ADVERTISEMENT

Older UNC Fan Brawls with Virginia Tech Student Section...I hope none of our fans ever do this...EVER!

nonsense.. the concept of fighting words is real. and if there was assault (throwing things) that certainly applies.

kudos to the VT fans who just sought to control him.. the few haymakers I spied.. bad on you. they all knew this dad was provoked... that redhead he went after is very likely a total douche.

Lmao. Sure thing, Street Justice.

Back in the real world ...not a great idea for anyone to just launch himself into an entire group of opponents, especially if he's a parent with his son/daughter, and triple-super especially when there's clearly security personnel nearby. "Fightin' words" or not.

I swear you just come up with hairbrained responses to be controversial. But you're bad at it.

Something similar happened to me once…

BC game 95 or 96. My GF and future wife were at the game. Section 124 was were I used to sit. Not a nice day out I recall.

She is a teacher and at the time also a cheerleading coach so we were checking their sideline routine out. Win/win for me, right? 😉

End of the aisle couple drunks (3 or 4, maybe more) were really starting to get out of hand…language, saying things to others, really loud.

Not my problem…or so I thought. While I assumed both of us were still checking out the cheerleaders an older gent confronts the drunks and it gets ugly. Real ugly. I was still looking at the routine and unbeknownst to me my wife gets involved. I only noticed when I turned to ask her what that move was the cheerleaders just did and realized she’s right in the middle of it yelling at the group who pushed the old guy down the stairs.

I run over to try and get her away and they turn on me. One of the guys has one of those long plastic horns you get at a parade as a kid. He has it raised so I grab it out of his hand and toss it a few rows down. Didn’t hit anyone because of the weather and a Terry Shea era crowd.

This apparently enraged all of them so they jump me and I turtle up as I take haymakers from the group. But they are so drunk or just don’t know how to throw a punch that none of them really hurt.

Finally some yellow jackets arrive to get them off of me. They got tossed.

We went to the old Rutgers Club after the game for dinner. While in the parking lot and still in our car I told her to NEVER DO THAT AGAIN.

Ended up being a nice dinner and good ride home.

Wives/GFs sometimes have a tendency to get guys involved in stuff they shouldn't.

Reactions: Scarlet1984
Something similar happened to me once…

BC game 95 or 96. My GF and future wife were at the game. Section 124 was were I used to sit. Not a nice day out I recall.

She is a teacher and at the time also a cheerleading coach so we were checking their sideline routine out. Win/win for me, right? 😉

End of the aisle couple drunks (3 or 4, maybe more) were really starting to get out of hand…language, saying things to others, really loud.

Not my problem…or so I thought. While I assumed both of us were still checking out the cheerleaders an older gent confronts the drunks and it gets ugly. Real ugly. I was still looking at the routine and unbeknownst to me my wife gets involved. I only noticed when I turned to ask her what that move was the cheerleaders just did and realized she’s right in the middle of it yelling at the group who pushed the old guy down the stairs.

I run over to try and get her away and they turn on me. One of the guys has one of those long plastic horns you get at a parade as a kid. He has it raised so I grab it out of his hand and toss it a few rows down. Didn’t hit anyone because of the weather and a Terry Shea era crowd.

This apparently enraged all of them so they jump me and I turtle up as I take haymakers from the group. But they are so drunk or just don’t know how to throw a punch that none of them really hurt.

Finally some yellow jackets arrive to get them off of me. They got tossed.

We went to the old Rutgers Club after the game for dinner. While in the parking lot and still in our car I told her to NEVER DO THAT AGAIN.

Ended up being a nice dinner and good ride home.
Turtling up... I know that move. Peacekeeping has a cost.

That's not what your post implied or meant. Keep digging that hole and try to dodge instead of apologize. Neither are good looks. I'll stay tuned.
Looks like you are offended for some reason but it’s not my problem that you have reading comprehension issues. I won’t apologize for some imaginary implication in your head.

Not one of them knows how to throw a punch. And why does anyone have a Michael Vick jersey at this point?

Looks like you are offended for some reason but it’s not my problem that you have reading comprehension issues. I won’t apologize for some imaginary implication in your head.

Hey what you wrote is out there - unless you deleted it. It stands on its own.

No worries here.

That's because you have a proper fear of lawyers. Record him, get a lawyer, report it to authorities, charge him with slander.. take his tuition money.

There are 2 types of people — those that throw hands and those that don’t. Depending on what group you’re in likely defines how you view this and other incidents. I always caution my friends who fall into the latter category to not say too much because you don’t if the other guy falls in the former.

