ADVERTISEMENT

Once wimsatt is healthy

billhilf

Sophomore
Oct 19, 2007
Englishtown
You have to play him the rest of the year and not look back. We most likely aren’t going anywhere this year, so let’s just go all in with him. Give him the experience so that he is ready for next year with a likely improved team. The other guys simply don’t have it. You don’t want to risk him transferring and succeeding somewhere else.

Needed to play Gavin from the get go. Record would likely be the same, but I’m confident we would have been seeing week to week development with some very positive signs of what the future could bring. Now with such a lack of playing time it’ll be like we’re starting over fresh with him in 2023, with the same question marks and growing pains he should have gone through in 2022.

Greg’s excuse was he “wasn’t ready”. How will he suddenly be ready?

Dumbest post in rivals history. The kid is barely out of high school with a mentally challenged coaching staff
Sorry, the kid is an athletic talent, no doubt, he is not a FBS QB, he is either going to move position or transfer. Nothing I say will convince you, so keep believing because as a fan that is all you got, I am with you.

He is not an FBS level QB, the coaching staff knows it, the fans are desperate for a savior, sorry it just ain't gonna be that kid.

You can tell he obviously has as a ton of raw talent. He just needs to be properly developed. I’m confident Gavin can get there, I’m not confident in the coaches who are in charge of developing him.

Reactions: rurichdog
I've said this before and it bears repeating. I live in Houston. When you watch the local college teams (and not just the good ones), every week one or two teams have their starting QB get hurt and the backup comes in and throws for 350 yards and several touchdowns. Every week. I don't know why we can't find a QB, but it's criminal that Schiano doesn't go to every high school in Houston (Harris County, Texas) and just offer every kid to find the one who has always dreamed of living in New York.

Forget Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma and LSU. I'm talking about schools like Baylor, Texas Tech, TCU, Oklahoma State, Houston, SMU, Tulane, Louisiana Tech, and North Texas. All of these schools have two QBs on their roster better than any of our Rutgers QBs and some of them have three. Hell, all of the high schools in the Houston area throw the ball all over the place with QBs that frankly have more talent than the Rutgers QB room.

It's borderline ridiculous that we can't go down there and find one willing to start in the Big Ten.

You can tell he obviously has as a ton of raw talent. He just needs to be properly developed. I’m confident Gavin can get there, I’m not confident in the coaches who are in charge of developing him.
If he wants to get to the next level, which he can athletically he will need to switch positions at Rutgers or try his luck in the TP.

Sorry, the kid is an athletic talent, no doubt, he is not a FBS QB, he is either going to move position or transfer. Nothing I say will convince you, so keep believing because as a fan that is all you got, I am with you.

Nothing against the kid but at this point I’m inclined to agree. It’s one thing to not be ready for OSU but Wagner?

Reactions: RutgersNo1
I'm with the OP. I also don't think he's there, but at this point does it matter? Might as well find out what you've got and either get him ready for next year or know for sure he ain't it. We ain't winning squat this year regardless.

Reactions: Freddy Stubbs
And you know this how? The large sample of plays he’s run? Pretty silly
It is called practice, yes practice, he is not ready to compete at this level based on practice. And look what is actually put on the field and you quickly realize his future is at another position.

Last edited:
What is his injury? Vedral seems hurt and he plays. I think Wimsatts more likely a bust if he can’t get on the field with this QB competition. It’s crazy that over the last 20 years we’ve had maybe 2-3 with decent QB play.

I've said this before and it bears repeating. I live in Houston. When you watch the local college teams (and not just the good ones), every week one or two teams have their starting QB get hurt and the backup comes in and throws for 350 yards and several touchdowns. Every week. I don't know why we can't find a QB, but it's criminal that Schiano doesn't go to every high school in Houston (Harris County, Texas) and just offer every kid to find the one who has always dreamed of living in New York.

Forget Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma and LSU. I'm talking about schools like Baylor, Texas Tech, TCU, Oklahoma State, Houston, SMU, Tulane, Louisiana Tech, and North Texas. All of these schools have two QBs on their roster better than any of our Rutgers QBs and some of them have three. Hell, all of the high schools in the Houston area throw the ball all over the place with QBs that frankly have more talent than the Rutgers QB room.

It's borderline ridiculous that we can't go down there and find one willing to start in the Big Ten.
Don't worry Greg will get some 2 star QB from New Hampshire to commit who plays in a run heavy offense and struggles to complete 50% of his passes.

We may have to take this into our own hands. The first Crowd funded NIL offensive line and QB. What's that deli in south Jersey that was selling shares of stock for rediculous prices? We need that guy!

If he wants to get to the next level, which he can athletically he will need to switch positions at Rutgers or try his luck in the TP.
yup just like DC Jefferson who we beat out LSU for to make him a tight end. and that #1 QB from NJ who we made a tight end. Johnny Langan...TE. Maybe we landed Gavin ..the #7 QB and top 35 player to turn into another position player. Hell, we need yet another TE, right?

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: rurichdog

I've always said B12 country and then Cali are 2 places to find qbs. Max Duggan looking good to date after being dropped to QB2 at the start of the season.

Wimsatt needs to redshirt if he wants a chance at becoming a legit starter. I never understood why they rushed him notwithstanding lack of other QB talent on the roster.

Wimsatt needs to redshirt if he wants a chance at becoming a legit starter. I never understood why they rushed him notwithstanding lack of other QB talent on the roster.

You know he already used his redshirt last year.
That's why he didn't play in the Maryland game.

The hope was we win without him and then use the bowl game as his 4th "free game".
We lost without him but luckily we got a bowl game anyway to use as his 4th game.

You know he already used his redshirt last year.
That's why he didn't play in the Maryland game.

The hope was we win without him and then use the bowl game as his 4th "free game".
We lost without him but luckily we got a bowl game anyway to use as his 4th game.
In that case I was misinformed. Didn’t realize he redshirted.

Reactions: NickRU714

Rutgers football needs you and your suggestion. You are hired.
We may have to take this into our own hands. The first Crowd funded NIL offensive line and QB. What's that deli in south Jersey that was selling shares of stock for rediculous prices? We need that guy!
We needed him before he got caught.

Noah Verdral played really really well in the first half. Its very clear that had he been healthy this offense would have at least been average. And average would look incredible right now .

But since Noah is struggling to get healthy and he's graduating at end of this season. That means you gotta give this program preperation for the future. And Simon ain't it. Gavin is it. Let Gavin make the same mistakes or worse than Simon is making and let the team play through it. The hope is that at least you get glimmers of the kids talent and people start to see there's a path ahead once he reduces mistakes.

Noah Verdral played really really well in the first half. Its very clear that had he been healthy this offense would have at least been average. And average would look incredible right now .

But since Noah is struggling to get healthy and he's graduating at end of this season. That means you gotta give this program preperation for the future. And Simon ain't it. Gavin is it. Let Gavin make the same mistakes or worse than Simon is making and let the team play through it. The hope is that at least you get glimmers of the kids talent and people start to see there's a path ahead once he reduces mistakes.

I agree with what you said except that we don’t know Gavin is “it” yet. That’s what we are hoping. We should not hand him the ball for Indiana. Not yet. We would’ve won yesterday if we allowed Noah to play hurt the whole game. We would’ve had a better chance letting him run the last drive even with a limited arm. There was still a minute on the clock and we only needed a damn FG. If Noah heals up over the next 2 weeks there’s still a chance he can win 3 more games for us. Wimsatt cannot especially not now that he’ll be nursing a lower body injury and his legs are his strength.

Reactions: ScarletDave

I have been saying for years Rutgers should recruit all the large cities. Chicago, Houston etc

The losing has made some people here loopy. Wimsatt is extremely raw, but he’s flashed more talent than any qb in the past decade. My only issue with wimsatt is his team pushing to enroll early. Just an unnecessary move.

Reactions: Rokodesh

I agree but unfortunately Gavin is injured. Thus the current situation.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
Obviously you're a big fan - he redshirted last year.

ADVERTISEMENT