ADVERTISEMENT

Only way to compete against Michigan

mugrat86

All American
Gold Member
Dec 11, 2014
1. Start Jalen Miller and sit PM-heard his injury is really negatively effecting his game. At least Jalen can play against Michigan’s quick guards

2. Palmquist’s defense is so bad, doesn’t rebound in least bit and does nothing offensively besides occasionally shoot 3’s. Don’t play him at all.

3. Pike has to tell Hyatt to become focal point of offense. He can get to the hoop and hopefully he can hit a decent percentage of 3’s

4. Let cliff concentrate on offensive glass and forget throwing the ball inside to him

1. Start Jalen Miller and sit PM-heard his injury is really negatively effecting his game. At least Jalen can play against Michigan’s quick guards

2. Palmquist’s defense is so bad, doesn’t rebound in least bit and does nothing offensively besides occasionally shoot 3’s. Don’t play him at all.

3. Pike has to tell Hyatt to become focal point of offense. He can get to the hoop and hopefully he can hit a decent percentage of 3’s

4. Let cliff concentrate on offensive glass and forget throwing the ball inside to him
I was expecting to say have our players kick their starters really really hard in the shins. Your suggestions are much less likely to have any impact.

Jalen provides nothing on offense. We need that. Pike has been telling Paul to shoot more and be aggressive. How’s that worked out? If it was that easy, then telling everybody to do better should do the trick.

We need more offense. Holding teams to under 70 or 60 isn’t the problem. We can’t manage to score 1 more point than them is.

Why not get the 4 strongest guys and Aiden Terry as the starting 5. Each possession just lift him up and let him do his thing
Or have Aiden on Cliffs shoulders, just get a giant jersey to hide Cliff. Tell everyone he went through a growth spurt this week.

Reactions: Scarlet Jerry
Also if Cliff rests on offense he could play whole game. Cannot afford to come out at all. Also tell Simpson to never try a 3

Re 1 sure seems like it. Was your source reliable

No better way to jumpstart an anemic offense than by adding a guy that legitimately cannot score to the starting lineup 👍🏻
What could go wrong. And ask a guy the is wholly inconsistent to take over.

I thought the OP was just carrying on his handle -- Mugrat (which, for folks that either didn't go to Rutgers or don't know, is "Targum" spelled backwards - the Targum was famous for one April Fool's edition each year).

Reactions: goru7
What could go wrong. And ask a guy the is wholly inconsistent to take over.
Listen it’s not a great option but Michigan smoked us at home and didn’t really play their A game. We need to find a better way. At least Miller and Simpson could hopefully lock down guards defensively

Reactions: bethlehemfan
I was expecting to say have our players kick their starters really really hard in the shins. Your suggestions are much less likely to have any impact.

Jalen provides nothing on offense. We need that. Pike has been telling Paul to shoot more and be aggressive. How’s that worked out? If it was that easy, then telling everybody to do better should do the trick.

We need more offense. Holding teams to under 70 or 60 isn’t the problem. We can’t manage to score 1 more point than them is.
Problem is Paul’s defense against quick guards is killing us. As I mentioned, not a great option, but what do you suggest

Listen it’s not a great option but Michigan smoked us at home and didn’t really play their A game. We need to find a better way. At least Miller and Simpson could hopefully lock down guards defensively
I just hope we play loose and make some shots. 2-17ish again and we will lose.

• Love
Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
Miller's "defense" has been sorely overrated on these boards. He provides energy and occasionally makes a good defensive play, but he makes mental errors on defense that lead to points. See two straight threes scored by his man in the Nebraska game.

You really CAN'T play Miller for anything more than a couple minutes each half as a defensive sub. He provides NOTHING on offense, which is saying a lot on an offensively challenged team.

You forgot the fact unless Cam is hot and makes 3s we can’t win .

I think I’d rather have Hyatt brick 3s bc he also bricks a lot of 2s inside bc he has no touch around the rim😂

Is if their plane goes down on the way to Chicago.

If we are going to try an go through those lengths....

Get Geo in Simpson's uniform
Bleach Gavin's hair, straighten it out and get him contacts and don't call him Gavin
This is the kind of thread I was expecting from the title.
It makes much more sense.

How about sending all the Michigan players some late-night Pizza and undercooked wings?
It's Chicago, so the pizza is awful, they'll eat the wings so fast they won't even look at them

We held them to 58 and still lost by double digits. Putting a lineup out that is less capable of scoring doesn’t seem like what we need here.

I would absolutely start Simpson over Mulachey, & just pray that he doesn't play too out of control. He is the only guy who can make things happen. Mulcahey needs to primarily sit. Bringing absolutely nothing to the party.

Reactions: biker7766
Think of this as a one game season. Don’t save anything for Friday.

Start two point guards (Derick and Paul) bring Hyatt off bench where he’s been most comfortable.

First sub when needed is Hyatt.

Squeeze every minute out of cliff possible using time outs, stoppages, etc.

Never have a lineup that doesn’t have one of Hyatt or cam out there. Need someone who can hit a three.

instruct cam and Hyatt (to lessor degree)- launch when open- screw the extra pass.

Instruct Cam that he has to shoot at least 15 times this game. Enough with some of his ball fakes and drives into trees in lane - just launch it

Run run run when we can.

That’s all I got, we have who we have.

Reactions: new jersey1
That’s what I said

F for cheating
Sorry I was skimming and missed yours.

How about - suit up Cam's brother and convince the refs that Cam spontaneously split on the court so we should be allowed to have both of them play but only count as one player? (Cam's brother was at the game last night).

Sorry I was skimming and missed yours.

How about - suit up Cam's brother and convince the refs that Cam spontaneously split on the court so we should be allowed to have both of them play but only count as one player? (Cam's brother was at the game last night).
Might work in the Sun Belt.

• Haha
Reactions: MiloTalon13
Never more happy to be wrong. :WooHoo:
Bufkin was 3 for 8 from the field...with SEVEN turnovers. The entire Rutgers team had nine for the game.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT