ADVERTISEMENT

One Thread For the Anti Pike ( Geo, MM, PM/ Bashers

RURahh

All Conference
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2013
This message board is unreadable....Never saw so many dentists, real estate agents and retirees, become college level coaches.

Would be far easier to keep your Pike critiques in this one thread versus hijacking each thread out there. Please feel free to start before Tuesday, since the team I saw Friday night is on its way back to a Top 25 team.

I will make it easy for you to start since these are the same posts I read in every thread.

A) Pike can't coach offense, and the book is out on him after 15 years of coaching

B) Mulcahy needs to give his minutes to some incoming freshman phenom who has yet to play a minute of college basketball

C) Geo is clearly still hurt. Rest him and hope he can be strong enough to help us make a run-in the NIT.

D) Montez has no business shooting anywhere beyond floaters and needs to be pulled when he goes 0-3 from beyond.

E) team should pack it in this year and just see what the freshman can do.

Ok. Discuss

This message board is unreadable....Never saw so many dentists, real estate agents and retirees, become college level coaches.

Would be far easier to keep your Pike critiques in this one thread versus hijacking each thread out there. Please feel free to start before Tuesday, since the team I saw Friday night is on its way back to a Top 25 team.

I will make it easy for you to start since these are the same posts I read in every thread.

A) Pike can't coach offense, and the book is out on him after 15 years of coaching

B) Mulcahy needs to give his minutes to some incoming freshman phenom who has yet to play a minute of college basketball

C) Geo is clearly still hurt. Rest him and hope he can be strong enough to help us make a run-in the NIT.

D) Montez has no business shooting anywhere beyond floaters and needs to be pulled when he goes 0-3 from beyond.

Ok. Discuss
[QUOTE="RURahh, post: 4906549, member: 5338"

You know you actually need to win games to head back to the top 25, right ?

If the team is going to go through a rough 6 game stretch, glad it was now & not at the end of the season. Still time to get healthy and right the ship.

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
Agree totally with OP.

Now that all the experts have picked over the carcasses of the players and coaches all the way down to the #4 assistant, who’s next? Most certainly Dave Van Dyke (S&C) is responsible for the injuries, and Rich Campbell (Trainer) has not healed them fast enough. How about Shoes, the Dir Bball Ops, the academic advisor, the compliance officer? The ticket manager gets a pass for obvious reasons.

I’m not there yet, because I want success so badly for everyone involved...players, coaches, fans, etc...but half hoping Pikes walks to a better job, which he can get. Then we can watch as RU rolls the dice on another hire and descends back to the days of 8 clowns in a Volkswagen.

Reactions: goru7 and KevH
Agree totally with OP.

Now that all the experts have picked over the carcasses of the players and coaches all the way down to the #4 assistant, who’s next? Most certainly Dave Van Dyke (S&C) is responsible for the injuries, and Rich Campbell (Trainer) has not healed them fast enough. How about Shoes, the Dir Bball Ops, the academic advisor, the compliance officer? The ticket manager gets a pass for obvious reasons.

I’m not there yet, because I want success so badly for everyone involved...players, coaches, fans, etc...but half hoping Pikes walks to a better job, which he can get. Then we can watch as RU rolls the dice on another hire and descends back to the days of 8 clowns in a Volkswagen.

I get it , pike is gonna get a pass for this year . The talk of firing him is ridiculous. But you must admit this season has been an epic disappointment . There are still games to be played and time to make us proud instead of what they’re doing . I am hopeful

Reactions: blueoyster
I barely see a single post about the injuries that were sustained. RHJ does not go from a likely NBA draft pick to what he is the last 3 games, he was obviously hurt more than we will know. Same with Geo, he has been a shell of his former self, and in a program with great player development, that seems unusual

The 2 things I am focused on are.

A) Caleb looks to be getting comfortable and as a very good foul shooter, rebounder and defender, it allows Pike to really focus on defense and transition

B) If Myles can play aggressive, he is a Top 4 Big Man . I have said from Day 1, this team will go as far as Myles can carry them given that our guards and wings can match up with most any team in the country.

We should win convincingly over Ped St and the game could not come at a better time. Fighting back from this bad stretch will make RU better in the long run and I do believe our best basketball is ahead of us !!!

Reactions: phlop87
I agree. I don’t come here much because of that. When we win many are positive happy posters. When we lose many others are Ricardo Cabezas.

Ok. Discuss
Retirees ? Dentists? Real Estate ? There are probably 15 other categories you should add on this board. It has unfortunately been a Rutgers trait for 45-50 years. Students are some of the worst abusers of our players. If you put a good product out ( in any Rutgers sport) the praise and accolades will always outnumber the call outs of the coach and players. You need a little grit and toughness . Not all criticism is warranted for sure but when you play as we have recently then you better suck it up . These players and team understand it goes with the territory.

I barely see a single post about the injuries that were sustained. RHJ does not go from a likely NBA draft pick to what he is the last 3 games, he was obviously hurt more than we will know. Same with Geo, he has been a shell of his former self, and in a program with great player development, that seems unusual

The 2 things I am focused on are.

A) Caleb looks to be getting comfortable and as a very good foul shooter, rebounder and defender, it allows Pike to really focus on defense and transition

B) If Myles can play aggressive, he is a Top 4 Big Man . I have said from Day 1, this team will go as far as Myles can carry them given that our guards and wings can match up with most any team in the country.

We should win convincingly over Ped St and the game could not come at a better time. Fighting back from this bad stretch will make RU better in the long run and I do believe our best basketball is ahead of us !!!
Injuries are part of the game in any sport. The key is overcoming adversity such as what happened these past 4-5 weeks. For some reason we always seem to fall short in doing just that. The next man up call did not take place for whatever reason. Remember we still
could have won several of those games.

There's always a nit. And people in this forum seem to really enjoy picking it.
Well, not always. If the NCAA plans to hold the NIT they are either doing a really good job of not talking about it or I am just completely missing the reporting on it.

Well, not always. If the NCAA plans to hold the NIT they are either doing a really good job of not talking about it or I am just completely missing the reporting on it.
Coulda sworn I heard somewhere they are not having one this year

And for those who were prognosticating playing in packed venues... I see the Olympics in Japan are cancelled this summer. That is sad since I would love to have seen some major competition. Sure that Japan would have put on a great show of athletics .

And for those who were prognosticating playing in packed venues... I see the Olympics in Japan are cancelled this summer. That is sad since I would love to have seen some major competition. Sure that Japan would have put on a great show of athletics .
I don’t think olympics are cancelled yet ??

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
Heard this last night... Japan will re apply for the next opportunity in 2032. They spent a great deal of money and time. Next opportunity to witness summer Olympics... France is next.

Olympics update—

Rutgers Basketball
2020 NCAA Basketball Tournament
Well then we had some pretty inaccurate news coverage. Thought it odd after they recently said they were on. IOC and Japan keep vacillating on whether or not. Fake news ....seems we are still stuck with vendetta’s and media mis information.

Heard this last night... Japan will re apply for the next opportunity in 2032. They spent a great deal of money and time. Next opportunity to witness summer Olympics... France is next.

Wll that sucks. i was really looking forward to watching.

ADVERTISEMENT