ADVERTISEMENT

O.T. DD, It's Taylor ham

Finally; Dunkin Donuts comes up with the breakfast sandwich, but they incorrectly call it pork roll
Makes sense. The world is a scary place and changes all the time. Hang on to what is familiar!

https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/t...-by-executive-order.91722/page-3#post-1997775
we-ve-landed-on-the-moon-o.gif

I am from Woodbridge ,what seems to be the dividing line often times when you look at a map, cross the Driscoll and for culture. We are middlesex county , but the northernmost town as we share some of our neighborhoods with Clark, linden, Edison , carteret , Rahway , amboy . We call it pork roll,which is odd because I thought north jersey was Taylor . But definitely pork roll here

I am from Woodbridge ,what seems to be the dividing line often times when you look at a map, cross the Driscoll and for culture. We are middlesex county , but the northernmost town as we share some of our neighborhoods with Clark, linden, Edison , carteret , Rahway , amboy . We call it pork roll,which is odd because I thought north jersey was Taylor . But definitely pork roll here
I find this interesting because I grew up in Iselin and never even heard the phrase "pork roll" until I got to Rutgers, where I learned the truth and stopped referring to it as Taylor ham.

Dunkin Donuts would not legally be allowed.to reference a specific brand such as Taylor Ham without sole sourcing their product.

WRONG WRONG WRONG

It has nothing to do with the word Taylor; the problem is the word Ham.

Dunkin Donuts can source Taylor Pork Roll and call it Taylor Pork Roll on the menu. They cannot legally call it Taylor Ham because it is not ham. That is the same reason that Taylor doesn't use the word Ham anywhere on their packaging.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
I find this interesting because I grew up in Iselin and never even heard the phrase "pork roll" until I got to Rutgers, where I learned the truth and stopped referring to it as Taylor ham.
Same here never heard it called pork roll until I worked with a guy from mercer county.

WRONG WRONG WRONG

Dunkin Donuts can source Taylor Pork Roll and call it Taylor Pork Roll on the menu. They cannot legally call it Taylor Ham because it is not ham. That is the same reason that Taylor doesn't use the word Ham anywhere on their packaging.
Its both most likely. The Taylor part still holds as well, same reason why you can't use coke unless it actually is coke.

I love when this tread comes up l!!!

It's called "Pork Roll" now... The product was marketed as "Taylor Ham" in the 1850's but due to food regulations had to change its marketing because it does not meet the definition of Ham.

It has been renamed "Pork Roll" for well over 100 years.

The name one of the companies that makes it is the "Taylor Ham Company", while there are other such as "Trenton" and "Case's".

Shit even ShopRite gets it right and calls the product by the right name... "Pork Roll".

The only example I can think of is if I went into the deli and asked for "Thumann's". Well what? Cheese? Ham? Turkey? Hot dogs? I would need to mention the product's name.

At least Central NJ gets it and certainly the area where the product was invented gets it.

we should do a poll to see how the Taylor Ham / Pork roll presidential vote is divided. I'm betting there is a clear line there as well.

WRONG WRONG WRONG

You missed my point completely. Unless Dunkin Donuts buys the brand Taylor (suppose they use Acme brand pork roll) then they cannot use a reference to the Taylor brand in their marketing or menu.

Don't care about the legalities but DD eggs are downright hideous so I will stick to my local bagel place once a month for my fix.

The DunDo's around the corner from me has screwed up my order almost every time I have gone there, which fortunately is not very often. I am at the point where I wonder if it even matters what I order because I know I'm not getting it anyway. Maybe next time I'll ask for a Fat Knight and see what they give me.

Reactions: ATIOH
went this morning in Ohio and if I would have seen pork roll I would have been one happy camper. Which makes sense, no one here knows what I'm talking about. No one is gonna buy something called pork roll lol

Is DD selling it nation wide or just in this area?

Don't care about the legalities but DD eggs are downright hideous so I will stick to my local bagel place once a month for my fix.
With DD eggs being so hideous, Taylor Ham supporters should be glad DD serves pork roll and doesn't try and call it taylor ham and eggs. Hate to see anything as good as Taylor Ham be part of a hideous egg sandwich .
As for > it's called Taylor Ham vs no it's pork roll:
giphy.gif

Reactions: Scarlet_Scourge
You missed my point completely. Unless Dunkin Donuts buys the brand Taylor (suppose they use Acme brand pork roll) then they cannot use a reference to the Taylor brand in their marketing or menu.
Sorry. You completely missed the point. They can't call it Taylor Ham regardless of what brand they use. If they use Taylor brand, they can call it Taylor Pork Roll. But it is still illegal for them to call it Taylor Ham because it is not ham.

Sorry. You completely missed the point. They can't call it Taylor Ham regardless of what brand they use. If they use Taylor brand, they can call it Taylor Pork Roll. But it is still illegal for them to call it Taylor Ham because it is not ham.

It's the same if a restaurant advertised that they have coke (the soda) for sale then you get Pepsi.

They would have to advertise cola for sale and it covers all brands.

It's the same if a restaurant advertised that they have coke (the soda) for sale then you get Pepsi.

They would have to advertise cola for sale and it covers all brands.
Nope. You missed the point too.

It isn't the Taylor brand name that's the problem. It is the use of the word Ham.

Dunkin Donuts can't call it Taylor Ham because it isn't Ham.

It's like they can't have something on the menu called Sunkist Orange Juice, and then serve you Sunkist Orange Soda. It isn't the use of the brand name that's the problem (in this example both products are Sunkist brand). The problem is that orange soda is not orange juice, and therefore cannot be called juice on the menu.

Same thing with Taylor Pork Roll; it is not ham and therefore cannot be called ham on the menu.

Nope. You missed the point too.

It isn't the Taylor brand name that's the problem. It is the use of the word Ham.

Dunkin Donuts can't call it Taylor Ham because it isn't Ham.

It's like they can't have something on the menu called Sunkist Orange Juice, and then serve you Sunkist Orange Soda. It isn't the use of the brand name that's the problem (in this example both products are Sunkist brand). The problem is that orange soda is not orange juice, and therefore cannot be called juice on the menu.

Same thing with Taylor Pork Roll; it is not ham and therefore cannot be called ham on the menu.

Yes, but if the Taylor name is used and they serve Trenton or Case's or another brand could lead to false advertising.

Reactions: FastMJ
"It isn't the use of the brand name that's the problem"

It is when they aren't using that brand, which is the overall point trying to be made.

Reactions: ATIOH

Where in iselin did you grow up ?
I am good friends with this guy named Eric , his brother is in the Rutgers football hall of fame . Great family

Can anyone here name him without looking it up ? The pride of Kennedy high in the 80s . Had a big play in the win over penn stare.

With DD eggs being so hideous, Taylor Ham supporters should be glad DD serves pork roll and doesn't try and call it taylor ham and eggs. Hate to see anything as good as Taylor Ham be part of a hideous egg sandwich .
As for > it's called Taylor Ham vs no it's pork roll:
giphy.gif
hqdefault.jpg

Where in iselin did you grow up ?
I am good friends with this guy named Eric , his brother is in the Rutgers football hall of fame . Great family

Can anyone here name him without looking it up ? The pride of Kennedy high in the 80s . Had a big play in the win over penn stare.
I grew up on North Laurel Ave., which is in the neighborhood enclosed by Rt. 27, Wood Ave., and Oak Tree Road. I have no idea who you are talking about unfortunately, way before my time.

Hat, What ?:alien:
Just can't see ordering Taylor Ham[thumb2] , cheese and egg on a hard roll expecting a great breakfast and have it ruined by lousy egg.
Much rather order pork roll ,cheese, egg on roll or toasted bun and not expect anything outstanding .
Only the finest greasy spoons serve Taylor ham breakfast . Run of the mill greasy spoons serve pork roll :thumbsdown:

? The pride of Kennedy high in the 80s . Had a big play in the win over penn stare.[/QUOTE]

And they never saw it coming.

ADVERTISEMENT