ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State Game- Please Be in Your Seats by 3:15 p.m.

Team entrances into stadiums are treated as a big deal by the networks…if you’re worthy of it.
Without first establishing a winning tradition and “this is a big game” worthy billing, you can beg and ask all you want and it ain’t going to happen.
In our case here in NJ, we do everything twice as fast as anywhere else.
If we win a handful of big games and produce “this is a big game” pre-game hype….our place will be rockin for team entrance.
I keep going back to it, but the Alma Mater before Louisville brought tears of joy and the feeling of “BIG TIME” like no other event I’ve ever been to

Team entrances into stadiums are treated as a big deal by the networks…if you’re worthy of it.
Without first establishing a winning tradition and “this is a big game” worthy billing, you can beg and ask all you want and it ain’t going to happen.
In our case here in NJ, we do everything twice as fast as anywhere else.
If we win a handful of big games and produce “this is a big game” pre-game hype….our place will be rockin for team entrance.
I keep going back to it, but the Alma Mater before Louisville brought tears of joy and the feeling of “BIG TIME” like no other event I’ve ever been to
Yes
I'll be in my seat for kickoff, but thanks for the heads up, Fan Police.
Say the same thing to @zappaa , because he is 100% right. First 2 games at home were pathetic at kickoff. Rutgers has some attention now. The fans can represent on Saturday. Or they can arrive late.

We have made the decision to start breaking our tailgate down 1 hour before kickoff so we can be done by 30 minutes before kickoff and in the stadium shortly thereafter. It's the absolute least we can do for this team.

And @Knight Shift is right, the first 2 games the team ran out to full student sections but almost empty of regular fans. It was awful.

I will be in my seat at 3:21 and not a minute before.
I’m I’m my seat for warmups and pay no attention to the actual time GS leads them out.
If 3:21 puts you in your seat after we run out, so be it…
Being there and providing an immediate shot of adrenaline to the team is one of the only things you can do to help us.
If that is or isn’t important to you, than once again so be it

We have made the decision to start breaking our tailgate down 1 hour before kickoff so we can be done by 30 minutes before kickoff and in the stadium shortly thereafter. It's the absolute least we can do for this team.

And @Knight Shift is right, the first 2 games the team ran out to full student sections but almost empty of regular fans. It was awful.
I could have carried @RUScrew85 into the stadium with us for the Delaware game. 😂

There isn't that much we can do as fans to help. The game is played on the field. But to help recruiting and fire up the team, be in the stands for the opening of the game.

Reactions: runrutgersrun
Rutgers fans don't arrive till the end of first quarter and leave midway during the third quarter.

Fans need to do their part too.
So, in other words:

XKDzcL2.jpg

At a 3:30 game, seems most "fans" tailgate until 3:31.

I'm always in my seat early. I then watch a procession of fans walking past my seat and down the aisles/stairs beginning soon AFTER the kickoff. Bugs the crap out me.

At a 3:30 game, seems most "fans" tailgate until 3:31.

I'm always in my seat early. I then watch a procession of fans walking past my seat and down the aisles/stairs beginning soon AFTER the kickoff. Bugs the crap out me.
We are also missing that big time band every team in our league has.
It’s a factor they’re a second thought

Reactions: beaced and IMARUFAN
IMARUFAN-
Obviously I’m well aware of the color and pageantry bands provide at college games.

But seeing The Ohio State marching band run into “The Shoe” to a pact stadium 20 minutes prior to the game was eye opening and one of the most entertaining things I’ve ever seen.

My son (13) and I are going to the game... first game since the season before covid. Pumped. Side note- I've been a Rutgers football fan for 26 years and I have NEVER been to the Scarlet Walk. That said, for those who have been, how accurate is the estimate on the RU website... it says "approx." 2.5 hrs. before kickoff. So for a 3:30 game, what do you all think is a safe time to be there by? 12:45ish? Also, how hard is it to be up front in the first row high-fiving the players? And are they even doing that anymore? Are players and coaches high-fiving as they walk through or has that stopped since covid?

My son (13) and I are going to the game... first game since the season before covid. Pumped. Side note- I've been a Rutgers football fan for 26 years and I have NEVER been to the Scarlet Walk. That said, for those who have been, how accurate is the estimate on the RU website... it says "approx." 2.5 hrs. before kickoff. So for a 3:30 game, what do you all think is a safe time to be there by? 12:45ish? Also, how hard is it to be up front in the first row high-fiving the players? And are they even doing that anymore? Are players and coaches high-fiving as they walk through or has that stopped since covid?
Be there by 1 -1:15 Greg is pretty demanding at the busses will pull up right at 2 hours before game time. Your son could probably slide up to the hedges. I always allow kids to get in front of me and actually point to them and give them my spot. I can look over them.

Depending on what lot you are coming from is also important. If you are coming from yellow, blue etc, be careful because the police start blocking the road off. But there is more area to get up to the hedges or fence.

Last week Greg high fived both sides and the players.

Get to the scarlet walk at 1 for a fun pep rally with the band and cheerleaders up until the team shows up

Reactions: DirtyRU

The pep rally starts at 1pm. Band. Cheerleaders. Dance team. Find Pat Hobbs & say hello.... he'll be at the corner greeting everyone. Take a photo with Sir Henry.
Find a spot along the hedges. Look around for the parents of your favorite nplayers & say hello. They are all there wearing their sons number on them somewhere.
Team arrives about 1:20 . Schiano is in the lead. Walks slowly, hands out on both sides high fiving every single person. Team follows behind with coaches & trainers mixed in. Most of them high fiving as well.

U4PsVA3.jpg

Last edited:
I’d get in there early but not sure I can handle the extra time of that damn loud music

IMARUFAN-
Obviously I’m well aware of the color and pageantry bands provide at college games.

But seeing The Ohio State marching band run into “The Shoe” to a pact stadium 20 minutes prior to the game was eye opening and one of the most entertaining things I’ve ever seen.

Maybe the broadcast suppressed it, but did not notice loud music blaring between every play at Michigan. Did notice a very loud crowd that caused Rutgers to take a time out at the goal line. Also noticed their marching band playing quite a bit and getting the crowd into the game.

Maybe the broadcast suppressed it, but did not notice loud music blaring between every play at Michigan. Did notice a very loud crowd that caused Rutgers to take a time out at the goal line. Also noticed their marching band playing quite a bit and getting the crowd into the game.
Their band is 3 times the size of ours, as is every team’s band in the B1G

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT