ADVERTISEMENT

Official BC Game Roll Call

I know you didn't ask me, but I am going to try to convince my crew to be there. There are 4 families, so we'll see if I can get all 8 parents to agree on anything.
I mean it's gonna be filled with our fans and is only a 20-minute walk to the stadium. Likely the BEST spot to go, from all accounts, as well!

I mean it's gonna be filled with our fans and is only a 20-minute walk to the stadium. Likely the BEST spot to go, from all accounts, as well!
How to get there from Newton though? Is it possible to drive there, park there, and pick up the car after the game?

How to get there from Newton though? Is it possible to drive there, park there, and pick up the car after the game?

Uber from Newton to the bar, walk to the stadium (1 mile), walk to bar after game, uber back to Newton. That's our plan!

Last edited:
Take the Green Line D from Riverside Station in Newton. It is 7 stops to the Reservoir Station (20 mins), and you are a short walk away (0.2 miles). Fare is $2.40 each way.

Kids love trains.

What time are you heading up Friday? (saw that in the Haiku).
We are leaving Monmouth around noon, going over the Tappan Zee and up the Merrick/15 to visit our kid at Quinnipiac in Hamden.

Staying in a barn and paying a lot of money for it (it's some sort of farm adventure) Friday night in northern Ct, then should be at the Cityside around 9 a.m. if the farm animals don't kill us. I need to talk to @koleszar for tips.
Like the sign on my farm reads

THIS PROPERTY IS A FARM!

Farms have animals.
Animals make funny noises, can smell bad,
have sex outdoors and poop everywhere

If you can not tolerate any of these
YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT HERE!

Like the sign on my farm reads

THIS PROPERTY IS A FARM!

Farms have animals.
Animals make funny noises, can smell bad,
have sex outdoors and poop everywhere

If you can not tolerate any of these
YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT HERE!
Our booking included this warning:

"Other things to note:

Please note this is a functioning farm - livestock, tractors and work is conducted daily. As a Guest, you and your party understand and are aware you may encounter potential sound and smells accustomed to a farm experience. You understand that you may be exposed to pollen, insects, and other environmental factors accustomed to being in nature and a farm."

Owners must have had too many My Cousin Vinnie types as guests?

my-cousin-vinny-owl.gif

Our booking included this warning:

"Other things to note:

Please note this is a functioning farm - livestock, tractors and work is conducted daily. As a Guest, you and your party understand and are aware you may encounter potential sound and smells accustomed to a farm experience. You understand that you may be exposed to pollen, insects, and other environmental factors accustomed to being in nature and a farm."

Owners must have had too many My Cousin Vinnie types as guests?

my-cousin-vinny-owl.gif

Why are you staying there again?

Originally thought we might get 6-8, but lots of issues came up for friends, so I'll be going solo. Heading up around 5 am Sat so should be in Boston by 9 am. Will head over to Cityside Tavern and see who's around then walk over to the game and cheer like a lunatic. Will also get in a round of disc golf at nearby Maple Hill, one of the top 5 courses in the country.

Are you staying at the Marriott in Newton? If so, I just looked (because we are) & it's a 20 minute walk to the T and then another 26 minutes on the train. Pretty sure Uber will be our friend.

Will be heading up the Saw Mill River Parkway North at around 2:00pm on Friday afternoon.
RU Flags and Magnets will be on the car. Honk if you drive by.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
We are. I'm gonna see if we can drive to CitySide, park there, and pick it up later.
I did a deep scout of the area for parking. Seems like the street parking is 2 hour parking. Could not find any parking that was longer than 2 hours. There seemed to be parking on the north side of the Reservoir, but could not tell if there is a time limit. I'm just guessing that on game days they may do things up there similar to the way areas around Rutgers and Johnson Park, and preventing football people from clogging up the Reservoir Parking.

I could be wrong. Obviously, the employees of Cityside Tavern have to park somewhere while they work, but maybe they have local resident type permits. Maybe @bostonknight11 can weigh in.

I did a deep scout of the area for parking. Seems like the street parking is 2 hour parking. Could not find any parking that was longer than 2 hours. There seemed to be parking on the north side of the Reservoir, but could not tell if there is a time limit. I'm just guessing that on game days they may do things up there similar to the way areas around Rutgers and Johnson Park, and preventing football people from clogging up the Reservoir Parking.

I could be wrong. Obviously, the employees of Cityside Tavern have to park somewhere while they work, but maybe they have local resident type permits. Maybe @bostonknight11 can weigh in.
Unfortunately, parking around Cleveland Circle is very sparse. There are a few metered, 2-hour limit spots by the commercial establishments. Other than those, nearly all spots require a resident permit. Parking enforcement on game days is particularly swift. The first people out and about on game day mornings are BC students getting house parties going at 8am and tow truck drivers just waiting for the call...

My guess is most of the restaurant employees just walk/take the T to work.

IF you are lucky enough to find a non-resident visitor spot (there's usually one every block or so), those do not have a time limit. However, it's usually tough to find those, because odds are some weekend visitor parked there Friday night and won't leave until Sunday. The further you get from BC/Cityside, the better chance you have of finding a spot.

If you decide to roll the dice, a tip for city parking on a weekend (anywhere) is to look for schools, as they generally don't allow parking during the week to make room for buses. Thus, on weekends, their frontage is not restricted to resident permits.

Good luck!

Unfortunately, parking around Cleveland Circle is very sparse. There are a few metered, 2-hour limit spots by the commercial establishments. Other than those, nearly all spots require a resident permit. Parking enforcement on game days is particularly swift. The first people out and about on game day mornings are BC students getting house parties going at 8am and tow truck drivers just waiting for the call...

My guess is most of the restaurant employees just walk/take the T to work.

IF you are lucky enough to find a non-resident visitor spot (there's usually one every block or so), those do not have a time limit. However, it's usually tough to find those, because odds are some weekend visitor parked there Friday night and won't leave until Sunday. The further you get from BC/Cityside, the better chance you have of finding a spot.

If you decide to roll the dice, a tip for city parking on a weekend (anywhere) is to look for schools, as they generally don't allow parking during the week to make room for buses. Thus, on weekends, their frontage is not restricted to resident permits.

Good luck!
I was wondering if anyone has been to BC and knows if they have adjacent neighborhoods like Pway does where neighbors let u park in their driveways?....lmk if anyone has experience/knowledge

Parking at Hammond Pond Reservation or the shopping center and walking seems like a decent option. 1.1 mile walk.

Parking at Hammond Pond Reservation or the shopping center and walking seems like a decent option. 1.1 mile walk.
Where the CVS is just south of the Chestnut Hill T station? I was thinking about doing that.

When I called the Cityside Tavern I was told you can park by the Reservoir for as long as you like. I thought she mentioned it was free. Getting a spot might be another story.

Reactions: iReC89
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT