10:00AM—12PM
RSVP information to follow
And no, I don’t know why it is on a Sunday morning or why it is not at The RAC

Free admission and parking
College Avenue Gym in New Brunswick
Isn't this a season ticket holder thing?

Isn't this a season ticket holder thing?

The Email I received showed it was for RFund members only who donated over a certain level

Reactions: Scarlet Shack
The Email I received showed it was for RFund members only who donated over a certain level

Mine says presented by The RFund but nothing about RFund members, unless ST holders are automatically grouped in because of required donations for seats?

Local, just changed it
Remember, if you know someone that contributes to RFund, they can bring two people with them.

These are always fun. Pike’s awesome personality and love of his guys comes through as he makes comments toward the fans during the practice, even while it is going on.

Example: When Myles was a RS Freshman, Pike was bragging about Myles’ academic achievements and how Myles had a 4 GPA while taking a huge Engineering class load. Pike then said, “I just hope that Myles can get us 4 rebounds per game!” Lol!

One plus, when they were practicing foul shots I saw Harper hit 18/20
Ran a lot of drills, no scrimmage game this year
Sound system wasn’t that good, very echoey - hard to understand everything that was said when Pike and the players were speaking. One player there who I didn’t see listed on roster - Andrew ??? Couldn’t catch the name when was introduced #10

Reactions: BillyC80
Sound system wasn’t that good, very echoey - hard to understand everything that was said when Pike and the players were speaking. One player there who I didn’t see listed on roster - Andrew ??? Couldn’t catch the name when was introduced #10
Thanks. Any thing else stand out? Wish they had a scrimmage.

No number 10 on the website roster, but you may have heard Aiden Terry or Aundre Hyatt.

I saw Jaden make something like 10-11 free throws.

Pike introduced #10, who is not on the roster.

What I heard is he is Andrew and from NJ and he is a spunky NJ dude and a solid practice player.

The top 5 minutes guys will be the top 5 returning players. Hyatt could possibly replace McConnel in the starting line-up but probably not. Hyatt may be the best shooter of the newer guys. Mag does not seem to be a high percentage shooter and kind of doubt Jones will be Too. The key Returning guys all looked good. Omoruyi is incredibly athletic but his scoring will all be at the basket. Paul and Geo will run the point.

Reactions: Scarlet83
A few things I noticed:

These kids are very likable, they are close and get along together. So much positivity and non verbal, straight up brotherhood.

my wife and I noticed that Cliff and Ralph Agee made a lot of their FTs.

The game pressure on FTs was made when Pike saw too many misses, he would announce that the clock for the drill would go back to the beginning, 2 minutes. He would also call out certain players, so they knew he was watching, to add “pressure” to make the FT. I liked the drill.

Jaden Jones was about 10/11 of what I saw on FTs. He has a sweet stroke.

A lot of time was spent on defensive fundamentals. Hope Greene FIG was there! Numerous closing out drills. Ball you man. Three man perimeter m2m defense. Rebound and outlet. I wouldn’t expect less of Pike and staff.

The bigs did not shoot the pop out to the medium corner, catch and shoot a 15 footer well at all. I saw 9 misses in a row toward the end.

everything was timed and extremely efficient.

there was a lot of clapping and high energy throughout the practice.

Cliff is fast. Cliff is athletic. Cliff is fun. Cliff is a leader.

the managers work their tails off, add a lot of energy and are a part of the practice plan. They know all of the timing and details. Much appreciated, guys!!

Most players pay attention to the details, but some more than others.

I like our team!

The top 5 minutes guys will be the top 5 returning players. Hyatt could possibly replace McConnel in the starting line-up but probably not. Hyatt may be the best shooter of the newer guys. Mag does not seem to be a high percentage shooter and kind of doubt Jones will be Too. The key Returning guys all looked good. Omoruyi is incredibly athletic but his scoring will all be at the basket. Paul and Geo will run the point.

I liked Jones’ shooting. I hope you are right with Hyatt and I am right with Jaden.

The cards given out listed the 15 guys on the roster. # 10 is a guy not on the roster on line or on the card. I assume he is a recent walk on addition. The speaker system did not project too well to where I was sitting. At first i thought it might be Brian Nussbaum who was announced several months ago as a PWO and was asked about on this site just recently. However if someone said his name is Andrew from NJ than he is a mystery as I couldn't hear his name when announced. He did not partake in all of the drills so he must be a recent addition.

I was impressed with the team. Cliff I think has really improved. He was even hitting some jumpers around the foul line. Agee is very athletic and will try to score. Miller looked outstanding with in your face defense. Harper looks a bit more slender and he and Baker were hitting their shots. Hyatt, Jones and Mag also looked good as did Mulcahy and McConnell. I have no idea but I think Coach might go 10 deep. Palmquist hit some threes and Reiber looked pretty good too but those two might be our 11th and 12th men but what do I know. I myself am so much looking forward to the opener. The breakfast was great as well and Hobbs and Pikiell both spoke highly on our team. Nathan is on scholarship this season and Aiden Terry and Logan Stephens are walk ons and I assume # 10 is a third walk on.

I liked Jones’ shooting. I hope you are right with Hyatt and I am right with Jaden.
Hope so. One thing I found surprising is that Reiber seemed pretty quick. On the other hand he looks lighter than last year and I can’t see him banging against Big10 big guys. Also wonder if he is more than 6’7.

For comparison, physically Agee has less size and athleticism than Shaq Carter. That’s not to say he can’t be a useful back up. We’ll see.

Reactions: BillyC80
Hope so. One thing I found surprising is that Reiber seemed pretty quick. On the other hand he looks lighter than last year and I can’t see him banging against Big10 big guys. Also wonder if he is more than 6’7.

For comparison, physically Agee has less size and athleticism than Shaq Carter. That’s not to say he can’t be a useful back up. We’ll see.
I agree that Dean Reiber did not look like he gained muscle mass. He looked ripped, but not larger muscle, core strength. He will have to use his quickness and mind to defend B1G bigs.

I agree that Dean Reiber did not look like he gained muscle mass. He looked ripped, but not larger muscle, core strength. He will have to use his quickness and mind to defend B1G bigs.

It’s really tough to tell when you only see these guys on TV for a year.

Exactly - no number 10 showing on roster, so it probably needs to be updated. White guy so definitely not Hyatt who was there wearing #5 or Terry who was there wearing #25 as shown on roster.
#10 is new. And his first name is Andrew.

I was and I thought he looked lean and muscular but it’s tough to compare it to last year when we only saw him on TV.
I agree. He is lean and muscular. Not comparing him to last year. I am comparing him to B1G bigs he will have to defend.

He is definitely training diligently. He just is not gaining enough good muscle mass, from what I saw.

He will need to beat bigger 5s with his quickness, positioning and his mind, IMO.

Could you tell if Agee is 6’10 and 260 pounds as Pike said in a recent interview?

ADVERTISEMENT