ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling OPINION: Suriano - Fix WAS bad for the sport of wrestling

They had a bunch of flyers promoting the match on college ave... can u imagine being a new fan and suriano/fix being ur first match.... will u be coming back??

On a side note, a match of this magnitude should have been the final match/main event....kinda like how Dake/Taylor got the final match at their all star meet/ncaa finals..

They had a bunch of flyers promoting the match on college ave... can u imagine being a new fan and suriano/fix being ur first match.... will u be coming back??

On a side note, a match of this magnitude should have been the final match/main event....kinda like how Dake/Taylor got the final match at their all star meet/ncaa finals..

John Smith refused to alter the order of the dual. His first words at weigh ins were “we are starting this match at 125, got it?”

What if coach Goodale said no, we aren’t? Do they flip a coin? Draw straws?

Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but the last I knew of the rule, if one of the two coaches wants to draw a random starting weight, they must.

Now, that doesn’t guarantee where the match will start. 133 could have been drawn to kick things off.

Scoring was not the issue. If anybody watched the legendary 35 minute Flo matchup in high school 3-1, there was a ton of action. Extremely exciting with deep shots and insane defense. No need to even consider stalling. Even Suriano tossing his headgear off during OT just added to the environment.

By the third period last week double stall should have been called. Overall the action or lack there off was disappointing.

Reactions: Lex Knapp
Give them ninety seconds to look at the tape, then hit them on the shoulder with the towel or hit the buzzer. They understand what that means. No decision yet? Then the call stands. $$$$

Reactions: Jersey Boys
Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but the last I knew of the rule, if one of the two coaches wants to draw a random starting weight, they must.

Now, that doesn’t guarantee where the match will start. 133 could have been drawn to kick things off.

Here you go....
Section 8. Determining Wrestling Order — Dual Meets
Art. 1. Protocol. Immediately after the weigh-in for a dual meet or multiple dual
meets conducted on the same day, coaches may mutually agree to determine the
starting weight class for the match(es). If coaches cannot agree on the starting
weight class, a random draw shall be conducted to determine which weight
class will be wrestled first. Once the first weight class is established, either by
agreement or random draw, subsequent matches will continue in the traditional
sequence of increasing weight class order.

Reactions: Lex Knapp
Here you go....
Section 8. Determining Wrestling Order — Dual Meets
Art. 1. Protocol. Immediately after the weigh-in for a dual meet or multiple dual
meets conducted on the same day, coaches may mutually agree to determine the
starting weight class for the match(es). If coaches cannot agree on the starting
weight class, a random draw shall be conducted to determine which weight
class will be wrestled first. Once the first weight class is established, either by
agreement or random draw, subsequent matches will continue in the traditional
sequence of increasing weight class order.
I appreciate this!!

Reactions: ScarletGrapfan
ADVERTISEMENT