ADVERTISEMENT

Oskar awarded some time

The guy with the Palmquist jersey on the scoreboard is his Dad. Spoke with him after game. His dad said how lucky he was to be here tonight in his Swedish accent
The way Oskar played tonight, his family needs to attend every game. Hope they will be at the Michigan State game. I see Oskar as a catch and shoot option in a rotation with Cam and Hyatt.

Last night was the tape he will role when searching for a transfer. Good guy, not playing here, but can play somewhere and has the opportunity to star one level down.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Oscar was terrific tonight. Very happy for him. But he’s not getting 4-6 minutes a game because he has trouble guarding another teams 3 or 4. Tonight he played the 5 so it was a little better, but he still struggled defensively.
He played well on the offensive end and was not shy about taking shots. I thought his first three was the most impressive since it was a pull up in transition. Perhaps his parent spurred confidence in his shot. Has a nice form but for whatever reason they just have not fallen in limited game opportunities.

Having said that, he looked lost at time on the defensive end did not seem in sync with the rest of the team on rotations. Also had a couple of TO's. I would not expect him to get regular minutes when Woof comes back and certainly not against a grinding team like MSU. Too much of a defensive liability.

The guy with the Palmquist jersey on the scoreboard is his Dad. Spoke with him after game. His dad said how lucky he was to be here tonight in his Swedish accent
I met Oskar’s parents and sister at a game last year, very nice family. I don’t think Oskar played in that game, but he was honored at half time with men and women from various sports for what I recall was a pretty impressive academic accomplishment - his family was very proud of him and I am too. A real student athlete. Go RU!

Last edited:
They should be upset with Dean's D and rebounding because its non existent.
For portions of this game rebounding was poor allowing Minnesots far too many additional offensive possessions.It didn't happen just when Dean was on the court.

There were many long rebounds that contributed to Minnesota getting too many O rebounds.
Yes, with Cliff on the bench teams will get more O rebounds near the basket. Reiber and Palmquist are not going to dominate the D glass the way Cliff can. Appreciate Cliff without coming down on Reiber, Wolfolk, and Palmquist.

Oscar was terrific tonight. Very happy for him. But he’s not getting 4-6 minutes a game because he has trouble guarding another teams 3 or 4. Tonight he played the 5 so it was a little better, but he still struggled defensively.
as mentioned before when he came in and made the 3, it really started the rally. He did it with confidence. He was that was rest of the game he was in. i think he has earned himself some minutes for next game and we will see what he can do...

of course 1 showing doesnt lock playing time of the year but he has earned some for next game. If he keeps showing up, awesome!

as mentioned before when he came in and made the 3, it really started the rally. He did it with confidence. He was that was rest of the game he was in. i think he has earned himself some minutes for next game and we will see what he can do...

of course 1 showing doesnt lock playing time of the year but he has earned some for next game. If he keeps showing up, awesome!

Agreed. And in the rare instance where teams zone us, he can be a weapon.

Reactions: njxchange
I saw that and commented to person watching with me. Brutal since Miller doesn't get minutes but that was the right move
That's because Miller is not good. Why was Hyatt in the game at the 4 minute mark up by 35 instead of Chol who never got off the bench?

ADVERTISEMENT