There are 2 types of people — those that throw hands and those that don’t. Depending on what group you’re in likely defines how you view this and other incidents. I always caution my friends who fall into the latter category to not say too much because you don’t if the other guy falls in the former.
There is a time and place for both.

IMO I don’t think this was the place but again, we don’t know everything.

Used to mix it up back.in the day and I've learned 2 things. The least likely person you think is the one that is going to beat your ass is the one that beats your ass. 2nd whether you win or lose there is nothing worse than getting punched im n your nose and your ribs. They hurt for weeks.

The worst brawl I avoided was at The Hunka Bunka Ball Room. This sloppy out of shape fat dude was annoying all the girls and guys alike. He was dancing around in back bar and he kept dancing with his arm pit up by my face. Told him 2 or 3 times to get his arm put out my face
The next time I pushed him he came up to me took both his hands and patted both sides of my face of course I pooped him in his face. Thank god for these 2 black guys who held him back for a few seconds until bouncers came.
If anyone has ever been to the Bunka. They had a 6'10 350lb or so bouncer and real big bouncers. This guy I thought was an quick ass whooping threw like 8 bouncers around like they were rag dolls. It took them 15 minutes to get control of this dude to throw him out. I was next they told me I had to go. Told them F you unless there are cops getting me to my car.. That guy would have crushed me bad. He had freak strength and had heavy hands and used them well

Lol. Maybe if our fans had this much passion we wouldnt be a perennial laughing stock

47573371-9962979-image-a-45_1630944916428.jpg

amazing what a different angle reveals, he had a kid pinned under the bench….
Biggest thing here is all the beta cucks just standing by and watching. That is the real shame here

Lol. Maybe if our fans had this much passion we wouldnt be a perennial laughing stock
When did a fan throw a block (instead of punch) to spring someone for TD?

Would love to see the correlation between yelling louder, showing up early or staying the whole game and a team’s performance.

Passion between the hashmarks > passion in the stands

Get the first and you’ll get the second.

Would love to see the correlation between yelling louder, showing up early or staying the whole game and a team’s performance.

Exactly. Last season, our team won 3 games in the Big Ten for the first time. All without any fans at all.

By that measure, our fans that go to road games must be numerous and totally awesome (because we seem to win on the road more than home).

47573371-9962979-image-a-45_1630944916428.jpg

amazing what a different angle reveals, he had a kid pinned under the

Biggest thing here is all the beta cucks just standing by and watching. That is the real shame here
kid under the bench was not the one he punched.. was not the one he went after. For all we know this is a freeze frame of him trying to get back up and not of him attacking student under the bench. Actually.. kid under bench looks liek one who was throwing haymakers over the top after this dad fell after his punch at the ginger kid.

As for "beta cucks" standing around.. maybe that's what they should be doing. Imagine the ginger kid doing something so bad he begged to be punched in the face... I'd stand and watch that until he got what he begged for... then would break it up if needed.

kid under the bench was not the one he punched.. was not the one he went after. For all we know this is a freeze frame of him trying to get back up and not of him attacking student under the bench. Actually.. kid under bench looks liek one who was throwing haymakers over the top after this dad fell after his punch at the ginger kid.

As for "beta cucks" standing around.. maybe that's what they should be doing. Imagine the ginger kid doing something so bad he begged to be punched in the face... I'd stand and watch that until he got what he begged for... then would break it up if needed.
disagree, that is precisely the problem today. No one stands up, no one says anything, no one helps to keep the loud mouth a$$holes in check. No, you man up and do what is right.

Because having a fan base of self-proclaimed alpha males would magically translate to success on the field?
lol, read much. try reading and understanding that statement again and perhaps your liberal pansy left side will understand it vs reacting. It helps, try it

same thing I said to Mildone, read that again and understand the intimation. Passion comes in many forms whereas our passion is to not leave tailgates, leave at halftime is not a close game, make excuses not to go, poor donations, general apathy etc etc

you are much smarter than this

a passionate fanbase provides much more than the limited view of 'throwing a block' which is pretty much a stretch here.

surprised at you

Used to mix it up back.in the day and I've learned 2 things. The least likely person you think is the one that is going to beat your ass is the one that beats your ass. 2nd whether you win or lose there is nothing worse than getting punched im n your nose and your ribs. They hurt for weeks.

The worst brawl I avoided was at The Hunka Bunka Ball Room. This sloppy out of shape fat dude was annoying all the girls and guys alike. He was dancing around in back bar and he kept dancing with his arm pit up by my face. Told him 2 or 3 times to get his arm put out my face
The next time I pushed him he came up to me took both his hands and patted both sides of my face of course I pooped him in his face. Thank god for these 2 black guys who held him back for a few seconds until bouncers came.
If anyone has ever been to the Bunka. They had a 6'10 350lb or so bouncer and real big bouncers. This guy I thought was an quick ass whooping threw like 8 bouncers around like they were rag dolls. It took them 15 minutes to get control of this dude to throw him out. I was next they told me I had to go. Told them F you unless there are cops getting me to my car.. That guy would have crushed me bad. He had freak strength and had heavy hands and used them well
very true and it's always the loud mouth that goes down first lol

Reactions: greenknight
same thing I said to Mildone, read that again and understand the intimation. Passion comes in many forms whereas our passion is to not leave tailgates, leave at halftime is not a close game, make excuses not to go, poor donations, general apathy etc etc

you are much smarter than this

a passionate fanbase provides much more than the limited view of 'throwing a block' which is pretty much a stretch here.

surprised at you
The “Cameron Crazies” did not become what they are until K got his team winning.

Same here as the RAC did not return to being “The RAC” until Pike and the boys gave us a reason. Which is what I’m saying for Football. This coming from the guy who is always there early, sings the Alma Mater (the CORRECT one) at the beginning of the game and at that end too…win or lose.

Also, I’ve been that guy in the video at Rutgers Stadium, which is a story I have told before on here. It does make it easier when you’re the sober one as you don’t really feel their punches.

disagree, that is precisely the problem today. No one stands up, no one says anything, no one helps to keep the loud mouth a$$holes in check. No, you man up and do what is right.
But what is "right"?

The "right" thing for surrounding fans to do was to grab the parent and prevent further conflict until authorities arrived. SOME of them did that.. others were throwing haymakers at the back of his head. The UNC parent had not hit those people.

I gave an example where I'd let the parent punch the guy because he begged for that. I don't know that this applies to what actually happened. How many Va Tech fans saw that brewing and thought the redhead kid went too far and it would end in a fight? Maybe someone in a Virginia Tech shirt should have stopped the redheaded kid from instigating that reaction. Maybe that would be the right way to "man up and do what's right".

When I was his age we knew when you taunt someone you could cross a line and end up in a physical fight. I don't think this generation has that same notion the way they trash-talk and behave.

And, no, the UNC parent was not "right".. it was not the smart move given the litigious nature of society today. But I have no doubt that the redhead kid earned it.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
That's silly. When people stand up, in a brawl situation, they often become part of the problem rather than part of a solution.

If we're talking about some jerk picking on some helpless person, then standing up for the helpless person is fine. But that's an entirely different situation than a stadium brawl.

lol, read much. try reading and understanding that statement again and perhaps your liberal pansy left side will understand it vs reacting. It helps, try it
I don't have either liberal or conservative sides. I'm 100% pure unadulterated centrist and despise political parties and ideologies.

But I'm fine if you want to call me a pansy. That's not nearly so insulting and entirely meaningless when done over the internet. 😃

I don't have either liberal or conservative sides. I'm 100% pure unadulterated centrist and despise political parties and ideologies.

But I'm fine if you want to call me a pansy. That's not nearly so insulting and entirely meaningless when done over the internet. 😃
Only because those of us on the CE board knocked some sense into you! LOL!

None of that applies to this situation at all, Maybach.

Only because those of us on the CE board knocked some sense into you! LOL!
I was that way long before I ever participated in the CE board. And the CE board never knocked anything into anybody.

I eventually got bored of watching y'all chase each other around on the ideological mouse wheel. It was fun counter-trolling the more aggressive trolls. But even that lost it's entertainment value and grew old. After the election, I lost all interest. BTW, how many days has it been since there's been a deep state indictment? We're well into the thousands now, right? 😃

Technically, I'd argue there is a very strong correlation between the two. That does not imply, however, causation. Sorry for being a dick.

Technically, I'd argue there is a very strong correlation between the two. That does not imply, however, causation. Sorry for being a dick.
I laid it out above with some examples how you need more of one to get the other.

But…I do agree it’s possible for one to feed off the other.

My contention though is you need performance on the field before you see it in the stands. The Dawg Pound needs something to bark about.

Let's say for a minute we're in our stadium and a psu fan behind me is taunting me then accidentally brushes up against me in his drunkenness. Do I have the right to punch him in the face? I would like to know what the board thinks. I want to settle an argument I had with my wife that game, she said I couldn't, I said I was perfectly in my right to do so.
C'mon, man. Koleszar, you're better than that.

ADVERTISEMENT