ADVERTISEMENT

Only two B1G players in 2020 WNBA draft

RC66

Senior
Jun 9, 2009
There seemed to be a lot of parity in B1G WBB this past year.

But only two B1G players found their way into 3 rounds of 12 players drafted yesterday.

None in the first round. Kathleen Doyle of Iowa 2nd in the second round. Kaila Charles of Maryland 11th in the third round.

So, either the B1G was light on franchise-level talent this past year, OR it was just young in its talent this year.

I think the latter.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, I refreshed my memory and checked and found the B1G only had two draftees last year also: Megan and Kenisha.

What does this say about B1G-style WBB?

(Especially since, for example, in Creme's last bracketolgy for 2020 before the season halt, the B1G led all conferences with teams expected to dance, at 8. But, again, only 2 draftees from the league.)

Last edited:
It says some mixed things. Vivian and Brenda certainly develop WNBA talent consistently, Rutgers just hasn't had the players lately. Sorry, I know a lot of folks refused to accept when CVS told them that for a period of time, but a look at WNBA rosters tells the tale. Things are looking up in that regard, I think.

The rest of the league is sporadic. Certainly Doyle wasn't a first round talent and may not even stick. Who really around the league was dominant in the way players in other conferences were. Who around the B1G were up for national awards? How "big" (no pun intended) are the names on the all B1G teams?

Those are the questions.

A friend of mine's daughter was selected in the draft this past Friday.

ADVERTISEMENT