ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2018-19 NY Mets Offseason "Hot Stove" Thread

In the Rule 5 draft, Mets acquired RHP Kyle Dowdy from the Indians organization. Must be kept on the ML roster all year, or offered back to the Tribe. They also acquired three other players in the secondary phase of the draft, who need not be roster protected. Didn't lose anyone.

You're kidding, right ?
Where would the Yanks play Rosario ?
Gardner's near the end of his career, can play center field, and is still a better hitter than Nimmo...especiallyt as a lead-off hitter.
My earlier characterization of both of those Mets guys you seem to value so much is on the money.
In your mind, not mine.On the open market right now,who would fetch more back, Gardner or Nimmo? Where would Rosario play, how about we start with SS,lol Gardner hit .236, with 12 HR's and 45 RBI's in 530 AB's- - - Nimmo in 433 AB's had 17 HR's and 47RBI's and a BA of .263. You really showed your blind ignorance of all things baseball right there!!!

Last edited:
In the Rule 5 draft, Mets acquired RHP Kyle Dowdy from the Indians organization. Must be kept on the ML roster all year, or offered back to the Tribe. They also acquired three other players in the secondary phase of the draft, who need not be roster protected. Didn't lose anyone.
Dowdy must be familiar to our manager. Maybe for once the Mets get lucky with a sleeper.

A sure sign that the Mets minor leagues suck is that they drafted 4 players lost zero. Yankees draft 1 lose 6.

In your mind, not mine.On the open market right now,who would fetch more back, Gardner or Nimmo? Where would Rosario play, how about we start with SS,lol Gardner hit .236, with 12 HR's and 45 RBI's in 530 AB's- - - Nimmo in 433 AB's had 17 HR's and 47RBI's and a BA of .263. You really showed your blind ignorance of all things baseball right there!!!
not to mention Nimmo is 10 years younger and this year was his first year as a full-time major leaguer.

We won't hear back from him on this for awhile,lol

That because they brought up their top 2 last year..
That goes hand in hand with what I said in one of these threads awhile back,too much stock is put in how these farm systems are rated, and not enough in what they produce. One or two MLB ready players added to a roster each year is/should be the goal of every organization, not winning multiple championships at different levels of play. Of course the quality of those players once they get to the Show is what matters most, but in so many of the rankings, this is NEVER factored in.Way too many over rated, over hyped AAAA players get pumped up, and in turn raise the so called level of the farm system.

On the open market they might just consider that Gardner is nearing the end of his career and thus would have less value. Nimmo doesn't have much of a body of work and probably won't be an everyday player for the Mets in 2019...although I sure hope so.
And the Yankees have a shortstop who will be back probably by mid-season. And I don't think they need a .250 hitter with no power at 2nd or 3rd.
There are a number of reasons that the Mets were one of the weakest hitting teams last year in MLB. Rosario and Nimmo are two of those reasons.

Rosario yes. Nimmo no. Nimmo was #2 overall in wrc+ in the NL a hitting stat that most front offices think is the best to use. Batting average lol this isn't 1970 anymore.

Last edited:
On the open market they might just consider that Gardner is nearing the end of his career and thus would have less value. Nimmo doesn't have much of a body of work and probably won't be an everyday player for the Mets in 2019...although I sure hope so.
And the Yankees have a shortstop who will be back probably by mid-season. And I don't think they need a .250 hitter with no power at 2nd or 3rd.
There are a number of reasons that the Mets were one of the weakest hitting teams last year in MLB. Rosario and Nimmo are two of those reasons.
Try Plaweki and Reyes as "two of those reasons."

Rosario yes. Nimmo no. Nimmo was #2 overall in wrc+ in the NL a hitting stat that most front offices think is the best to use. Batting average lol this isn't 1970 anymore.
Yeah...right. The highest batting average in MLB last season was held by Mookie Betts. The 2nd highest was by J.D. Martinez.
Sure...what a bogus statistic.Worthless in evaluating a player.[jumpingsmile][jumpingsmile][jumpingsmile]

I wouldn't sign Realmuto at all...not worth a Syndergaard.
I wouldn't want him for Noah...but Met's might be making decision that they want to sign only 2 of the big 3 pitchers.
When I look at this rumor...just rumor mind you...I don't think Mets are getting any value for the caliber of pitcher of Noah.
I know, I know...an all star catcher...but the way I remember, Mets didn't give up anywhere near a Syndergaard caliber player for an all star Piazza..
Agree with you don’t do it.

Clueless

Yeah...right. The highest batting average in MLB last season was held by Mookie Betts. The 2nd highest was by J.D. Martinez.
Sure...what a bogus statistic.Worthless in evaluating a player.[jumpingsmile][jumpingsmile][jumpingsmile]

Yes and #2 and #3 in all of baseball in wrc+. Batting average is still useful but not the be all end all tool you brought up originally.

You're kidding, right ?
Where would the Yanks play Rosario ?
Gardner's near the end of his career, can play center field, and is still a better hitter than Nimmo...especiallyt as a lead-off hitter.
My earlier characterization of both of those Mets guys you seem to value so much is on the money.
Brett Gardner has never had an OPS as high as Nimmo did last year. Not once in his career. Hell he's never been within 100 pts in OPS compared to Nimmo.

Nimmo's 404 OBP was higher by quite a bit than Gardner's career best and Gardner's best was a complete outlier. He tends to be around .350 You're wrong on just about everything when it comes to Nimmo.

Rosario is 22, take a look at what Gregorius was before his age 26 season.

Did you think four years ago that Didi would be as good with the bat as he is now ?
Why would you think that Rosario would have a similar improvement ?
If you didn't see it coming for Didi why do you see it coming for Rosario ? Are you perhaps a fan of Rosario's team ?

Did you think four years ago that Didi would be as good with the bat as he is now ?
If you didn't see it coming for Didi why do you see it coming for Rosario ? Are you perhaps a fan of Rosario's team ?
Andy117, this is the way he answers questions when he has no answer,lol. Andy117 made valid points about Nimmo and Rosario and your only comeback is asking what team he likes. Brilliant!!!!

Again,he has no argument for this or his ignorant rant on Nimmo,sad. To repeat, both would get 400 AB's on the all powerful Yankees, and Yankee fans would be doing the Irish Jig in the streets if they somehow added Thor.
tenor.gif

And perhaps your a fan of the Yankees,and I doubt any Yankee fan saw Didi's leap in production coming either.[cheers]

And perhaps your a fan of the Yankees,and I doubt any Yankee fan saw Didi's leap in production coming either.[cheers]
Of course not. And if anyone had predicted that people would have said they were a hopeless, not-too-bright over-the-top fan of their team.
Which is what needs to be said about any Mets fan that projects Rosario as anywhere near that productive.

FWIW, a Miami Marlins fan site has reported that the Mets have taken Rosario off the table in the Realmuto negotiations.

ADVERTISEMENT