ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State all but guaranteed to miss B1G championship game - ESPN

ScarletDave

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 7, 2010
On College gameday they just announced that the Big Ten confirmed time them, that you must play 6 games minimum to be eligible for the B1G championship game, UNLESS no other team plays more than 6 games. They said that would mean that 12 of the final 14 games over the last 2 weeks (assuming all the rest of today’s get played) would need to get canceled.

OSU would only play 5 games because they are under a 10 day quarantine from their facility, which means they will miss today’s game vs Illinois and next week’s vs MSU. Massive development and OSU fans will certainly not be happy with Day

• Haha
Reactions: St_Henry_Buckeye
On College gameday they just announced that the Big Ten confirmed time them, that you must play 6 games minimum to be eligible for the B1G championship game, UNLESS no other team plays more than 6 games. They said that would mean that 12 of the final 14 games over the last 2 weeks (assuming all the rest of today’s get played) would need to get canceled.

OSU would only play 5 games because they are under a 10 day quarantine from their facility, which means they will miss today’s game vs Illinois and next week’s vs MSU. Massive development and OSU fans will certainly not be happy with Day
Where'd you see that the entire team is in a 10 day quarantine? The 10 day quarantine is for Day, as required by B1G protocols, but I haven't seen anything about it being the entire team and their press release said they can resume when their medical team allows in accordance with B1G protocols. As of now MSU game hasn't been canceled.

Are you drunk? Why would tOSU fans be unhappy with Day? As Leonard23 says above the ten day quarantine does not apply to the team, just the coach.

Reactions: RUonBrain
Where'd you see that the entire team is in a 10 day quarantine? The 10 day quarantine is for Day, as required by B1G protocols, but I haven't seen anything about it being the entire team and their press release said they can resume when their medical team allows in accordance with B1G protocols. As of now MSU game hasn't been canceled.
Kirk Herbstreit said on the College Gameday open that the team could not enter their facility for 10 days

Looking like Indiana vs Northwestern for the B1G.. OSU and Wisconsin will not play enough games.

The Fox pregame explained that it would take the Big Ten cancelling 12 of the next 14 games for an OSU 4-0 team to have a shot at getting that 6-game min rule negated.

Reactions: ScarletDave
Players have a required 21 days layoff from initial diagnosis. Both test and population positivity rates calculated and used to determine if and when to cancel games includes not only players but also staff. Don’t think we have enough information to determine what happens next week although the pattern has been teams shutting down football activities typically cancel 2 games before getting back on track.

Kirk Herbstreit said on the College Gameday open that the team could not enter their facility for 10 days
I'm still not seeing any confirmation that MSU game has been canceled or that they can't be in their facility for 10 days. Maybe he misspoke.

I'm still not seeing any confirmation that MSU game has been canceled or that they can't be in their facility for 10 days. Maybe he misspoke.
Not only that but the situation didn't meet the B1G standard to cancel. OSU made the call themselves.
Their AD said they are trying to play next week. W

Maybe I'm missing something here, but why in the hell would OSU fans be unhappy with Day ?

Reactions: BLewis1968
Even if they don't make the B1G championship game, they will still play a consolation game that week. Assuming they get Wisky and beat them soundly it is hard to keep them out. They got a big assist from the other OSU last night when they came back and Oregon, pretty much knocking the PAC out of the playoff. There is no way the committee is taking a team from Ohio that is not Ohio State. I don't see Cincy getting in and BYU has not played anyone.

The Florida - Bama loser is probably out as well as the ND - Clemson loser. If OSU wins out its them, the SEC champ and the ACC champ. If ND loses close they might still get in as the fourth or it is Texas A & M.

On one of the pregame shows, I can’t remember which as I was going back and forth to avoid commercials, I saw an interview with Day. He claims that if they stay clean they can resume practice on Thursday, have a walk through on Friday, and play on Saturday. Seemed like a stretch to me but he thinks they can play the next two games. I assume he knows who has to quarantine and who doesn’t. We should know by early in the week.

Poetic justice for a prick like Day.

"Our team is blah and 0 and that's what matters. Blah and 0. We have some things to work out"

Never a passing mention of the team he just played just how completely F-ing awesome his team is. Jagoff. Hope it chaps his ass purple if it plays out that his blah and 0 team is sitting home just like all the unmentionable 'losers' he played all year.

Reactions: schemingup23
To clarify - OSU "could" be eligible with only 5 games IF:

The league average is under 6 games per team.
Then a team would only need to be within 2 games of the league average to be eligible for BIG Championship.

If league average is 6 games per team, you must play at least 6 games to be eligible for BIG Championship.

Sorry but i'm not buying this until i see the B1G stay firm on this rule in regards to OSU. They will come up with something i guarentee you OSU is ruthless!

Believe me, if there is any way the Big Ten can get Ohio State into the championship game, they'll do it

If league average is 6 games per team, you must play at least 6 games to be eligible for BIG Championship.
I've yet to find how they quantify this though. Suppose the average is 5.75 games, or 6.33 games. Is it rounded to the nearest integer?

I've yet to find how they quantify this though. Suppose the average is 5.75 games, or 6.33 games. Is it rounded to the nearest integer?

If it gets OSU into title game?

Anything under 6.0 gets rounded down.
5.99999999 = 5 game average

ADVERTISEMENT