ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2018 New York Yankees season

c10j10s

Senior
Nov 25, 2012
Didn’t see a thread yet so I figured I’d get it started. Not that it really means anything but the Yanks moved to 4-0 in Grapefruit League play last night thanks to a walkoff homerun by 3B prospect Miguel Andujar. Aaron Judge is set to make his spring debut tomorrow and that game will be televised on YES.

My best guess as of now for opening day 25 man roster:

C : Sanchez
1B: Bird
2B: Wade
SS: Gregorius
3B: Drury
LF: Gardner
CF: Hicks
RF: Judge
DH: Stanton

Bench:
Romine
Ellsbury
Torreyes
Austin

Rotation:
Severino
Tanaka
Gray
Sabathia
Montgomery

Bullpen:
Chapman
Robertson
Betances
Kahnle
Green
Warren
Shreve

A couple of these spots are definitely up for grabs. The last bullpen spot is Shreve's to lose but it wouldn't shock me if the Yankees decided to break camp with a guy like Wade LeBlanc instead of Shreve. Also we obviously aren't certain who will win the 2B and 3B jobs. Wade and Drury are my guesses, but Andujar and Torres can make the decision very tough for the Yankees. I don't see a spot for Clint Frazier right now on the opening day roster unfortunately. It also doesn't help that he just suffered a concussion that will keep him off the field for a few days. Also look out for prospect Billy McKinney to possibly sneak in and grab that last bench spot from Tyler Austin. He's got good left-handed power and he can play 1B as well as the outfield corners.

Reactions: IMARUFAN
Yanks move to 5-0 in spring training with another comeback win today as they beat the Blue Jays 9-8 in Dunedin. Andujar went yard again today. Kid can flat out hit. He's still a little awkward at 3B and that's the only reason that they're not ready to just hand him this job yet. Danny Espinosa went yard today as well and if he can prove to be a non-zero at the plate that could spell trouble for Ronald Torreyes.

Yanks move to 5-0 in spring training with another comeback win today as they beat the Blue Jays 9-8 in Dunedin. Andujar went yard again today. Kid can flat out hit. He's still a little awkward at 3B and that's the only reason that they're not ready to just hand him this job yet. Danny Espinosa went yard today as well and if he can prove to be a non-zero at the plate that could spell trouble for Ronald Torreyes.
https://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2...raining-win-loss-records-and-you-sanity-check

Yea I already stated in the original post that spring training records don’t matter. Just posting a fact. Settle down.
He is a Mets fan. No need to respond. Funny thing he kills Kbee for going on Mets threads but has no problem coming on a Yankee thread and trashing the Yankees

Only question mark is can Sabathia and Tanaka stay healthy. They mostly held up last season. They will sell plenty of tickets this season with that lineup.
Boom!

I like the fact some of the early season games start 630. Not sure how that will affect attendance, but great for tv watchers and the happy hour crowd.

Reactions: WhiteBus
He is a Mets fan. No need to respond. Funny thing he kills Kbee for going on Mets threads but has no problem coming on a Yankee thread and trashing the Yankees

Thank you. And he's probably instrumental in me being prevented from posting in the Mets thread.
I prefer to look at it as I'm so good at the give-and-take with Mets fans that some of them have a real problem with my words. Whatever Mets fans say abut the Yankees means less than zero to me.

Only question mark is can Sabathia and Tanaka stay healthy. They mostly held up last season. They will sell plenty of tickets this season with that lineup.
Boom!

I’d limit their innings big time 1st half.

