Limited flights out, had to fly out of Philly
Cloudy, grey, cold

Campus nice - not earth shattering gorgeous, but pretty nice

Sheraton right on campus - wish we would have stayed there

Town itself feels like rustbelt town
Pastabilities great Italian food

Prices cheap - very cheap all over
Bars terribly understaffed

Fans - most not very cordial. A Couple made smart remarks while we walked around campus but nothing crazy

Fans in Dome - decent absent of a few drunks.

Dome - big. Can get loud. Not my cup of tea for a fb stadium, but must be great for hoops

Looked like ~50k in attendance. I’d say 10-12k FSU fans. Surprised at the amount

Bus system into stadium was awful, they need to figure it out. Nearly missed kickoff - worst part of the whole trip

Very few club seats, very little room in between rows

Zoo was pretty good

Overall pretty decent trip. Brought my Wife and daughter - would come back again, but solo as going as a family, we pretty much did all there was to dk

Reactions: redking
Observations from Syracuse:

Animated GIF

Syracuse started 6-0 and their fans wonder if they are headed to a 6-6 season with games remaining at Wake and at BC. With a bowl loss they could reach 6-7. The struggle is real for Cuse fans after getting hammered by FSU 38-3 at home.

https://syracusefan.com/threads/6-0-to-6-6….172218/

• Haha
Reactions: Knight Shift
They will never be back in our lifetimes.

If someone wants to go there instead of Rutgers, have at it.

I was barely there 2 days and couldn’t wait to get the hell out

Syracuse is basically Newark but half the size and in the middle of nowhere in central NY. All the towns/cities up there have a rust belt feel/rundown and depressing. The big lake in Syracuse, Onondaga is the most polluted lake in America and smells god awful. It snows there until May and it gets dark at like 3:45 in the winter. It's pretty much never sunny.

The campus has some nice buildings but other than that there's not much to do up there besides get drunk. There's a giant mall up there that's like an American Dream lite and Armory Square is a nice little downtown with some solid restaurants. Pastabilities is very good.

Overall Syracuse is a very cold, dark, boring and depressing place.

• Haha
Reactions: cshelley
On the upside for Syracuse, Micron has committed to $100 billion over the next two decades to build chip fabrication plants north of the city. I personally feel bad for places that don't do well and wish them better times ahead.

Reactions: dconifer
On the upside for Syracuse, Micron has committed to $100 billion over the next two decades to build chip fabrication plants north of the city. I personally feel bad for places that don't do well and wish them better times ahead.

I don't think people wish ill on the inhabitants of the city, just wish their sports team continues to lack in success lol.

Personally I am good not playing them again. We beat them something like 8 of the last 11 meetings. We even beat them in basketball last time we played. Academically RU is the better school and costs less.

With our series with BC and Cuse over I think we can essentially put the old rivals in the rear view. I guess we're still playing VT and Temple but they don't really rile people up like BC/Cuse/UConn and even less so than WVU or Pitt.

Reactions: redking
Limited flights out, had to fly out of Philly
Cloudy, grey, cold

Campus nice - not earth shattering gorgeous, but pretty nice

Sheraton right on campus - wish we would have stayed there

Town itself feels like rustbelt town
Pastabilities great Italian food

Prices cheap - very cheap all over
Bars terribly understaffed

Fans - most not very cordial. A Couple made smart remarks while we walked around campus but nothing crazy

Fans in Dome - decent absent of a few drunks.

Dome - big. Can get loud. Not my cup of tea for a fb stadium, but must be great for hoops

Looked like ~50k in attendance. I’d say 10-12k FSU fans. Surprised at the amount

Bus system into stadium was awful, they need to figure it out. Nearly missed kickoff - worst part of the whole trip

Very few club seats, very little room in between rows

Zoo was pretty good

Overall pretty decent trip. Brought my Wife and daughter - would come back again, but solo as going as a family, we pretty much did all there was to dk
Nice observation
We spent an hour + waiting for a Bus to bring us back to the Skytop parking lot after our Rutgers victory last September 2021 in Syracuse.

Did love the Dinos Barbecue restaurant downtown the night before our game.

Reactions: Knight Shift
As amazing, some on these boards thought Syracuse was going undefeated
All those clowns who were shocked at there start - I gotta find my original post then but I called it that they may not win another game.

They had a nice schedule set up and a couple nice breaks to get that 6-0 mark. I'd take their schedule over ours - no doubt about it

Reactions: NotInRHouse
I was just at a wedding in Syracuse 2 weeks ago. Ceremony at the cathedral and reception at the Marriott downtown ( both quite nice). Outside of the campus which isn‘t bad, the town is a real shiithole. Very depressing, low income boarded up/vacant properties, strung out vagrants, it looked like a sad dying place. We were all puzzled about how recruits find any appeal in spending 4 years there. It is closer to Ottawa, Toronto, and Montreal than it is to NYC and the entire region is rural hillbilly-like outside of the bigger towns. It’s population is only about 40% higher then Woodbridge or Edison.

PS - they’re getting close to a foot of snow tonight

I go to Syracuse for work at least once a year. Million other places I’d rather go. Pastabilities is a corny name and the food is nothing to write home about. Much better Italian food in north NJ and NYC.

Reactions: thegock
Never really like Syracuse before even discussing football. Used to go there for work quite often. They had a few nice areas to go for some food and drink but outside of that- just always felt like what it is- a run down Western NY/PA type of industrial town.

Syracuse started 6-0 and their fans wonder if they are headed to a 6-6 season with games remaining at Wake and at BC. With a bowl loss they could reach 6-7. The struggle is real for Cuse fans after getting hammered by FSU 38-3 at home.

If you look at their schedule, they were positioned to start off hot. Purdue gave away the one game they were challenged with at least 50 yards in penalties after taking the lead with a 2 minutes or so to go. Only time in first 6 game they were away was at UConn.

Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
It's funny that some fans thought the grass was greener in the frozen tundra.

BC will be their salvation. 7-5

BC will be their salvation. 7-5
I said 6-8 wins for them and Kansas even when they were 5-0 or 6-0 and was questioned why so low bottom of the range considering they're at the cusp already. Streaks can turn, injuries happen etc...

I thought ND would be a shot for the Cuse but ND has been a strange bird this year. Home losses to Marshall and Stanford and then beat the 2 ACC division champs Clemson/UNC lol. I think this past weekend they were up 35-7 against Navy and then escaped with a 35-32 win.

I thought WF would be a harder win for the Cuse a few weeks ago but Hartman has had a TO bug lately so who knows. BC is probably their better chance to rack up win #7.

Never really like Syracuse before even discussing football. Used to go there for work quite often. They had a few nice areas to go for some food and drink but outside of that- just always felt like what it is- a run down Western NY/PA type of industrial town.
I remember going up to Syracuse for basketball events in middle/high school and thought it was great. Went again for work and quickly realized why they kept you on or very close to campus. The city is a dump. It got so bad that we would offer to fly our accounts to NYC rather than going to Syracuse.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
Ahh, Siberiacuse.

For decades before retiring, I did client work. Early in 2014 my client requested my presence in the Frozen Meth den. Dinosaur BBQ is actually better in Rochester, but a step down from what you can get in any state south of MD. Homeless people roam the streets at noon in the middle of downtown. Dirty snow is piled on the streets.

A C-level client pointed at a suburban house on the way to the office and said that you could buy it for $50k back on a client visit in 2005. Quite a few houses within the city limits looked like they needed at least $50k worth of work. My last visit in 2018, I found out by text that my brother in law’s brother’s son had OD’ed. The bars are inexpensive, doe.

My plan is never to go back.

ADVERTISEMENT