ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State football unanimously picked as Big Ten champion in 12th annual cleveland.com preseason poll

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
Cleveland.com picked up the responsibility for organizing the poll when the Big Ten dropped it 12 years ago. The panel included beat writers from 13 of 14 Big Ten teams and some who cover the entire league or have a national perspective.

• Rutgers was the only East team not to receive at least one vote as high as fourth place.

The realistic goal has to be 6-6. A big key to getting there is to beat BC and then start 3-0. I think 5-6 and a season finale at MD for a Bowl bid is reasonable.

Reactions: colbert17
Oh No Reaction GIF by The Great British Bake Off
Ohio St 1st??????????????

Indiana was very good 2 years ago. Shows how tough this BIG East is. Pitt could win it though.

OSU football should just ascend to a higher being already and rule over heaven and earth.

OSU football should just ascend to a higher being already and rule over heaven and earth.
In reality, the 2022 OSU team is LOADED and could very well win the NC if - and this is a BIG IF - their defense turns out to be decent. The ONLY reason that Michigan won the B1G last year was because of the PUTRID (an understatement) 2021 OSU defense which resulted in the defensive staff getting fired. And it just wasn't 2021 as their 2020 defense also STUNK.......and that's on Ryan Day. OSU went out and paid a small fortune to replace their 2021 defensive staff

If you read the ss-called "experts," this is OSU's most talented team since 2014-2015 but they are having a somewhat harder time in recruiting the defensive front seven in 2023 (for them anyways) as many recruits want to see how their 2022 defense turns out

Last edited:
The realistic goal has to be 6-6. A big key to getting there is to beat BC and then start 3-0. I think 5-6 and a season finale at MD for a Bowl bid is reasonable.
Would love 6-6. Need to beat BC, that is a must game if we want to get to that record. I hate having the first game mean so much, but with the B1G schedule being so brutal you need to win these OOC early games.

ADVERTISEMENT