ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2018 New York Yankees season

Welp, you knew the Yanks weren't going to be down for long. Finally woke up tonight. Should make Boomer Esiasson happy tomorrow.
Boomer was arguing with the other announcers. He was adamant Tyler was absolutely trying to hurt the Red Sox player with
his cleats. He is such a f..ing hater I'm going to write the station. They seem to like Met announcer anyway, but I'll give it a try.

Boomer was arguing with the other announcers. He was adamant Tyler was absolutely trying to hurt the Red Sox player with
his cleats. He is such a f..ing hater I'm going to write the station. They seem to like Met announcer anyway, but I'll give it a try.
Boomer is a moron when he talks about anything other than football or hockey.

As a short stop in the 80s, it was on me to avoid any spikes below my knees.
Feet, ankles and shins were complete fair game, as a matter of fact, if a hard slider like Gary Carter spiked my ankle or shin, I’d say you got me, and he’d say...nice play.
Done...not even a thought!
Breaking up a double play is a huge part of the game...or was anyway

Feet, ankles and shins were complete fair game, as a matter of fact, if a hard slider like Gary Carter spiked my ankle or shin, I’d say you got me, and he’d say...nice play.
MLB players, especially Red Sox players, are wusses now! :)

MLB players, especially Red Sox players, are wusses now! :)
This Pitcher hit Tyler with a 96 mile an hour fast ball, suspend him, there is no call for what he did. Pitchers are brave today,
because they don't have to hit. In the old days a pitcher hit you and you get hit back.

Except when Pete Rose was doing the sliding?

This Pitcher hit Tyler with a 96 mile an hour fast ball, suspend him, there is no call for what he did. Pitchers are brave today,
because they don't have to hit. In the old days a pitcher hit you and you get hit back.
I wonder if he would have hit Don Baylor?
Baylor actually enjoyed being hit, but no pitcher ever had the balls to hit him on purpose.
While walking to the plate in an obvious retaliation situation, Baylor would yell to the pitcher, Cmon hit me, I dare you!

Reactions: T2Kplus10
I wonder if he would have hit Don Baylor?
Baylor actually enjoyed being hit, but no pitcher ever had the balls to hit him on purpose.
While walking to the plate in an obvious retaliation situation, Baylor would yell to the pitcher, Cmon hit me, I dare you!
I think you can put Ron Hunt in that category too.

The biggest bonus for the Yanks last night could end up being Price going on the DL for an extended period of time.

WFAN, though now the Yankee flagship station, is full of announcers that are and always will be METS FANS. It kills the Yankee callers and listeners,and there's no doubt it's true.Rightly so, it was the Mets station for 27 years, and the main reason it turned a profit in building the brand years. You can say Imus, Mike and the Dog also, for sure, but it was the Mets pre-game and post game,the 1st to do such a thing that got the ball rolling across the country that all sports talk radio could be a hit. In fact, on TV and radio,Yankee announcers sound like a minor league team. Watching last night even, their graphics, and when they post them,suck,the sound sucks,everything about the broadcast except watching them lose,sucks,lol.

Yankees gonna be saved from a no-hitter by a rain delay?

Biggest vagina of the year award goes to the pitcher that recently tried to hit Nolan Arenado, then threw his glove at him when he charged the mound, then proceeded to run away the entire time when Arenado came to clock him.

Biggest vagina of the year award goes to the pitcher that recently tried to hit Nolan Arenado, then threw his glove at him when he charged the mound, then proceeded to run away the entire time when Arenado came to clock him.
Lesson learned for Perdomo. Last time he leaves his purse in the dugout. He could have gotten a good whack in with it.

Austin got owned almost as bad as Don Zimmer did by Pedro:

Red Sox manager is a moron: should never have left Walden in against the Yanks in the 9th with only a 6 run lead. You bring in your all star closer against a team like the Yanks.

Perdomo looked like he could try out for defensive back if San Diego still had the Chargers.

Reactions: Rhuarc
Agree 100%...Not at Dale's level of course but I have always played middle infield through HS and then in some very competitive softball leagues. In a strange way, while on D and turning a DP, I sort of enjoyed it when a guy was coming in hard and I was throwing to first as I was jumping over the slide. A dirty slide was always considered, spikes up high enough that I couldnt jump over, a guy who didnt go down into a slide until last moment or a guy who slide but popped up at the bag in attempt to hit me with his body. On the other hand, I would usually aim my throw at mid chest of the guy coming into the base so he had to get down...

Reactions: zappaa
Take Bettances out. Please! Send him to the minors to get his act together

Stop managing by numbers from the past. Bettances isn't what he used to be. Giradi would have yanked his butt off the mound after the first 2 batters

Lost among all the hoopla about the slow start, Judge has quietly gone about his business. He's got an 11 game hitting streak going, is hitting .340 and has displayed consistency and cut down on his strikeouts as well. Sir Didi is also having a great start, hitting .311 so far. Hicks back tonight, first Yankee to hit both an inside the park home run and regular home run in the same game since 1956. He's a key piece back off the DL.

Betances I think just needs to pitch more like a crafty veteran. After the game he talked about improving his pitch selection; his pitches were good in that his speed was good on the fastball and the breaking ball had a ton of movement. Just can't throw the same thing four times in a row. I think I might even be able to get a bat on his breaking ball if I saw 4 in a row. Monty got the win in a good start, burned future HOF'er Cabrera good with the curveball to end the 6th. Better defense all around, better base running, there was a lot more to like this game.

Progress is being made, and they won, good night overall. Couple of interesting things Ken Singleton mentioned on YES, the Yankees are the second fastest team as far as team speed after the Twins, and they're the youngest team in the AL, third youngest in the majors after the Reds and Phillies. There are a ton of young guys on this roster and this team is only going to get stronger.

Lost among all the hoopla about the slow start, Judge has quietly gone about his business. He's got an 11 game hitting streak going, is hitting .340 and has displayed consistency and cut down on his strikeouts as well. Sir Didi is also having a great start, hitting .311 so far. Hicks back tonight, first Yankee to hit both an inside the park home run and regular home run in the same game since 1956. He's a key piece back off the DL.

Betances I think just needs to pitch more like a crafty veteran. After the game he talked about improving his pitch selection; his pitches were good in that his speed was good on the fastball and the breaking ball had a ton of movement. Just can't throw the same thing four times in a row. I think I might even be able to get a bat on his breaking ball if I saw 4 in a row. Monty got the win in a good start, burned future HOF'er Cabrera good with the curveball to end the 6th. Better defense all around, better base running, there was a lot more to like this game.

Progress is being made, and they won, good night overall. Couple of interesting things Ken Singleton mentioned on YES, the Yankees are the second fastest team as far as team speed after the Twins, and they're the youngest team in the AL, third youngest in the majors after the Reds and Phillies. There are a ton of young guys on this roster and this team is only going to get stronger.

Betances issues has never been velocity. Who cares if his fastball was consistently 98. He can't throw it for a strike. He can't get people out. The Yankees keep sending him out there in hopes he gets it straightened out. This isn't a new problem. This has been going on since late last year.

Reactions: Rhuarc
ADVERTISEMENT