ADVERTISEMENT

OL Help??

RU_PAYBACK

All American
Gold Member
Jan 29, 2008
This team desperately needs Offensive Linemen. Have there been any reports on available JUCOs or Grad Transfers? I may be mistaken, but haven't seen any articles written about this lately.

Reactions: SCILS02
This team desperately needs Offensive Linemen. Have there been any reports on available JUCOs or Grad Transfers? I may be mistaken, but haven't seen any articles written about this lately.

There are OL in the portal. Many more listed as OG than OT. The number who'd be immediately eligible and better than what RU has is something I'd have no idea about.

1) I’m sure Greg is well aware

2) aside from being held hostage by AC the D staff was pretty much in place well before the O side.

3) under Greg it was always going to be easier to get D-Side guys time transfer in...

....so HOPEFULLY the staff is working hard towards getting a couple “big uglies” on O!!

Cedrice Paillant enrolled and starts classes today. He is expected to step in and start at RT from day one.

What is the story with Micah Clsrk?

Big prospect out of HS, and three years in, very little contribution. Anyone know?

2) aside from being held hostage by AC the D staff was pretty much in place well before the O side.

3) under Greg it was always going to be easier to get D-Side guys time transfer in...

....so HOPEFULLY the staff is working hard towards getting a couple “big uglies” on O!!
Number 1 says it all.Some day EVERYBODY on this site will have the same confidence in Greg that you and I do.

Reactions: scripts
OL is tougher to build quickly than DL but with good coaching we may not be as far away as we think. We have to hope some of the guys in the pipeline develop like Vanesky did. He took a big leap this past season. Jackson made big strides the prior 2 seasons. We have a couple of guys that are going into their 3rd year who I expect to start or be in the 2 deep. A Juco from last year and a Juco from this year can start or provide depth. If there is one more plug and play we will take him. A guy like RJ Dill who we got from MD for one year and he did a great job.

What is the story with Micah Clsrk?

Big prospect out of HS, and three years in, very little contribution. Anyone know?
C’mon man. Don’t bury that topic in here. Start a new thread about it. :popcorn:

You think Schiano knows this? We must remind him

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
I trust Greg, but want to know some of the potential targets.

Wasn't there a somewhat local kid who is transferring from Florida St?

I think O'neal and Sutton will be the starters at tackle. Hopefully, we can move one of the guards will move to center.

Agreed, unlike DT there was some solid recruiting on OL. Oneal, Sutton Krimin and Hanson all had other offers and are getting into the years where you'd think they'd help. I'm hearing Felter could be a 3/4 year starter. Love the Juco's tape. Last year's O struggles were a little less O line and a little more WR/QB imo.

I think O'neal and Sutton will be the starters at tackle. Hopefully, we can move one of the guards will move to center.
No matter who ends up starting we actually have some decent competition on o-line for camp this year. Lot to look forward to for the first time in a long time.

Agreed, unlike DT there was some solid recruiting on OL. Oneal, Sutton Krimin and Hanson all had other offers and are getting into the years where you'd think they'd help. I'm hearing Felter could be a 3/4 year starter. Love the Juco's tape. Last year's O struggles were a little less O line and a little more WR/QB imo.
They certainly did well against PSU. We lose 2 guys but every year we will likely lose 2-3 guys who play a lot. We return Handful of guys who played a lot last year and a couple who have played a lot for 2 years. Then we have the guys you mention who maybe be ready to step in.

I have a feeling that Schiano and staff grade the oline higher than most on this site

These two I still am high on. If they can shake the injury bug we'll have two solid starters, but again that's a big "if". The interior needs reworking.

-Maietti-is what he is now, not a P5 center, but best we have. For a shorter kid he's not quick enough to use leverage, so going toe to toe with monsters he gets eaten alive and doesn't hold the point of attack. He's entrenched there but Rutgers needs a serious upgrade.

Krimin- he has recognition problems or is slow. Tough to tell which one, but I believe he has trouble knowing when to pass guys off or recognizing where the blitz is coming from. If it's this it's mental and the coaching staff needs to get through to him or he's a liability. His run blocking isn't great either so he needs to improve on that.

Guard not named yet- Here's where Paillant can come in and help. Have not seen enough of Hanson to make a determination but he could be an answer.

Best scenario- find a plug and play tackle, moving Sutton to the inside. It would give you two strong guards to flank Maietti where his level of play wouldn't be noticed as much.

Reactions: RUinPAC10land
Portal OL:

Any shot at Cam DeGeorge from UConn?
https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Cam-DeGeorge-84276/RecruitInterests/
https://uconnhuskies.com/sports/football/roster/cam-degeorge/10129
The redshirt junior offensive lineman started all but two games for the Huskies the past three seasons.

Jauan Williams, FSU--TOS say 100% Maryland. He has RU offer:
https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Jauan-Williams-38618/RecruitInterests/

Devery Hamilton out of Baltimore- grad transfer from Stanford
https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Devery-Hamilton-38800/RecruitInterests/

ADVERTISEMENT