I’m not that young and am into music but had no idea - in fact I hadn’t heard of the Cowsills but absolutely know that song. Thanks for the cool bit of music trivia!

The Love American Style episode with Happy Days characters was not a "crossover. " It was the pilot or introduction of Happy Days on television. The highly successful series was being introduced on the preexisting somewhat successful Love American Style
I believe that it came complete with the brother, Chuck, who eventually just disappeared from the show.

Best argument for capital punishment. This animal cost taxpayers ~$3.5MM to house in prison. All for no reason.

Except that in Manson's case it wasn't for no reason. The guy was basically a lab rat for his entire life. Entire curricula have been developed based on extensive interviews with him.

Didnt they write Chuck out by saying he was away at college on a basketball scholarship? Never heard from again.

Chuck Cunningham's disappearance was never explained and over the remaining run of the show (nine years) he was mentioned only a handful of times, in passing.

"Chuck Cunningham Syndrome" is now the term used for television characters who are simply written out of the show with no explanation. A memorable example is Tina Pinciotti, Donna's younger sister on That 70s Show. She appeared in a single episode and was never seen, heard from nor mentioned ever again.

It gets better. Tina Pinciotti was played by a very young Amanda Fuller. Fuller was the actress who assumed the role of Kristin Baxter in season 2 of Last Man Standing after the actress who played the role in season 1, Alexandra Krosney, was given the boot. That swap was made even more bizarre by the fact that Kristin's toddler-aged son Boyd was also replaced for season 2, by an older child actor. The character of Boyd was aged 3 years overnight, but nothing else in the show's timeline changed.

Chuck Cunningham's disappearance was never explained and over the remaining run of the show (nine years) he was mentioned only a handful of times, in passing.

"Chuck Cunningham Syndrome" is now the term used for television characters who are simply written out of the show with no explanation. A memorable example is Tina Pinciotti, Donna's younger sister on That 70s Show. She appeared in a single episode and was never seen, heard from nor mentioned ever again.

It gets better. Tina Pinciotti was played by a very young Amanda Fuller. Fuller was the actress who assumed the role of Kristin Baxter in season 2 of Last Man Standing after the actress who played the role in season 1, Alexandra Krosney, was given the boot. That swap was made even more bizarre by the fact that Kristin's toddler-aged son Boyd was also replaced for season 2, by an older child actor. The character of Boyd was aged 3 years overnight, but nothing else in the show's timeline changed.

What happened to Boyd is known as Rapid Aging Syndrome. On Family Ties the family had a baby and then ten next thing you knew the baby had grown into 5-6 year old Brian Bonsall.

Also happens in the soaps a lot so they can get the childrens of the cast grown to be teenagers. Not too much age difference between generations on the soaps.

Not to be confused with 30-somethings playing teenagers (I’m looking at you Michael J. Fox and Luke Perry)

What happened to Boyd is known as Rapid Aging Syndrome. On Family Ties the family had a baby and then ten next thing you knew the baby had grown into 5-6 year old Brian Bonsall.

There's actually a practical reason for this. SAG rules and common labor laws severely limit the time that infants and toddlers can be on set. The traditional "fix" for showrunners is to cast twins for a single role. Aging the characters is a simple way to get around the expense and red tape.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT