ADVERTISEMENT

Open Post to Dylan Harper

RutgersMO

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2001
Rutgers & NJ @ Heart
You are being pursued by virtually every blue blood program in the nation ...but they all bleed Scarlet. They may offer you a connection to their storied past.....RU offers you a unique opportunity to Build the future.

Rutgers offers something the others can't: HOME!

Rutgers offers you (and RHJ) a chance to establish the Harper legacy that will forever change the perception of NJ & our beloved alma mater.

Hoping you and your family feel the same way and see and seize the opportunity that lies in front of you.

WE WANT DYLAN HARPER!!!

MO

You are being pursued by virtually every blue blood program in the nation ...but they all bleed Scarlet. They may offer you a connection to their storied past.....RU offers you a unique opportunity to Build the future.

Rutgers offers you (and RHJ) a chance to establish the Harper legacy that will forever change the perception of NJ & our beloved alma mater.

Hoping you and your family feel the same way and see and seize the opportunity that lies in front of you.

WE WANT DYLAN HARPER!!!

MO

Great post

WE WANT DYLAN HARPER!!!

MO
Even if Dylan comes here , this won’t be his alma matter . At least I hope not .

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Technically, many definitions of Alma mater just say you had to attend, not graduate.

Besides, Dylan could always get his degree in the future even if he goes to the NBA with eligibility remaining.
You’re right . But if he’s as good as they say he comes here for a year or 2 and onto the NBA for a long career . If he wants to get his degree then , more power to him . Would be better for school if he is a great NBA player for a long time rather than getting his degree . Degree is worthless but the PR and buying power is priceless. Let us hope for that

Even if Dylan comes here , this won’t be his alma matter . At least I hope not .
Other than your malaprop "matter" for "mater" .... what's your point? Why would you hope Rutgers is NOT his alma mater unless you're not a Rutgers fan?

Even if Dylan is one and done or two and see you....he will have helped Rutgers immensely, by just selecting his home school, and also attracting a whole other level of recruit.

MO
WE WANT DYLAN HARPER!!!

Reactions: RUinPAC10land
Other than your malaprop "matter" for "mater" .... what's your point? Why would you hope Rutgers is NOT his alma mater unless you're not a Rutgers fan?

Even if Dylan is one and done or two and see you....he will have helped Rutgers immensely, by just selecting his home school, and also attracting a whole other level of recruit.

MO
WE WANT DYLAN HARPER!!!
Would want him to be great , lead us to a national title and go pro. What he does in the classroom years later don’t mean crap .
Look at Jacob young . He’s a rutgers man and Proud rutgers Graduate and he’s still getting roasted by fans .

WE WANT DYLAN HARPER!!!

MO

Maybe RutgersAl can help you make a video.

Plum was just trying to say Dylan dominates and goes pro, no need for the in fighting in this thread. Let's keep this pro Dylan and positive
I'm not sure if this has ever been mentioned. But remember Ron missed a potential game-tying 3 as time expired against Houston. He then went on Twitter with a very classy tweet (maybe also trying to calm down any potential crazy angry tweets/outreach from the miss) - but in reality Rutgers fans aren't insane (or hopefully not many of us) so it wasn't necessary. Maybe not the biggest deal but hopefully the love/non-hate for RHJ can't hurt our chances here.

You’re right . But if he’s as good as they say he comes here for a year or 2 and onto the NBA for a long career . If he wants to get his degree then , more power to him . Would be better for school if he is a great NBA player for a long time rather than getting his degree . Degree is worthless but the PR and buying power is priceless. Let us hope for that
Pretty sure you could've found a much better way to say this. The degree is not "worthless," especially if he doesn't dominate and go pro or gets injured and never goes pro. Sure, if he comes in, dominates, leaves after 1-2 years and becomes an NBA All Star "from Rutgers" we'll still get all the credit as being his college, but that's not the only scenario.

Pretty sure you could've found a much better way to say this. The degree is not "worthless," especially if he doesn't dominate and go pro or gets injured and never goes pro. Sure, if he comes in, dominates, leaves after 1-2 years and becomes an NBA All Star "from Rutgers" we'll still get all the credit as being his college, but that's not the only scenario.
My scenario was explaining if he became a pro after 1 or 2 years , then become an NBA star for years , and then come finish his degree . In that situation the degree is pretty much “worthless”, but that he played basketball here and went to the NBA is more important.
No one cared or wanted to care about Eddie Jordan’s graduation status.

You can apply Dylan's "the times they are a changin" to human inequities, hierarchies, pecking orders, privileged expectations....

Don't criticize what you don't understand

MO
RUTGERS: WE WANT DYLAN HARPER!

I think Al might have said the same thing about the “Jersey Power” video!

I don’t know what to tell you. Something about the post made me cringe. 😊🕺

What goes through the ones mind, when creating these weirdo threads? You know he's like a 15-16 yr old kid right?
What goes through people’s minds when they think a thread is weird but they still go in it and then comment in it?
You know you could have declined in either of those choices?

I believe the young man is visiting down at IU this weekend. Any word where he will be taking his other visits and has he set an announcement date?? I guess he still has plenty of time.

Last edited:
I think Al might have said the same thing about the “Jersey Power” video!

I don’t know what to tell you. Something about the post made me cringe. 😊🕺
Al wrote Jersey Power and starred in the video...and we got Savon!!

I'm using the power of the digital age ...an influencer - cringeworthy or not.

WE WANT... DYLAN Harper !!!

MO

ADVERTISEMENT