ADVERTISEMENT

Football OL Cedrice Paillant enters transfer portal

Starting in 13 games in 2 years isn't exactly terrible at a P5 school. It's more of a question as to how he performed in those games. I assume the answer is "not well" (or that he hasn't progressed enough, etc.).

OL is a position of great need. And, even though we have some OL coming in next season, we need experienced OL as soon as possible.

Reactions: 17Q66
Starting in 13 games in 2 years isn't exactly terrible at a P5 school. It's more of a question as to how he performed in those games. I assume the answer is "not well" (or that he hasn't progressed enough, etc.).

OL is a position of great need. And, even though we have some OL coming in next season, we need experienced OL as soon as possible.
We brought in four transfers.

Maybe I define experience more broadly but along with the 4 transfers, Pierce, Brown, Zilinskas, and Felter all have started and if Sutton can make it back, that's 9 with varying degrees of experience. Not sure about Tyler but of the transfers I believe Dunlap and Ciaffoni have more than 1 year remaining.

I would have interpreted news that Palliant was still in the mix for the 2 deep as bad news and that the transfers were all busts and that we would be screwed.

Man, they didn't waste any time scrubbing him from the roster website.

Normally not bad but considering the total void of any talent on our OL during his time that’s not much.
Best of luck to him.

What I found very telling after Saturday’s scrimmage was when Schiano was answering questions. Whomever asked about the loss of a key piece on the O line. Greg responded with , “ I don’t know about a key piece as we ranked 120th in offense last season.” In other words Paillant will not be missed as much as some think.Starting 13 games over two years tells the extent of our ineptness on the O line. He has proclaimed that last years play will not mean much. Either produce or take a seat down over there . it is nice to see once again the unacceptable mediocre play of about 6 years will not be tolerated.

OL is the most important position. If you can't sustain a drive, then that's put so much pressure on defense.
We have not had a good OLine in over 15 years. That is one of the main reasons why we have struggled mightily on offense. I think oue QBs have been ok. But they have had no time to throw the ball or even run the ball.

Good for him, it's difficult for all involved when you need to desperately upgrade what you have, just as Cedric was an upgrade, the process needs to continue, and you just can't go from A to Z in one move.
Other one individual offensive lineman who transferred every one that transferred has stepped down at least one level.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Best of luck to Cedrice. The offer list explains some things.
Nothing wrong with his list not that you were saying there is. We play the best if the best other than SEC D lines. He took a chance coming here. Everyone we just recruited is taking a chance. Not all 25 guys will play. Every year the upperclassmen have to decide if they want to go elsewhere and get some PT. They deserve that after the work they put in. For guys like Cedrice and some of the guys transferring in the portal is a great thing. Like you said best of luck to Cedrice. But even more luck to the guys wearing the R!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT