ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL: ASH FIRED!!!! ; Nunzio Campanile interim; McNulty also gone

#ElkoToRutgers

I mentioned this in the A&M board and was practically run off...called a traitor and several other bad names...LOL...they are truly afraid of losing him...

I’m almost certain it will be a Schiano recycle but wherever ME goes, he will do well!!

It will be interesting to see how this plays out over the next couple of weeks. In the short term you can only hire someone who is not a current HC. That rules out Rhule, Moorhead, Clawson, Narduzzi, Norvell and Candle. So you are down to Schiano, Jones, and perhaps Leavitt. If this is already preordained for Schiano without a true national search I will be a little disappointed.
I agree. That is what he did last time, hired to fast.

Then Schiano shouldn't be the new coach.

It's a new Schiano too. One under the Urban Meyer umbrella, one that has nfl head coach experience, one that has seen the power of high powered spread offenses.

I was jesting. It may be ButcH Davis I HAVE BEEN LED TO BELIEVE.
Noooooooooo. He did theoretically win the last national championship at Miami (Coker did it the year after the same way Flood won the BE with Schiano's guys). But he's been underwhelming at UNC and FIU.

Does this mean that every assistant coach will be gone when a new head coach is hired or do some stay? I read something that other coaches will also need to be bought out. Trying to wrap my head around this. Gotta change my photo now!!

Does this mean that every assistant coach will be gone when a new head coach is hired or do some stay? I read something that other coaches will also need to be bought out. Trying to wrap my head around this. Gotta change my photo now!!

Yes every coach will essentially be fired unless the new coach decides to hire him.

Yes rutgers has to pay their buyout. But usually their salaries are not that high and they typically only get the difference from their new job.

So lets say a guy was making 100k at rutgers and at the next job that person gets 75k. Well rutgers owes that assistant 25k. Now lets say that person gets 150k at the next gig. Then Rutgers owes nothing.

Last edited:
Wait, you of all people are calling out other posters for being wrong about something related to Rutgers football?[roll]

Excuse me? Me, the guy who is right, DEAD ON right about everything going on with Elmer Fudd, that’s the guy you’re talking to?

Get loser loser.

Excuse me? Me, the guy who is right, DEAD ON right about everything going on with Elmer Fudd, that’s the guy you’re talking to?

Get loser loser.
I didn't think namecalling was allowed on this board. Do the rules not apply to "Legends?"

I've seen old posts from you saying that Ash was an incredible hire and that anyone who didn't support him (before you flip-flopped) was an "Ash Hole," among other insults. If I were you I would be embarrassed and seriously considering taking some time off from the board.

I didn't think namecalling was allowed on this board. Do the rules not apply to "Legends?"

I've seen old posts from you saying that Ash was an incredible hire and that anyone who didn't support him (before you flip-flopped) was an "Ash Hole," among other insults. If I were you I would be embarrassed and seriously considering taking some time off from the board.

Yup, I fully supported the hire, and as an alumnus AND fan I have earned EVERY right to “flip-flop” as I see fit. So does everyone else.

Your obsession with me is shining through again. You’re a creepy person.

You’re a creepy person.
Oh look, more name-calling and personal attacks. Like I said, you should take some time off from this board. And you definitely shouldn't be attacking posters who have differing opinions about the current athletic director and the next coach. You were completely wrong about Chris Ash and your attacks on the posters who saw the writing on the wall before you did were ridiculous and embarrassing.

Oh look, more name-calling and personal attacks. Like I said, you should take some time off from this board. And you definitely shouldn't be attacking posters who have differing opinions about the current athletic director and the next coach. You were completely wrong about Chris Ash and your attacks on the posters who saw the writing on the wall before you did were ridiculous and embarrassing.

Go find yourself a safe space.

ADVERTISEMENT