Oct. 7 vs. Nebraska L, 31-10
Oct. 22 vs. Indiana W, 16-13
Oct. 29 at Minnesota L, 38-14
Nov. 5 vs. Michigan L, 45-6
Nov. 12 at Michigan State L, 37-7
Nov. 19 vs. Penn State L, 52-7
Nov. 26 at Maryland L, 41-7

3-9 (1-8)

Same as it ever was. Bring on basketball and the women’s sports!

Schedule
Sept. 3 at Boston College L, 24-19
Sept. 10 vs. Wagner W, 56-7
Sept. 17 at Temple W, 31-10
Sept. 24 vs. Iowa W, 30-27
Oct. 1 at Ohio State L, 52-9
Oct. 7 vs. Nebraska W, 27-20
Oct. 22 vs. Indiana W, 23-13
Oct. 29 at Minnesota L, 31-13
Nov. 5 vs. Michigan L, 38-17
Nov. 12 at Michigan State L, 41-10
Nov. 19 vs. Penn State W, 27-24
Nov. 26 at Maryland L, 48-14

6-6 (4-5)

@kyk1827 donates 5% of his earnings in perpetuity to pay for the 20ft tall GS statue.

The reality is- we beat BC- we beat a fairly decent team. I would then expect 5/6 wins. We lose- 3 wins.
unless- we start the season with Noah, bring inGW at game 4/5 and he shows up as the WB we are all hoping for…
If he proves he could be our best ever- 6 wins and a bowl

Reactions: thegock
4 wins:

Wags
Temple of Cosby
Hoosier Daddy
[New Cornhusker Coach]

Anything more would be a gift, but I am not opposed to upsetting one of the B1G 4 in the B1G East. Probably two years away from being a solid mid tier B1G team.

Keep those checks coming in.

The reality is- we beat BC- we beat a fairly decent team. I would then expect 5/6 wins. We lose- 3 wins.
unless- we start the season with Noah, bring inGW at game 4/5 and he shows up as the WB we are all hoping for…
If he proves he could be our best ever- 6 wins and a bowl
I really don‘t understand why people keep saying this about BC. They finished last in their division last year, and the ACC media, which should know them best, picked them to finish second to last this year. There is no reason to think this is a good football team. A lower tier team from the BIG should be able to beat a lower tier team from the ACC.

I really don‘t understand why people keep saying this about BC. They finished last in their division last year, and the ACC media, which should know them best, picked them to finish second to last this year. There is no reason to think this is a good football team. A lower tier team from the BIG should be able to beat a lower tier team from the ACC.
maybe because they beat VaTech/GaTech Played Fla St/@Clem/@L'Ville all very tough.

I am not going to say they are a 'good' team but like I said- fairly decent. and it is at their home. You beat them in an away game- it is a solid win.

The type of statement you make- sets RU up in a lose lose situation. and I think we have a lot of people that post here that like to do the same thing.

Just waiting to see us maybe win a close game and throw off a good win as a "we beat a weak team, we should have won by more" or we lose to them close and the take is that the season is a disaster as we lost to a horrible ACC team.

2022 Schedule
Sept. 3 at Boston College W, 19-16 (1-0)
Sept. 10 vs. Wagner W, 52-10 (2-0)
Sept. 17 at Temple W, 37-13 (3-0)
Sept. 24 vs. Iowa L, 24-16 (3-1, 0-1)
Oct. 1 at Ohio State L, 55-17 (3-2, 0-2)
Oct. 7 vs. Nebraska W, 23-17 (4-2, 1-2)
Oct. 22 vs. Indiana W, 26-14 (5-2, 2-2)
Oct. 29 at Minnesota L, 29-20 (5-3, 2-3)
Nov. 5 vs. Michigan L, 37-27 (5-4, 2-4)
Nov. 12 at Michigan State L, 45-16 (5-5, 2-5)
Nov. 19 vs. Penn State W, 23-21 (6-5, 3-5)
Nov. 26 at Maryland L, 38-24 (6-6, 3-6)

I can’t remember going into a season with less of an idea of what to expect, but what the hell. We bowl!

Solid 3-0 start OOC before coming home to lose a tough one to Iowa. OSU provides us our annual 30+ point shellacking before we put the final nail in Frost (our 1st B1G home win in 5 years). We beat a beleaguered IU team in Bloomington to get to 5-2 (2-2). Things feel good. Then comes the thud. 3 straight losses to the M-schools drop us to 5-5 (2-5) with PSU coming in. I just moved to Florida and won’t be in attendance, which all but guarantees an RU win. Bowl eligibility clinched with the victory over the Nits. We struggle to hang with Maryland in a track meet early, and they pull away at the end. 6-6 (3-6).

Last edited:
maybe because they beat VaTech/GaTech Played Fla St/@Clem/@L'Ville all very tough.

I am not going to say they are a 'good' team but like I said- fairly decent. and it is at their home. You beat them in an away game- it is a solid win.

The type of statement you make- sets RU up in a lose lose situation. and I think we have a lot of people that post here that like to do the same thing.

Just waiting to see us maybe win a close game and throw off a good win as a "we beat a weak team, we should have won by more" or we lose to them close and the take is that the season is a disaster as we lost to a horrible ACC team.
Virginia Tech fired their coach, Georgia Tech is awful, Florida State was awful last year, Clemson had their worst team in over a decade, Louisville was pretty bad too. And they lost to Syracuse. They were not very good. And this year, maybe their OL can come together by the end of the season, but the first half of the year is likely to be pretty rough.

Sept. 3 at Boston College L 16-12

Sept. 10 vs. Wagner W 52-0

Sept. 17 at Temple W 45-17

Sept. 24 vs. Iowa L 27-13

Oct. 1 at Ohio State L 48-10

Oct. 7 vs. Nebraska W 27-22

Oct. 15 Open Week -

Oct. 22 vs. Indiana W 23-17

Oct. 29 at Minnesota L 24-20

Nov. 5 vs. Michigan L 34-16

Nov. 12 at Michigan State L 17-10

Nov. 19 vs. Penn State W 20-16

Nov. 26 at Maryland L 33-23

5-7

Reactions: thegock
I'm glad this thread got bumped because it shows how little we expected this year. So maybe we shouldn't be so full of doom and gloom now that our predictions are coming to pass.

Hitting low expectations isn't some achievement or reason not to be upset.

So if expectations are 4-8 in 2023 and 2024 - everything is fine?
Because we're hitting expectations?

Reactions: Plum Street
Better question is why were expectations so low in Year 3, coming off a bowl appearance, returning senior starting QB and TE, OL transfers, depth at RB (returning Monangai/Young and incoming recruits)?

Reactions: Plum Street
If Schiano picks the right QB and move the defense more to a 4-2-5(3 safeties with the lack of quality LBs) look, they have a chance at 6-6 or better, otherwise 4-8, 5-7.
I think I did well for myself with 1 game left, Nebraska 13-14 and Mich St 21-27 results in the books, two games that could've put us at 6-6 or better

Better question is why were expectations so low in Year 3, coming off a bowl appearance, returning senior starting QB and TE, OL transfers, depth at RB (returning Monangai/Young and incoming recruits)?
Well- you did hit the points.
1)Bowl appearance was a fluke even though we enjoyed it. It was not a bowl team on the field.
2) senior starting QB and TE- Vedral hurt all year and when he did start, he played hurt. We settled on living with a freshman QB. Sr TE- assuming you mean JT. In his 2nd year at TE. Need I say more
3) OL Transfers. They just didn't play as expected. And first time all playing together.
4) Depth ar RB- yes, and the best one that could have actually been a difference maker rather than just a piece, got hurt for the year.

Anything else stupid to add. None of us are "happy" - ok, there are some more happy that they were right, that we would suck then they would have been if they were wrong if we were better- but we all have some concerns- the points you just made are just DAF.

4-8

Wins over BC, Little Sisters of the Poor, Temple and Indiana.
RUforlife looks to be the leader in the clubhouse going into the Maryland game.

Not only picked the correct record but also identified the W-L result from each game.

Well played, Sir!

Well- you did hit the points.
1)Bowl appearance was a fluke even though we enjoyed it. It was not a bowl team on the field.
2) senior starting QB and TE- Vedral hurt all year and when he did start, he played hurt. We settled on living with a freshman QB. Sr TE- assuming you mean JT. In his 2nd year at TE. Need I say more
3) OL Transfers. They just didn't play as expected. And first time all playing together.
4) Depth ar RB- yes, and the best one that could have actually been a difference maker rather than just a piece, got hurt for the year.

Anything else stupid to add. None of us are "happy" - ok, there are some more happy that they were right, that we would suck then they would have been if they were wrong if we were better- but we all have some concerns- the points you just made are just DAF.

Nothing else "stupid".
You already added it.
None of what you listed actually answers the question of why expectations were low PRE-SEASON (that means before the season started).
  • Nobody knew Vedral was hurt and be compromised all year.
  • Nobody knew the OL transfers would not work. You even said they were expected to work well.
  • Everyone loved JL and wanted him more involved in the offense.
  • Nobody knew Brown would be so good but it's not like KM was an unknown coming into the season. Seems most were positive on KM/Young/JL in the backfield.
But sure - my post was "DAF".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT