ADVERTISEMENT

Oscar tweet from Nick Brooks

I keep reminding myself that Mag and Palmquist are legitimate bodies and don't have to step into a huge void from Day 1....BUT Oskar in particular was one recruiting target that hit the scene and I thought maybe we didn't have a shot to land him.

Once you see the tape and range, the skill sets translate to this level. There is a void for Yeboah and his production (specifically from 3) but I think the staff really believes in both frosh. My guess is it won't be smooth sailing from Game 1, but combined with the ability to exceed Yeboahs productivity over a long season.

As posted above, the only thing we lose this year (and don't replace with Cliff) is Yeboah's 3-point shooting. If we get that from Oskar, we're looking really good. Did I just allow myself to think that?

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Kid looks like he can shoot. Which is the one thing we’ve been missing for a decade.

This is just a generalization, but I notice foreign players shoot free throws well and are very good passers.

I hope Nick knows what he’s talking about. It would be great to get a new shooter on the floor next year.

Looks to be a good fit. I like his BB IQ and he doesn't seem shy about going to the rim. Of course it might be different when he tries to take it in against guys his own size. Also, we don't see much defense on these highlights. I take the 3 point shooting with a grain of salt because he was unguarded on almost all of them that I saw.

I love the video – – happy to have someone who shoots 100%.

ADVERTISEMENT