ADVERTISEMENT

Older UNC Fan Brawls with Virginia Tech Student Section...I hope none of our fans ever do this...EVER!

There's got to be one helluva good reason I'd guess. Either the kid - and this would be NO surprise - was throwing things at him and his group or consistently shouting stuff at the females with him. I'd wager it's one of the 2. Let's not put ALL of this on the guy in powder-puff blue. Doesn't mean he couldn't have handled things better, don't get me wrong, but sometimes "enough is enough" and we don't have all the details.
200.gif

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Let's say for a minute we're in our stadium and a psu fan behind me is taunting me then accidentally brushes up against me in his drunkenness. Do I have the right to punch him in the face? I would like to know what the board thinks. I want to settle an argument I had with my wife that game, she said I couldn't, I said I was perfectly in my right to do so.
It’s a completely different situation. No you are not within your rights if someone brushes up against you…unless the dude is naked and has his schlong out, then you are within your rights. This UNC fan charged into the Virginia Tech student section and hit one of the kids. There is no excuse for that. Deescalate and move to another part of the stadium.

Well, let this be a lesson for all our fans. If you go to an away game, don’t sit next to the student section.

if the game is in WV or some place with equally ignorant folks, sit up higher so you don’t get piss bombed.

It’s a completely different situation. No you are not within your rights if someone brushes up against you…unless the dude is naked and has his schlong out, then you are within your rights. This UNC fan charged into the Virginia Tech student section and hit one of the kids. There is no excuse for that. Deescalate and move to another part of the stadium.

Brushes? NFW.

UNC has brought much of this on itself as a result of its "academic" scandal involving student-athletes most notably football and basketball players. The school outright cheated, for decades. Then when caught lawyered around an NCAA punishment citing their scandal as an academic one, not an athletic one. This fuels resentment. Wherever UNC fans go, this will follow them. And rightfully so. UNC got away with it? Well, yes, and no. Cheats and cowards. Nice combo. Eff them. LOL....

I’m just impressed the Troopers were around. At LA Dodgers games, they’d let em fight for an hour.

Reactions: Rokodesh
Can't defend this.....at OSU game in Columbus our first time playing there, some douche OSU fan called my daughter a "Rutgers Ho" right to her face with me 3 feet away. I wanted to beat the shit out of his scrawny ass, but even in my drunken state I didn't even say one word let alone attack the guy.

• Wow
Reactions: redking

WATCH: Older UNC Fan Brawls with Virginia Tech Student Section​

If you can’t win the game, try to win the fight. That seems to be what an older North Carolina fan was thinking as he charged into the Virginia Tech student section launching haymakers.

What led to the solo charge of the blue-clad dad is unknown. He was clearly targeting a particular member of the Virginia Tech student section, which would make one believe that heckling was involved at some point. Regardless of what started it, it ended with UNC dad at the bottom of a pile of Hokies.

It appears as though the fan targeted by the dad attempted to get away once he realized he had provoked the wrong guy. Virginia Tech ended up winning the game. However, if North Carolina had as much fight as their dad’s apparently do, it might have been a different story.

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/20...an-brawls-with-virginia-tech-student-section/

Yeah that's never going to end well for the UNC guy surrounded by 1000 of his opponent's friends.

Reactions: BROTHERSKINNY
And for the record, I think Vick got a raw deal.
Raw deal? The guy was breeding and fighting dogs. It’s not like it was a one time thing. They found 50 dogs used for fighting and being the ring leader got 3 yrs. suspended sentence, seized the property and a $3,600 fine. Forget football, he should have been in jail. It carries a maximum of a 10 yr. sentence and he got none. Raw deal?

Let's say for a minute we're in our stadium and a psu fan behind me is taunting me then accidentally brushes up against me in his drunkenness. Do I have the right to punch him in the face? I would like to know what the board thinks. I want to settle an argument I had with my wife that game, she said I couldn't, I said I was perfectly in my right to do so.

It's always OK to punch a Pedd State fan.

Say they're just walking by, BAM! - no blame.
You pass by a small family of Pedd State jersey wearing folks, wade in there and kick some asses - No worries.
Little kid wearing a PSU jersey and eating ice cream? As soon as the parents aren't watching, knock that cone into the dirt. 100% cool.
Grandma has a PSU blanket on her lap while sitting in her wheel chair? Push her down the stairs. High Five!
Blind man walking around with a PSU hat? Steal his service dog and replace it with a Badger. I'm buying you a beer.

Last edited:
It's always OK to punch a Pedd State fan.

Say they're just walking by, BAM! - no blame.
You pass by a small family of Pedd State jersey wearing folks, wade in there and kick some asses - No worries.
Little kid with a PSU jersey on eating ice cream? As soon as the parents aren't watching, knock that cone into the dirt. 100% cool.
Grandma has a PSU blanket on her lap while in her wheel chair? Push her down the stairs. High Five!
Blind man walking around with a PSU hat? Steal his service dog and replace it with a Badger. I'm guying you a beer.
Yes my post was in jest but some took it serious. Glad you didn’t

Well, let this be a lesson for all our fans. If you go to an away game, don’t sit next to the student section.

if the game is in WV or some place with equally ignorant folks, sit up higher so you don’t get piss bombed.

Not sure your classification of where ignorant folks live doesn't make you look ignorant yourself.

Last edited:
UNC has brought much of this on itself as a result of its "academic" scandal involving student-athletes most notably football and basketball players. The school outright cheated, for decades. Then when caught lawyered around an NCAA punishment citing their scandal as an academic one, not an athletic one. This fuels resentment. Wherever UNC fans go, this will follow them. And rightfully so. UNC got away with it? Well, yes, and no. Cheats and cowards. Nice combo. Eff them. LOL....
Lol . Those va tech kids were acting like asses because Roy Williams ran some fake classes ?? Interesting theory.

Lol . Those va tech kids were acting like asses because Roy Williams ran some fake classes ?? Interesting theory.

Who knows what a group of people that still wear Vick jerseys can possibly be thinking.

Who knows what a group of people that still wear Vick jerseys can possibly be thinking.
The Marcus vick jersey would be even better. Remember when he tried to break the Louisville player’s leg in the Gator bowl . Good times !

The Marcus vick jersey would be even better. Remember when he tried to break the Louisville player’s leg in the Gator bowl . Good times !
Such a nice family. Signing Vick was the first step to the Philly Eagles ending me being a fan.

Yes my post was in jest but some took it serious. Glad you didn’t
No offense Koleszar but we watched a video of a middle aged UNC fan charge into the student section of virginia Tech and punch a student. When you made your original comment I did take it seriously. People are fvcking nuts!

Reactions: koleszar
Raw deal? The guy was breeding and fighting dogs. It’s not like it was a one time thing. They found 50 dogs used for fighting and being the ring leader got 3 yrs. suspended sentence, seized the property and a $3,600 fine. Forget football, he should have been in jail. It carries a maximum of a 10 yr. sentence and he got none. Raw deal?
That's the Karl-Anthony Towns guy. Should probably just ignore him.

Reactions: koleszar
Not sure your classification of where ignorant folks live doesn't make you look ignorant yourself.
It’s not ignorant. It’s a well known fact WVU is not a good place for visiting fans. Not just for RU, for any school.

does that mean every fan is like that? No. However if you can’t acknowledge a simple truth that some stadiums are not good for visitors, you’re just being naive.

Reactions: Plum Street
It’s not ignorant. It’s a well known fact WVU is not a good place for visiting fans. Not just for RU, for any school.

does that mean every fan is like that? No. However if you can’t acknowledge a simple truth that some stadiums are not good for visitors, you’re just being naive.
Very true .

No, no, no, Its all on the UNC Dad. Lets say your correct the VT students were taunting him, throwing things, whatever. You're in their stadium and you always have the option of walking away. This guy goes charging into their section and got the beatdown he deserved. He is lucky the two sheriffs officers were there. LOL!
This is akin, to a fruit fan charging into our student section, You would be saying the fruity got what he deserved!
nonsense.. the concept of fighting words is real. and if there was assault (throwing things) that certainly applies.

kudos to the VT fans who just sought to control him.. the few haymakers I spied.. bad on you. they all knew this dad was provoked... that redhead he went after is very likely a total douche.

Can't defend this.....at OSU game in Columbus our first time playing there, some douche OSU fan called my daughter a "Rutgers Ho" right to her face with me 3 feet away. I wanted to beat the shit out of his scrawny ass, but even in my drunken state I didn't even say one word let alone attack the guy.
That's because you have a proper fear of lawyers. Record him, get a lawyer, report it to authorities, charge him with slander.. take his tuition money.

That's not what your post implied or meant. Keep digging that hole and try to dodge instead of apologize. Neither are good looks. I'll stay tuned.

Last edited:
Something similar happened to me once…

BC game 95 or 96. My GF and future wife were at the game. Section 124 was were I used to sit. Not a nice day out I recall.

She is a teacher and at the time also a cheerleading coach so we were checking their sideline routine out. Win/win for me, right? 😉

End of the aisle couple drunks (3 or 4, maybe more) were really starting to get out of hand…language, saying things to others, really loud.

Not my problem…or so I thought. While I assumed both of us were still checking out the cheerleaders an older gent confronts the drunks and it gets ugly. Real ugly. I was still looking at the routine and unbeknownst to me my wife gets involved. I only noticed when I turned to ask her what that move was the cheerleaders just did and realized she’s right in the middle of it yelling at the group who pushed the old guy down the stairs.

I run over to try and get her away and they turn on me. One of the guys has one of those long plastic horns you get at a parade as a kid. He has it raised so I grab it out of his hand and toss it a few rows down. Didn’t hit anyone because of the weather and a Terry Shea era crowd.

This apparently enraged all of them so they jump me and I turtle up as I take haymakers from the group. But they are so drunk or just don’t know how to throw a punch that none of them really hurt.

Finally some yellow jackets arrive to get them off of me. They got tossed.

We went to the old Rutgers Club after the game for dinner. While in the parking lot and still in our car I told her to NEVER DO THAT AGAIN.

Ended up being a nice dinner and good ride home.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
ADVERTISEMENT