ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio St. Michigan St. game thread

Look if they finish out with a win against Michigan, and sweep MD/IU, yes, they will get a better seed than us.

In that case they will have earned that seed, because that's a better resume than ours.

However, we're not fighting with them for a spot in the tourney at all.

I don't think anyone suggested that.

It would have been better for OSU to win tonight though.

Michigan State plays at Maryland and two games against Michigan to end their season. MSU has really turned their season around. They look like a tournament team. They were so physical as were Ohio State. The game was a real war. We need to win our next game and hope for a # 7 seed in the BET as Maryland and Michigan State are really coming on.

its possible that RU wins its last 2 and Wisconsin who gets Illinois at home, at Purdue and at Iowa, loses all 3 to finish 10-10, RU could still finish 6th

I see Michigan State does play at Maryland on 2/28, Indiana at home on 3/2 and at Michigan on 3/4 and Michigan at home on 3/7. If we win both games we will finish 11-9 if we split we will be 10-10 and if we lose both we would be 9-11. We really need to only think about Nebraska first to get to 10 wins.

Tie breakers are head to head which we finished 1-1 against both Michigan State and Maryland. If there is still a tie they go to who had the top win over the highest team in the league. We were 0-1 against Michigan and Maryland was 0-2 against Michigan. Michigan State still has two games to play vs Michigan. If they split with Michigan that could be huge. The Michigan State-Maryland game is also huge on Sunday 2/28 at Maryland at 2 PM on CBS. All 3 of us defeated Illinois and only played them one time. I can see easily that both Michigan State and Maryland can both finish at 10-10 so just like last year where we tied for 5th but lost out on the tiebreakers and fell to a # 8 seed in the BET we must take care of business and hope we can get a # 7 seed in the BET.

dont know of the tiebreaker procedure if RU ties at 11-9 or 10-10 with Maryland.
I saw a scenario maker that says we win any head to head tie with Maryland because we beat Purdue and they lost a game to them. If it is a three way tie with Wisconsin too, we come in 3rd based on round robin record.

Reactions: bac2therac
Michigan State plays at Maryland and two games against Michigan to end their season. MSU has really turned their season around. They look like a tournament team. They were so physical as were Ohio State. The game was a real war. We need to win our next game and hope for a # 7 seed in the BET as Maryland and Michigan State are really coming on.

They were very physical against Illinois as well and Ayo has a broken nose as a souvenir. Neither OSU or Illinois strike me as shrinking violets so that makes it even more impressive. If they are allowed to play that way without incurring any significant foul trouble, they will be able to compensate for any talent discrepancy and thus be a tough out.

Last edited:
What B1G games showed tonight is that Michigan clearly is the best team in the league.Every game another player steps up and in the romp of Iowa Wagner was unstoppable.Michigan State is coming on strong defeating Illinois and Ohio State in consecutive games.The favorable perception of the program could put them ahead of other B1G bubble teams.Minnesota losing to Northwestern is a very bad loss.They along with Indiana are running out of games to improve their ranking.Nebraska had another loss to Illinois showing that they are a turnover prone team.Rutgers needs to start strong and dominate the game from beginning to end.with fast break baskets.

ADVERTISEMENT