ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL: ASH FIRED!!!! ; Nunzio Campanile interim; McNulty also gone

Wonder why McNulty got the axe as well?

Was this a coup attempt by Campanile, whispering into the ear of Hobbs?

He is OC and HC? Who made that decision?

Would like to know the back story.

Reactions: ru1869
McNulty too. That's a surprise to me.
Didn't read the article before I posted I was a little surprised by that too but I wasn't a fan of his hire anyway so it's fine. Campanile will be OC too...let's see how that goes.

From the article:

Hobbs will oversee an immediate national search for Ash’s replacement, with former Rutgers coach Greg Schiano expected to be a top candidate. Mississippi State coach Joe Moorhead, Buffalo coach Lance Leipold, Pittsburgh coach Pat Narduzzi and Princeton coach Bob Surace are other coaches who are expected to draw interest from Rutgers officials for the job.

Campanile, who will lead the Scarlet Knights on Saturday in a Big Ten game at home against Maryland, also is expected to be a candidate, but a decision isn’t expected until the offseason.

Campanile will also serve as offensive coordinator, NJ Advance Media has learned.

giphy.gif

There was a rumor I heard about McNulty that I don’t wish to share. It was convenient to cut him now as well.

Didn't read the article before I posted I was a little surprised by that too but I wasn't a fan of his hire anyway so it's fine. Campanile will be OC too...let's see how that goes.

From the article:

Hobbs will oversee an immediate national search for Ash’s replacement, with former Rutgers coach Greg Schiano expected to be a top candidate. Mississippi State coach Joe Moorhead, Buffalo coach Lance Leipold, Pittsburgh coach Pat Narduzzi and Princeton coach Bob Surace are other coaches who are expected to draw interest from Rutgers officials for the job.

Campanile, who will lead the Scarlet Knights on Saturday in a Big Ten game at home against Maryland, also is expected to be a candidate, but a decision isn’t expected until the offseason.

Campanile will also serve as offensive coordinator, NJ Advance Media has learned.
Moorhead, Narduzzi or Schiano would be homeruns. I think anyone of those coaches would be attractive for transfer portal players too. We could be respectable sooner than many think with some solid transfers while recruiting rebounds.

And there were posters here who said Rutgers would not fire Ash during the middle fo the season. You have to stop the bleeding, or you'll bleed out, and we were close.
In fairness, this is a very un-Rutgers-like thing to do. Hopefully this is indicative of a change in philosophy within the AD and BOG.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT