ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2018-19 NY Mets Offseason "Hot Stove" Thread

Mazzilli left in 82 in a trade that brought back Ron Darling. And then he was back, as part of the 86 championship team.
Ron Darling and Walt Terrell. And Terrell was traded later for Howard Johnson. So Maz brought in quite a bit of talent.

First game I ever saw was Mets/Cards 1971. Seaver vs. Gibson. Mets in 10 on a Duffy Dyer bloop double. My first view of a major league field was looking down one of the runways at Yogi coaching first base on the greenest grass I ever saw. Will never forget it.

Reactions: cicero grimes
OT:
Will any of you Met fans agree...Lee Mazzilli was one of the most popular Mets in their history?
My sister was in love with Lee Mazzilli. She was devastated when he was traded and I still remember the shriek she made when he was brought back in 86.

Do you remember when Dave Parker plowed into John Stearns at home plate in an attempt to dislodge the ball from him. Stearns held on, got up and spiked the baseball. Parker was out and then out. Wound up with a broken cheekbone on the play.
Sure do

So was BVW the former agent of JT Realmuto? Is this the reason hes trading Syndergaard for this guy instead of signing Grandal?

So was BVW the former agent of JT Realmuto? Is this the reason hes trading Syndergaard for this guy instead of signing Grandal?
Not sure about being his agent but it seems like BVW is obsessed with Realmuto to the point that there is no other option for him. It is starting to get annoying. On the other hand, it could be the media that is making it seem this way.

Do you remember when Dave Parker plowed into John Stearns at home plate in an attempt to dislodge the ball from him. Stearns held on, got up and spiked the baseball. Parker was out and then out. Wound up with a broken cheekbone on the play.
Stearns was one of my favorites. Think his nickname was “bade dude” and he played D back for Colorado . Tough guy and loved the way he played . I do remember that play very well myself.

Am I the only one who thinks that BVW might be shaking the tree in the AL East to let them know Thor to the Yankees is possible? Maybe he's hoping the BoSox or Rays will come back with a better package just to keep that from happening!!!

Am I the only one who thinks that BVW might be shaking the tree in the AL East to let them know Thor to the Yankees is possible? Maybe he's hoping the BoSox or Rays will come back with a better package just to keep that from happening!!!

Or Cashman is leaking.

This would be an amazingly stupid trade for the Mets. Why BVW trading Noah Syndergaard for JUST Realmuto instead of just signing Wilson Ramos or Yasmani Grandal and keeping the rotation intact?
According to diComo, the Mets priority in a catcher is a defensive upgrade. Obviously Realmuto is the prize, since he is an upgrade in everything. But if they don't get him, Plan B may be Maldonado because of defense.

If the Mets do make the trade, they will have gotten arguably the best closer and the best catcher in the game. Getting two bests is not bad. That said, I think we must wait until all the dealing is done and then evaluate in total.

According to diComo, the Mets priority in a catcher is a defensive upgrade. Obviously Realmuto is the prize, since he is an upgrade in everything. But if they don't get him, Plan B may be Maldonado because of defense.

If the Mets do make the trade, they will have gotten arguably the best closer and the best catcher in the game. Getting two bests is not bad. That said, I think we must wait until all the dealing is done and then evaluate in total.
Rumor is Andujar and Realmuto to mets. Thor to Yankees. Top prospects to Marlins. If that is true the Mets have to make the deal

Idk. Lots of rumors on various sites. Likely all,predicated from one tweet last night
Yes this rumor is a bunch of crap. CBS Sports reported that they were able to confirm directly from 2 of the GMs that this hasn't even been talked about between them.

Yes this rumor is a bunch of crap. CBS Sports reported that they were able to confirm directly from 2 of the GMs that this hasn't even been talked about between them.
Why do you think those GMs would be telling the truth?

Why do you think those GMs would be telling the truth?
They could have simply not responded at all. They went out of their way to deny it so they aren't bothered with stupid questions. Secondly what is the Marlins getting out of this? The tweet that started this ignores that completely.

Can’t trade Thor.
Disagree but ONLY if the Wilpons sign a Free agent pitcher and a set up man. I now can shore up catcher and 3rd base with the proposed trade. Diaz and Realmuto helps the pitching staff.

This has disaster written all over it. We have a hard on for Realmuto but we're going to burn it down everywhere else getting him.

Disagree but ONLY if the Wilpons sign a Free agent pitcher and a set up man. I now can shore up catcher and 3rd base with the proposed trade. Diaz and Realmuto helps the pitching staff.
If we get rid of a top starter like Thor then we spend the next 3 to 4 years looking to replace him , and we never actually do . Then we hear that we are one top pitcher away from competing. I don’t like trading one of the Aces . Still pissed they traded Seaver!

Thor for Andujar and Realmuto would actually be a great trade for the Met's. Yankees getting Thor would be great for them but MArlins just getting 2 prospects? That make no sense at all.

This would be an amazingly stupid trade for the Mets. Why BVW trading Noah Syndergaard for JUST Realmuto instead of just signing Wilson Ramos or Yasmani Grandal and keeping the rotation intact?

Maybe they don't want to spend the money to sign Thor...why not try to get more value now.
They could be set on signing DeGrom and Wheeler for their rotation for big money and not willing to tie so much money on 3 starters.

Reactions: RuBird
Maybe they don't want to spend the money to sign Thor...why not try to get more value now.
They could be set on signing DeGrom and Wheeler for their rotation for big money and not willing to tie so much money on 3 starters.

But we'll spend money one year earlier to sign Realmuto? Huh??

Reactions: tico brown
Thor for Andujar and Realmuto would actually be a great trade for the Met's. Yankees getting Thor would be great for them but MArlins just getting 2 prospects? That make no sense at all.

Maybe but that's not on the table in these rumors.

Maybe but that's not on the table in these rumors.
Yeah- been seeing conflicting rumors. If it is Realmuto to the Met's, Adujar to the MArlins and Thor to the Yankee's - it doesnt make much sense for the Met's to do it and just no sense at all because the Marlins would most likely do a straight deal for Thor and Realmuto but I don't think the Met's would.

Per Jon Morosi of MLB Network - The threesome is not progressing. However, Mets continue to engage Marlins directly on Realmuto.

Per Jon Heyman also of MLB Network - Mets very aggressive on Realmuto. The names being discussed are Syndergaard or Rosario. (Either, not both.) Marlins reportedly don't want prospects, they want controllable MLB talent.

But who knows.

Per Jon Morosi of MLB Network - The threesome is not progressing. However, Mets continue to engage Marlins directly on Realmuto.

Per Jon Heyman also of MLB Network - Mets very aggressive on Realmuto. The names being discussed are Syndergaard or Rosario. (Either, not both.) Marlins reportedly don't want prospects, they want controllable MLB talent.

But who knows.
If I’m the Mets, Rosario for Realmuto, I think I make the trade. As a die hard Mets fan I want Rosario to be great. He’s was the number one prospect but I don’t see it. What do I know anyway...

I would make that Rosario trade as well. Thor not even close to being in the discussion with me.

Reactions: redking
I would make that Rosario trade as well. Thor not even close to being in the discussion with me.
But Miami reportedly won't make that trade, at least not even up. They are entertaining multiple suitors.

But we'll spend money one year earlier to sign Realmuto? Huh??

I wouldn't sign Realmuto at all...not worth a Syndergaard.
I wouldn't want him for Noah...but Met's might be making decision that they want to sign only 2 of the big 3 pitchers.
When I look at this rumor...just rumor mind you...I don't think Mets are getting any value for the caliber of pitcher of Noah.
I know, I know...an all star catcher...but the way I remember, Mets didn't give up anywhere near a Syndergaard caliber player for an all star Piazza..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT