ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2018 New York Yankees season

Post game interview looked bad for Chapman. Was down and anything but postive. Seems more than his previous problems

Not sure who closes now other than by committee, but Chapman's control issues have plagued him all season.

Not sure who closes now other than by committee, but Chapman's control issues have plagued him all season.
DL stint for Chapman......knee,
Britton will close.
Didi back soon. Sanchez too. And soon enough Judge.

Reactions: RUBand
I think Bird has the rest of this season to produce.
If he doesn't, the Yankees will get a new 1st baseman in the off season.
I know it’s a HR first league now, but I’d rather be hitting at least .260 with 10 hr’s, than .210 with 19. I looks like he tries to pull everything.

DL stint for Chapman......knee,
Britton will close.
Didi back soon. Sanchez too. And soon enough Judge.
Better knee than arm. Having a bullpen pitcher go down is the easiest thing for the Yanks to deal with.

I know it’s a HR first league now, but I’d rather be hitting at least .260 with 10 hr’s, than .210 with 19. I looks like he tries to pull everything.
He has the worst of both. Batting .206 with 11 hrs.

Opening day 2019 is set for March 28th. Earliest start ever Didn't baseball learn after this early start, and all the cancelled games??

Opening day 2019 is set for March 28th. Earliest start ever Didn't baseball learn after this early start, and all the cancelled games??
Apparently not, gotta squeeze every dollar possible out of this, right?

Per MLB.com:
The traditional Opening Day is scheduled for March 28, continuing the new scheduling format that begins the season with an additional week to allow each club three or four more off days throughout the year.

I would say teams and the Yankees in particular completely lost those 3-4 extra off days throughout the year because of early season rainouts

Reactions: WhiteBus
Shortening the season would accomplish this, plus it would give them a chance to have a 3 game wild card playoff.

Shortening the season would accomplish this, plus it would give them a chance to have a 3 game wild card playoff.
Owners will not give up the revenue for reduced number of games. Same reason double headers have evolved to day/night so they can charge twice. Growing up my father took me primarily to double headers because it was 2 games for price of 1.

Im all for going back to 154 games. Not a fan of expanding the wildcard. Win your division or face the elimination game.

I can really go for a nice 2 1/2 hour comfortable win tonight. Last night was exciting but keep me up too late

Agree, he didn't pitch or hit well yesterday.
No. No.
He doesn't hit or pitch. He manages.
That means he makes out the lineup....which I don't think he's done very well.
And he decides when to replace a pitcher and who to replace him with. He's awful at that.
I was never a big fan of Girardi, but I gotta admit I'm missing him.

No. No.
He doesn't hit or pitch. He manages.
That means he makes out the lineup....which I don't think he's done very well.
And he decides when to replace a pitcher and who to replace him with. He's awful at that.
I was never a big fan of Girardi, but I gotta admit I'm missing him.
They have half of an all star team on the DL. Not many good options. Not saying Boone is a great manager, just pointing out choices are limited and it's tough to judge right now.

Boston's lead down to 7.
Now if the Yanks can only get some of their injured players back ASAP.

Bye, bye Birdie. There is a new sheriff in town at 1st base. His name is Luke Voit, ya'll be cool!

A limited number of games though. I think it was twenty something games.
I saw an interview with Ken, he was able to get the home games in Baltimore and I think he said Tampa,
because he has a home in each place, and wants to be near his kids and grand kids. Will he root for Baltimore and Tampa or
the Yankees? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I saw an interview with Ken, he was able to get the home games in Baltimore and I think he said Tampa,
because he has a home in each place, and wants to be near his kids and grand kids. Will he root for Baltimore and Tampa or
the Yankees? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I don't care who he roots for. He has been a great announcer.

I thought the Yankees dumped Papa Johns as a sponsor. Reinstated?? Weak money grab.

We need Sanchez, Didi, and Judge back before that west coast trip for sure.

Last edited:
Judge said his wrist is still sore to the touch. I doubt he's back. I think the other 2 will be there though.

I don't care who he roots for. He has been a great announcer.
Yes he is, one of my favorites. However when he played, I hated anything Baltimore, because The Yankees were terrible
and Baltimore had become great. Do you remember the million dollar infield, can you name the players, I'll start you off,
3rd base Brooks Robinson......

Yes he is, one of my favorites. However when he played, I hated anything Baltimore, because The Yankees were terrible
and Baltimore had become great. Do you remember the million dollar infield, can you name the players, I'll start you off,
3rd base Brooks Robinson......
1st Boog Powell, who today is more well know among Orioles fans for his BBQ out in center field.
2nd Bobby Grich, my first baseball mitt. I think it was the best selling baseball mitt of that era.
SS. Mark Belanger. So over rated.

This team pisses me off that they do no not sacrifice the runners over...Monday night down 2 runs with runners on 1st and 2nd, 0 out in the 7th inning, 3rd string catcher Kyle Higashioka batting 7th is swinging 3-1 pops up to the catcher, next batter hits into a double play.

Tonight, down 2 runs in the 3rd inning, a leadoff double by Bird, next batter backup catcher Austin Romine batting 8th strikes out on a pitch in the dirt. Next batter flies out to deep right, next batter grounds out....

We r talking about backup below average hitters not moving the runners into scoring position, its mind boggling

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT