ADVERTISEMENT

Olympic Sports OPINION: Why Carlo Aquista could be perfect for the job

Hiring is simple ...

Can he coach?
Can he recruit?
Can he get players to the next level?

HE wasn't in final 2 though. I think recruiting is the most important thing in soccer. Everyone wanted head coaching experience, I thought that was not a top priority. That's why he or Miller would have been my top 2.

HE wasn't in final 2 though. I think recruiting is the most important thing in soccer. Everyone wanted head coaching experience, I thought that was not a top priority. That's why he or Miller would have been my top 2.

What is this based on?

Yeah that Red Bull “unique pressing style” It was, yet again, and absolute failure in the playoffs.

Yeah that Red Bull “unique pressing style” It was, yet again, and absolute failure in the playoffs.

That pressing style is highly effective at the college level. Maryland has followed this style pretty effectively.

At the pro level, that pressing style has won the regular season league title twice and advanced to the semifinals of the Champions League. So not sure that logic holds.

That pressing style is highly effective at the college level. Maryland has followed this style pretty effectively.

At the pro level, that pressing style has won the regular season league title twice and advanced to the semifinals of the Champions League. So not sure that logic holds.
You hearing anything new on the RU search?

Reactions: Leonard23
I guess you didn't watch the game. Armas decided to NOT play that style in game 1 in Atlanta, and to bunker and counter instead. Terrible coaching decision. Armas was pitifully out-coached in the ATL series.

Don’t see a championship trophy and they got humiliated in the playoffs this year.

Didn’t say I would be against the hiring Aquista , by the way, just pointing out that to their fans they were a big disappointment once again.

I guess you didn't watch the game. Armas decided to NOT play that style in game 1 in Atlanta, and to bunker and counter instead. Terrible coaching decision. Armas was pitifully out-coached in the ATL series.

Actually I did watch the game, thanks, embarrassing!!

Don’t see a championship trophy and they got humiliated in the playoffs this year.

Didn’t say I would be against the hiring Aquista , by the way, just pointing out that to their fans they were a big disappointment once again.

Not sure that losing to the team that had the second most points in MLS history and the highest payroll ever is a "big disappointment." A letdown for sure but I don't think RBNY is built for the postseason.

Point remains that the press can be effective at this level.

But, RU isn't going this direction.

Don’t see a championship and they got humiliated this year. Style may be “great” But as a fan it’s time to win the title and not get embarrassed during the playoffs
Not sure that losing to the team that had the second most points in MLS history and the highest payroll ever is a "big disappointment." A letdown for sure but I don't think RBNY is built for the postseason.

Point remains that the press can be effective at this level.

But, RU isn't going this direction.

That seems to be the word ...and we’re American, we LOVE the post -season lol!

ADVERTISEMENT