My best guess as of now for opening day 25 man roster:

C : Sanchez
1B: Bird
2B: Wade
SS: Gregorius
3B: Drury
LF: Gardner
CF: Hicks
RF: Judge
DH: Stanton

Bench:
Romine
Ellsbury
Torreyes
Austin

Rotation:
Severino
Tanaka
Gray
Sabathia
Montgomery

Bullpen:
Chapman
Robertson
Betances
Kahnle
Green
Warren
Shreve

A couple of these spots are definitely up for grabs. The last bullpen spot is Shreve's to lose but it wouldn't shock me if the Yankees decided to break camp with a guy like Wade LeBlanc instead of Shreve. Also we obviously aren't certain who will win the 2B and 3B jobs. Wade and Drury are my guesses, but Andujar and Torres can make the decision very tough for the Yankees. I don't see a spot for Clint Frazier right now on the opening day roster unfortunately. It also doesn't help that he just suffered a concussion that will keep him off the field for a few days. Also look out for prospect Billy McKinney to possibly sneak in and grab that last bench spot from Tyler Austin. He's got good left-handed power and he can play 1B as well as the outfield corners.
Clint Frazier has a lot of upside. He will have a significant role on the team in 2018.

Reactions: KnightsofChrome
I switched over to the Yankees this year from the Mets. So pumped for this season!

Reactions: T2Kplus10
Yankee fans can spot a Trojan horse when entering this thread. Take your rooting interests back to Queens. :baseball:

The Mets' complete ambivalence towards winning at first made me angry, and after a few years, I was just numb to it. My entertainment time and dollars are limited; there is nothing to be gained by wasting them on bad entertainment. So I had stopped paying attention to baseball altogether.

The Yankees have assembled a team that is impossible not to look at. Last year I found myself tuning in to catch Judge's at-bats. I felt like a kid discovering baseball for the first time. When they got Stanton, I felt pumped. I have young kids who deserve to be happy. Make Baseball Great Again!

Thank you. And he's probably instrumental in me being prevented from posting in the Mets thread.
I prefer to look at it as I'm so good at the give-and-take with Mets fans that some of them have a real problem with my words. Whatever Mets fans say abut the Yankees means less than zero to me.
Dam! You had to be a Yankee fan! lol
This Yankee team could rival some of the all time teams of the past, 1927, 50's and early 60's. Of course there were some really great teams in the 70's, 80's, 90....but for me it will always be the 1961 Yankees.

Reactions: Kbee3
I switched over to the Yankees this year from the Mets. So pumped for this season!
You did? Did you fill out the application? And, where is the blood sample(it has to be blue). What's the world coming to, Met fans, becoming Yankee fans!?!?!? lol Welcome.

So have you given up on Rutgers too? Penn State fan now?? [winking]

I have a degree from Rutgers, rooting for Rutgers seems to naturally flow from that invariable fact. And friends with whom a tailgate party is a convenient and likely venue for a fun meetup. These ties secure my loyalty. But for those two factors, I'd be tuning in to watch Ohio State every week. It's objectively a lot more fun to watch. The Mets, if anything, have been blatently *disloyal* to its customers for north of a decade now. They deserve no loyal fan base.

I have a degree from Rutgers, rooting for Rutgers seems to naturally flow from that invariable fact. And friends with whom a tailgate party is a convenient and likely venue for a fun meetup. These ties secure my loyalty. But for those two factors, I'd be tuning in to watch Ohio State every week. It's objectively a lot more fun to watch. The Mets, if anything, have been blatently *disloyal* to its customers for north of a decade now. They deserve no loyal fan base.
Just busting your chops. The Mets ownership is the worst in baseball. Some teams try and fail, the Mets don't even try. This offseason where they had every opportunity to add quality players but passed and went the cheap route.
As for Rutgers I'm the same as you. Loyalty, being an Alum and mostly seeing friends and tailgating together keep me coming back. It certainly isn't the product on the field.

Reactions: KingHigh
Every RU fan should also be an NYY fan.....for balance. You need some joy in your sporting life!

Okay folks take a look at this lineup for the Yankees game today against the Tigers in Tampa:

LF Gardner
DH Judge
RF Stanton
C Sanchez
1B Bird
SS Gregorius
CF Hicks
3B Drury
2B Torres

You're looking at the possible opening day lineup. I believe the game is televised at 1 on YES.

Okay folks take a look at this lineup for the Yankees game today against the Tigers in Tampa:

LF Gardner
DH Judge
RF Stanton
C Sanchez
1B Bird
SS Gregorius
CF Hicks
3B Drury
2B Torres

You're looking at the possible opening day lineup. I believe the game is televised at 1 on YES.
It's okay.
:)

The Mets' complete ambivalence towards winning at first made me angry, and after a few years, I was just numb to it. My entertainment time and dollars are limited; there is nothing to be gained by wasting them on bad entertainment. So I had stopped paying attention to baseball altogether.

The Yankees have assembled a team that is impossible not to look at. Last year I found myself tuning in to catch Judge's at-bats. I felt like a kid discovering baseball for the first time. When they got Stanton, I felt pumped. I have young kids who deserve to be happy. Make Baseball Great Again!
As a lifetime Yankee fan back to the M%M boys I almost lost complete interest in BB but Judge brought back the excitement after GS passed that I had lost...I can relate to you..

Reactions: KnightsofChrome
Watching this offense is going to be fun as hell. Pitching will be the big question, as always.

Dam! You had to be a Yankee fan! lol
This Yankee team could rival some of the all time teams of the past, 1927, 50's and early 60's. Of course there were some really great teams in the 70's, 80's, 90....but for me it will always be the 1961 Yankees.

As a lifelong Yankees fan, I agree with you about the 61 team. I was a Mantle fan and my cousin was a Maris fan and the chase for Babe Ruth's record was one of the joys of my life. I still think the Mick would have won the race if he hadn't gotten injured.
And BTW, the Big Red Machine and the Yankees teams of the late Nineties were pretty awesome too.
Psyched about the coming season.

As a lifelong Yankees fan, I agree with you about the 61 team. I was a Mantle fan and my cousin was a Maris fan and the chase for Babe Ruth's record was one of the joys of my life. I still think the Mick would have won the race if he hadn't gotten injured.
And BTW, the Big Red Machine and the Yankees teams of the late Nineties were pretty awesome too.
Psyched about the coming season.
Ditto' ... Used to play with Joe Pepitone, and hit a few Knucklers off of Bouton. Now, all I do is dodge liberal fastballs....lol Also, agree on the Big Red Machine(great team)! Can't wait for season to start!

Reactions: AreYouNUTS

LF Gardner
DH Judge
RF Stanton
C Sanchez
1B Bird
SS Gregorius
CF Hicks
3B Drury
2B Torres

I tend to think they'll put Bird or maybe even Didi after Stanton and then Sanchez to break-up the R-L bats a little. Barring a serious injury to one of the everyday players, the starting pitchers hold the key.

I try to catch a few pre season games in Tampa every year so it feels like I know the team when I watch on TV all year

Ive been a Yankee fan all my life> I remember camping out in the back yard as a little kid in upstate NY huddled around a radio listening to the games...

I try to catch a few pre season games in Tampa every year so it feels like I know the team when I watch on TV all year

Ive been a Yankee fan all my life> I remember camping out in the back yard as a little kid in upstate NY huddled around a radio listening to the games...
The old pocket size transistor radio was my friend for many summers in the late 60s and 70s

Given the weakness of the bottom three teams in the division,they and the Red Sox may stage another 1954,when the Indians went 111-43,with the Yankees going 103-51 by murdering the bottom 5 five teams in the league.

I don't want to be a Gloomy Gus, but aren't you guys concerned about the Yankees' pitching?

Why would we be concerned about the Yankees pitching? They return basically everyone from one of the best pitching staffs in baseball last season. And they were excellent in the postseason.

Yanks drop a wacky game today 9-6 to the Tigers. Judge made his debut and went 0-2 with a K and a hard liner to 3rd. Stanton picked up 2 hits and just missed a home run. Sanchez hit a 2 run bomb that I posted earlier in the thread.

ADVERTISEMENT