ADVERTISEMENT

Official I Love Aron Cruickshank Thread

ScarletDog

Senior
Gold Member
May 7, 2007
Thank you Aron for telling that punter what every one of us wanted to say in that moment. Our guys played hard yesterday. Now we need to play with a bigger chip on our shoulder. Let’s go kick some Cornhusker ass. Your coach is behind you. Your fans are behind you. Time to bring about the biggest CHOP…let’s go!

Was losing him for the first half of a winnable game against Nebraska worth “sending a message” to a punter who just reacted to a complete collapse by the punt return team? How is exploiting a complete undisciplined punt block disrespect? Now Rutgers has to play an entire half without arguably you best offensive player in a must win game if you hope to get a bowl game. Do you think it actually changed anything?

Sometimes you smack someone in the mouth for disrespecting you. Glad AC did it with a clean hit. He could have took his head off but didn't.
How was it a clean hit two yards out of bounds while he was pulling up? Now AC has to sit out half a game. Do you think it actually changed a thing? The only thing it changed it they will probably get a good laugh during film and not think about it again.

Here's the play. Cruickshank was flying up the sidelines, and he looked like he pulled up a bit. He had nowhere to go as #21 (think that was Carnell Davis, not Langan) and he would have collided. It was a quick hit, and he tried to duck down.

Here's the play. Cruickshank was flying up the sidelines, and he looked like he pulled up a bit. He had nowhere to go as #21 (think that was Carnell Davis, not Langan) and he would have collided. It was a quick hit, and he tried to duck down.

That wasn't a fake punt, it was a heads up play by the punter. You guys who think he should have been kinder and gentler because he was up 39 pts, keep checking the mail for your participation ribbon.

Again, if we don't want people disrespecting us, be more respectable.

Was losing him for the first half of a winnable game against Nebraska worth “sending a message” to a punter who just reacted to a complete collapse by the punt return team? How is exploiting a complete undisciplined punt block disrespect? Now Rutgers has to play an entire half without arguably you best offensive player in a must win game if you hope to get a bowl game. Do you think it actually changed anything?
If it fires up the team and it carries over into Friday Nights game…..Absolutely.

To me it was a sign that our guys have had enough. We will have a chip we haven’t had. Hate to lose him for first half but sometimes this is what’s necessary. Like a coach taking a technical in hoops…you pay a fee, but it’s a spark. We aren’t taking it any more…this is the turning point. We will roll over Nebraska.

That wasn't a fake punt, it was a heads up play by the punter. You guys who think he should have been kinder and gentler because he was up 39 pts, keep checking the mail for your participation ribbon.

That's BS. While it may not have been designed as a fake he had plenty of room to kick the ball but decided to run. He got what he deserved.

Sometimes you smack someone in the mouth for disrespecting you. Glad AC did it with a clean hit. He could have took his head off but didn't.
It was done purely out of frustration. Not a good play. Hate to see him out for first half of Nebraska.

Reactions: Plum Street

You are correct. Cruickshank had slowed down and turned while the runner actually ran into him and hit him in the back.
Watch it again.

If it fires up the team and it carries over into Friday Nights game…..Absolutely.
I am sure no one’s getting fired up over it. If giving the play up was not enough to fire them up then a late hit out of bounds is not going to inspire them.

That's BS. While it may not have been designed as a fake he had plenty of room to kick the ball but decided to run. He got what he deserved.
So the other team not allowed to make plays because Rutgers is so bad? The other team supposed to roll over and quit? Maybe Rutgers should play more disciplined and kept contain on a punt? if you want participation trophies this level of football is not for you.

I am sure no one’s getting fired up over it. If giving the play up was not enough to fire them up then a late hit out of bounds is not going to inspire them.
Did you see our players react on the sidelines? They got fired up. What would you rather have done? It is not touch football. AC made sure he was not getting past him. Proud of him

Reactions: redking

I’m all for teams playing to the final whistle. I have no problem 2nd-3rd string scoring late in the game. But when you are up by 40 you do not run a fake punt. Even if it wasn’t called by the sidelines. From my experience a coaching staff will set expectations and remind people what is acceptable. Green lights and certain reads are turned off. This is where you tell the punter to punt it away. The goal at this point is to get to the locker room with minimal impact on the body and start preparation for next week.

Reactions: RUScrew85
Did you see our players react on the sidelines? They got fired up. What would you rather have done? It is not touch football. AC made sure he was not getting past him. Proud of him
He hit him two yards out of bounds. He wasn’t getting around him. Sure they were fired up but they still lost 49-10 and now have to play the first half of a crucial game without the top playmaker.

So the other team not allowed to make plays because Rutgers is so bad? The other team supposed to roll over and quit? Maybe Rutgers should play more disciplined and kept contain on a punt? if you want participation trophies this level of football is not for you.
There's a difference between rolling over and not faking a punt. If you can't see that there's no hope for you.

He hit him two yards out of bounds. He wasn’t getting around him. Sure they were fired up but they still lost 49-10 and now have to play the first half of a crucial game without the top playmaker.
This is football, a contact sport. He hit him out of bounds and got penalized for it. Are you saying that PSU is immune from ever delivering a personal foul or late hit?

There's a difference between rolling over and not faking a punt. If you can't see that there's no hope for you.
It wasn’t a fake punt. Rutgers failed to maintain contain on punt block and he did exactly what every rugby style punter is coached to do.

This is football, a contact sport. He hit him out of bounds and got penalized for it. Are you saying that PSU is immune from ever delivering a personal foul or late hit?
It happens to all teams but I wouldn’t be celebrating a player getting ejected and missing the first half of a crucial bowl game as this thread is doing. Some here actually think it was good that he did it. I am sure the coaches aren’t happy and celebrating it. It is a costly penalty.

Reactions: RUMED
Shame on the guys who thank him for that super late hit. I'm sure Schiano gave him an ear full for that bonehead play.

It wasn’t a fake punt. Rutgers failed to maintain contain on punt block and he did exactly what every rugby style punter is coached to do.
An extremely stupid move. That late in the game with Day subbing players in to avoid injuries to key players. Go back and watch the Wagner game. Korsak could have easily done the same thing but did not. Zero reason to risk injury. AC could have easily head hunted or gone after the punters legs

Reactions: RULoyal
It happens to all teams but I wouldn’t be celebrating a player getting ejected and missing the first half of a crucial bowl game as this thread is doing. Some here actually think it was good that he did it. I am sure the coaches aren’t happy and celebrating it. It is a costly penalty.
Are you gonna be ok? You seem really upset

You know what's most upsetting about all of this???

I agree with a Nut from PSU

Think of it this way. Pretty sure we all love Adam Korsak. Now imagine he does this against Wagner this late in the game. We are already blowing them out. He now takes a late hit out of bounds and is out for the season. Are you really sure you would be OK with him running as compared to kicking it away? OSU punter had plenty of time to do it

Reactions: Rutgers36
Someone from PSU lecturing on moral and ethics of a situation is precious.

The first half suspension rule only applies to targeting, not all ejections. The B1G could certainly still suspend him, but it’s not an automatic or even likely in my opinion

He hit him two yards out of bounds. He wasn’t getting around him.
Still making up nonsense, I see. The out of bounds white lines are only 2 yds. wide. Damn man, do you even know this game? At this point with all the nonsense you're spewing, I highly doubt it.

I never said it was a fake punt. But the announcers did several times, and I will take Joshua Perry's words over anybody's here.

Here is the sequence. Cruickshank was flying up the sidelines and the punter had just stepped out. As an aside, if he did not want to get hit, he could have slid after he got the first down, but he decided to go for it.

Slide 1: Where was Cruickshank supposed to go? He was boxed in.

NTWvLYP.jpg

Slide 2 when contact is made:

avqCRwz.jpg

Slide 3:
At this point, the punter and Cruickshank both lost their footing from the collision. Doesn't appear to be flagrant. Cruickshank did not have time to go right with #21 closing in.

k3sw1wB.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT