ADVERTISEMENT

"One team and all the rest"

RUich

Heisman Winner
Aug 2, 2001
Comment by an ESPN guy yesterday.
But, there is some truth to it and we now have what appears to be a much easier schedule ahead of us. Illinois and Michigan look very winnable if we play like we are capable of doing.
Anybody here think PSU would still be looking for their first win? Maryland may well be the toughest team left for us,

I would rank our five remaining opponents like this:

1. Maryland
2. Purdue
3. Michigan
4.Penn State
5.Illinois

I think Maryland may be playing the best.
BUT
PSU will be the hardest victory to get. Hard to get that first W in B1G vs them.

If you said Rutgers is going to start 1-2 but the win will be against MSU and the losses will be to 2 top 10 teams at this point no one would have an issue with it. Schiano has a task ahead though because now a lot of fans are expecting wins over the next 5 games. I have expectations too but let’s not get carried away. This roster is still limited.

Of course some teams get better and get things squared away. Let’s hope it is us.

Lets get Illinois . Pick off Michigan or psu.
Then you’re playing with house money against a good and better than expected Maryland team .
But it all starts with Illinois .

I don't understand the "this year is practice."

If you say this is a foundation or groundwork year for the program, ok.
Could you please clarify what you intended to say.
Anyone with any expectations for the first few years, they are damaging the program, and they should be quiet. If we win, great. If we don’t, it’s practice. Why, because it’s foolish to demand otherwise. Just let them do their jobs, support the team and enjoy it!

ESPN is heavily invested in the SEC and ACC. They know they have trouble with the ACC now that Clemson has lost. But this year, with nary an important OOC game.. they can say anything they want about the relative merits of the conferences. It's very similar to another recent contest where the media could say anything they wanted.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT