ADVERTISEMENT

Official RUTGERS vs Stony Brook Prediction Thread

KnightsofChrome

All Conference
Sep 20, 2012
RUTGERS 78 vs. Stony Brook 59

I'm looking at the match ups, and I can't see them matching our strength on the boards. And, their 3 point shooting is nothing to write home about. Our Defense might just dominate them.

LaJ9Kmo.gif

RU 84
SB 22

On a neutral court I think we win by 10 (or by 14 at home). On the road I see this more like a 5 point win, RU 68-63.

RUTGERS 78 vs. Stony Brook 59

I'm looking at the match ups, and I can't see them matching our strength on the boards. And, their 3 point shooting is nothing to write home about. Our Defense might just dominate them.
I think the game may be closer than expected because of Pikiell and his old stomping ground. But who better to scout the Stony Brook players than the coach who recruited them. We will go 9-1.

Reactions: RUich
I think the game may be closer than expected because of Pikiell and his old stomping ground. But who better to scout the Stony Brook players than the coach who recruited them. We will go 9-1.

Yeah, hard to think that any of the SB players will surprise anyone. You know he certainly knows every kid's weaknesses.

Reactions: RU MAN
I don't see a lot of size in the Stony Brook regular rotation. We should own the glass. Coach Pike will know how to game plan for them better than any other opponent.

RU 71
SB 58

Reactions: mikefla

I agree. Stony Brook has already lost at home to Columbia and Loyola Md. Neither is a good team. Without the emotion of Pikiell going home, we should win this game by double digits. But, I think we will squeak it out.

After a 7-1 start, Sagarin had us at 75.45 and Stony Brook at 65.14, but it's not up to date. So I would think that we have probably climbed a bit higher after a 42 point blowout.

I agree. Stony Brook has already lost at home to Columbia and Loyola Md. Neither is a good team. Without the emotion of Pikiell going home, we should win this game by double digits. But, I think we will squeak it out.

Despite two early home losses this year, here is the main concern:

“It’s a tough environment,” Pikiell said. “They’ve lost eight games at home in five years. So I have to get our guys prepared for that.”

I usually venture a guess butI have no idea what to make of this one. I expect it to be close.

This one will be a big one either way.

If we show up it is no contest a 18 to 22 point win 76-54
or if we leave "it" back in Piscataway we loose by 11 to 14 say 67-56

No middle ground, not seeing a close game

This is a huge game for Stony Brook. Most the entire team was recruited by Coach Pikiell.
The scene will be wild. Supposedly they are selling 800 tickets beyond their usual capacity. Teams often get extra charged for a specific event and that should be the case with this game. I am happy that I will see it live. I hope the team can play extra hard and get the W for Coach as well as for themselves. I think it will be close and I expect Stony Brook to play over their heads.

Stony Brook isnt as good as they were under coach P...3-5 so far
-not a lot of height....their two bigs (6'11 Petras and 7ft Campbell play but have 3pts/2rebs on average)
-Sturdivant is their best player,,,13pts/7 rebs a game
-they lost to Towson by 25
-lost to Md by only 14
-lost their most important key...their coach....we have coach P !

Coach P will have our guys ultra prepared......and he knows many of their weaknesses
-Gettys has a field day
-Freeman gets another double double
-Sanders scores a bit more than usual...and exhibits some swagger

In what I hope becomes a yearly contest
Rutgers 77
Stony Brook 58

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT