ADVERTISEMENT

One Bad Thing about College Basketball

MadRU

Hall of Famer
Jul 26, 2001
No rainouts.

Although we did have a sit-in that cancelled a game.

Yes, and we were leading that Massachusetts game by 1 point at halftime. There was an earlier game with a sit in vs. Pittburgh at the College Ave. gym. That U. Mass game was a shame as we led and Massachusetts was in the top 5 in the country. Camby was sitting it out with an injury. The game was continued about 2 weeks later at the Spectrum in Philly and the A-10 let Camby play the second half. There were only a few hundred people at the spectrum for the completion of the game. I It was a weekday game and I think it started at about 4 or 5PM. I was one of the few RU fans there as RU had a bus go down and I signed up for it. I felt the game should have been completed at RU and Camby should not have been allowed to play but I guess the A-10 wanted to make it difficult for us.

Reactions: Scarlet Shack
That sit in was absurd. Should have never been allowed. I went to Philly also. Free to watch but had to pay for parking LOL.

I think as disgruntled ticket holders we should hold a sit in on Sunday.
This post was edited on 2/20 9:10 AM by RocktheRac

Reactions: bac2therac
Won't happen. All the season-ticket holders sold their tickets to Indiana fans for hundreds of dollars.

not only was the sit in a sham but so was having to finish the game at the Spectrum the day before the A10 tourney started. Game should have been finished at the RAC and with no Camby. Or just do the game over, starting from the half was a mistake if you are moving the venue and allow Camby to play. The dopes were the 400 or so of us who went to watch the completion of the game. UMass took the lead in the opening minutes and that was it

Originally posted by bac2therac:
not only was the sit in a sham but so was having to finish the game at the Spectrum the day before the A10 tourney started. Game should have been finished at the RAC and with no Camby. Or just do the game over, starting from the half was a mistake if you are moving the venue and allow Camby to play. The dopes were the 400 or so of us who went to watch the completion of the game. UMass took the lead in the opening minutes and that was it
Why should UMASS be asked to travel twice and pay for it?

2 options
1. do what they did
2. RU forfeits game

I was at the home portion of the game with my then 10 year old daughter.

I was disappointed with the game not being finished because it looked like we had a real shot at a big upset

My daughter got an education that night in social unrest and protest. Of course I had seen this before, having spent the late
60’s at the Rutgers Newark campus when sit ins were fairly regular

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT