ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL: ASH FIRED!!!! ; Nunzio Campanile interim; McNulty also gone

Dont know if Greg is gonna be hired but he is not the same person that left Rutgers.

Being under urban meyer who is an offensive genius has a huge impact.

His defense has seen a lot at Ohio State. Im hoping he learned what modern offenses should look like.

Maybe that's why McNulty is gone.
For the record McNulty's offense, this year was more of a spread. McNulty doesn't have the personnel to execute what he wants. Last year had more elements of pro-style expect no fullback. It's tiring to hear the same narrative repeated and be far from the truth. I've seen enough football to understand the differences in a true pro-style offense and a spread offense based around the run and the spread offense based around the pass. Anyway, it doesn't matter because McNulty is gone. It's on to the next one.

Now, maybe the legal experts could answer this.

Could Rutgers hypothetically hire the other Campo from Michigan because of that clause in his contract that makes him super affordable, but we hire him to be HC in Name Only?

Um, why would a P5 school hire a head coach to be "in name only". Why would any school do that? Makes 0 sense.

His contract clause doesnt make him supper affordable. It simply means Rutgers doesnt have to pay a buyout for him. Rutgers doesn't have to pay a boyout for Schiano either, as he is unemployed.

Let's just say since Rutgers has a zero tolerance for people who say mean stuff, it's probably best for all that he moves on to somewhere where he can develop players without having to worry about hurting feelings.

Sounds credible. Something was up for McNulty to get canned as well.

Folks here wanted him as interim HC.

I’m betting that Hobbs was more tuned in to the situation than us on this board.

Reactions: BLewis1968
Let's just say since Rutgers has a zero tolerance for people who say mean stuff, it's probably best for all that he moves on to somewhere where he can develop players without having to worry about hurting feelings.
Sounds like a Mike Leach issue like last night with his quote. I wasn't a fan of bringing McNulty on board but just from his interviews I always got the feeling he'd be unfiltered in how he coaches and it's a different world now these days...probably better suited for the NFL then.

Reactions: Normandcliff
Um, why would a P5 school hire a head coach to be "in name only". Why would any school do that? Makes 0 sense.

His contract clause doesnt make him supper affordable. It simply means Rutgers doesnt have to pay a buyout for him. Rutgers doesn't have to pay a boyout for Schiano either, as he is unemployed.

I misread his contract stipulation. I thought it was for HC only. Apparently he can come here as a DC and have 0 Buyout as well.

I misread his contract stipulation. I thought it was for HC only. Apparently he can come here as a DC and have 0 Buyout as well.

Yeah it's weird. We might actually have to pay a buyout if he becomes head coach but not the DC.

AFAIK... "Michigan says Campanile will not owe the school a buyout if he leaves to become a defensive coordinator at Rutgers or any school outside of the Big Ten East division."

Reactions: redking
I am beyond shocked at the timing. McNulty going too is a surprise but I thought this was at least a month later coming.

Exactly. I hope we go big. As you’ve said, no guarantees. But maybe better odds.
And you have me convinced we need an offensive mind and not another defensive mind. If for no other reason then changing things up.
Well if the footballscoop sources are right doesn't sound like much of a search is underway. Sounds like Schiano according to them which is what some here have said. I'm not a fan of it myself as compared to others here but for me just like I said with Ash....tell me who his OC will be and if he'll leave him alone and I can be fine with him based on those answers.

Wtf? Who put them down? I totally respect and root for them. We're just not in a position to experiment right now. Get it?

Go find a safe space.

Any coach right now would be an experiment at RU. Only one has been able to live the culture there. The 2 experiments you cited : one is working on his 2nd straight undefeated season in NJ so he must recruit over his head and the other kicked our ass! Get It?!! Now you go jump back into your safe space,

Well if the footballscoop sources are right doesn't sound like much of a search is underway. Sounds like Schiano according to them which is what some here have said. I'm not a fan of it myself as compared to others here but for me just like I said with Ash....tell me who his OC will be and if he'll leave him alone and I can be fine with him based on those answers.

Probably won’t even Interview anyone else.

This job was schiano’s as soon as he resigned from the patriots.

The fact that Buh is still on staff but McNulty isnt does make you wonder..
Buh is gone next year. McNulty is gone mostly because Camp was clearly the best choice to be interim. He's a possible future OC or even HC, has NJ ties, Schiano ties, his brother is also a possible future Rutgers coach.

Reactions: KevH and 17Q66
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT