ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2018 New York Yankees season

Betances issues has never been velocity. Who cares if his fastball was consistently 98. He can't throw it for a strike. He can't get people out. The Yankees keep sending him out there in hopes he gets it straightened out. This isn't a new problem. This has been going on since late last year.
Honestly, the guy is a head case right now. Send him down and try to work it out. It couldn't get any worse.

Going to Triple A for a while may really help him out. Right now you can't trust him.

Agreed. I for one hold my breath every time he comes in and he clearly has major issues going on. The odd thing is that during the first half of last season, he was great (IIRC), but then something changed. If they have the ability to send him to AAA, that's the better place to figure it out, rather than with MLB games on the line.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
Agreed. I for one hold my breath every time he comes in and he clearly has major issues going on. The odd thing is that during the first half of last season, he was great (IIRC), but then something changed. If they have the ability to send him to AAA, that's the better place to figure it out, rather than with MLB games on the line.
It was worth giving him a change to figure it out in the bigs, but that hasn't worked.

What's the problem,games in April mean nothing.

Games in April mean the exact same thing as games as in September.
When the team finishes 2 games out of first place and has to burn their ace in one game wild card and hope they can even make the playoffs tell me two losses against the Rays in April don't mean nothing

Dumbest most misinformed logic ever.

Thanks for the info. I always thought the games in April counted. At the end of the year I was under the impression the wins
and losses had to add up to 162. What was I thinking?
giphy.gif

Games in April mean the exact same thing as games as in September.
When the team finishes 2 games out of first place and has to burn their ace in one game wild card and hope they can even make the playoffs tell me two losses against the Rays in April don't mean nothing

Dumbest most misinformed logic ever.
giphy.gif

Gerrit Cole is 100X better than Tanaaaka or Severino, and all the Pirates wanted was some chump change.
Amazing.

Another rough one tonight. Glad I turned down a ticket to this one.

Lost 9-1 to the Marlins while the Red Sox beat Ohtani and the Angels 10-1. The Sox knocked Ohtani out after 2 innings.

But the Marlins play in the NL East, so they have to suck,right?
Of course they suck. Have you seen their lineup ?
But it's the old "on any given day" story. They're not gonna lose every game. They're probably gonna win 50 or 60 games this season. But they are a very weak team.
Although the starter last night wasn't bad.

Gray does to and CC hurt. So many on here wanted Stanton if he could fit under the cap. Starting pitching is what this team needed. Not another home run hitter.
There was no free agent starting pitching to be found. Only was available via trade. Not clear what they had to give up to get good starting pitching. This is why they dumped all their money into a bullpen recently. Stanton will be fine when the weather warms up.

There was no free agent starting pitching to be found. Only was available via trade. Not clear what they had to give up to get good starting pitching. This is why they dumped all their money into a bullpen recently. Stanton will be fine when the weather warms up.
Jake Arrieta??

Reactions: cicero grimes
Of course they suck. Have you seen their lineup ?
But it's the old "on any given day" story. They're not gonna lose every game. They're probably gonna win 50 or 60 games this season. But they are a very weak team.
Although the starter last night wasn't bad.
What was bad was your ace crapping the bed again, against said crap team.Of course the old saying," every team will win 50 games and lose 50 games, it's what you do with the other 62 that determines your season". PS. Except the 40 win 1962 Mets, of course.

Jake Arrieta??
Arietta - 32 years old, 3.5 ERA last season, only pitched 168 innings over 30 starts with a draft pick forfeit attached. I wouldn't have been thrilled if we had taken him. I'm not saying he's not good enough for the roster, I just think the situation wasn't that simple, especially with some supposedly good pitchers in the pipeline.

Sanchez has to be the worst catcher at actually catching a pitch, than any catcher in the majors. Lets another run in tonight on a passed ball. Just make him a DH and be done with it.

Arietta - 32 years old, 3.5 ERA last season, only pitched 168 innings over 30 starts with a draft pick forfeit attached. I wouldn't have been thrilled if we had taken him. I'm not saying he's not good enough for the roster, I just think the situation wasn't that simple, especially with some supposedly good pitchers in the pipeline.
He would easiy be the #2 starter on the Yankees this year.
Phillies only signed him for 3 years.

He would easiy be the #2 starter on the Yankees this year.
Phillies only signed him for 3 years.
Agreed but is he worth 25 million? He's only pitched 5 innings a start this year. You can get a call up from the minors to do that.

Sanchez has to be the worst catcher at actually catching a pitch, than any catcher in the majors. Lets another run in tonight on a passed ball. Just make him a DH and be done with it.

How dare you say that about an all-star catcher. Been saying that.
OK.
1. He was great behind the plate--last year. Maybe he is breakout of his slump
2. He has a cannon for an arm. great.
3. Sorry, but he passes and flubs too many easy balls. I don't care how hard he worked in the off-season.

Agreed but is he worth 25 million? He's only pitched 5 innings a start this year. You can get a call up from the minors to do that.
Are you watching his 1 hit shut out tonight through 6?? Yes worth every dime

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT