ADVERTISEMENT

Opening bracket from Andy Katz

This is a message board so this stuff has a place and I suppose it is fun to speculate about who will be where.

With that being said with the changing dynamics of the game, including the transfer portal it is almost impossible to know what so many of these teams will be. I think I, along with many others here, are true experts on Rutgers basketball. Most of us know more about Rutgers basketball than talking heads like Andy Katz. As a self proclaimed expert of Rutgers basketball I don't have a clue of what we will be this year.

I've watched college basketball long enough to know experience means a helluva lot... particularly talented upperclassmen who have played together for a while. The fact we have Baker, Harper, Mulcahy, and McConnell returning is all I need to know that RU will be a force to be reckoned with in the B1G in 2021-2022.

Last edited:
I've watched college basketball long enough to know experience means a helluva lot... particularly talented upperclassmen who have played together for a while. The fact we have Baker, Harper, Mulcahy, and McConnell returning is all I need to know that RU will be a force to be reckoned with in the B1G in 2021-2022.

Yup....and exactly. Thrown in some up and coming Sophs in Aundre and cliff And a guy who I can’t wait to see...Jaden Jones, ...I haven’t been this high on a Rutgers basketball team since 1978-79......

The only pre-season bracket that I will take seriously. Andy Katz knows much more about Rutgers than any of the other sportswriters putting out brackets.
Remember, initially for this season he had Rutgers no where near an NCAA team, until Ron & Geo decided to stay.
A healthy Ron & Geo will more than compensate for the losses of JY & Myles, not to mention a much improved Cliff & immediate impact transfer Hyatt.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing how Mag, Dean, and Oskar play, too, as well as Jaden and Jalen! Lots to look forward to with Aundre and Ralph added to the mix of our veterans!

Our coach is saying this is his best team. That says a lot. I’m excited to see how that translates in the league and in the tournament. Go RU!

Reactions: Loyal-Son
ADVERTISEMENT