ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2018 Philadelphia Phillies season thread

read option

All Conference
Nov 12, 2013
13-7. 1 game out of 1st place. Lots of exciting young players, especially Nola, Hoskins and Kingery. 1 starter and 2 top relievers still on the DL since the season began. Predicted 78-84 before the season started (which I’ll stick with), but right now the Phils are playing good baseball and are fun to watch.

Thought they be about .500, still looking that way,IMO. Right now playing a stretch of bad teams, but you can only play who's on your schedule. The starters have impressed so far, so hoping they continue to look good and keep it up throughout the season. Hoskins looking like a legit star, and the rest of the team falling into place.

BTW, nice username, I'm assuming it was for Chip Kelly. At that time I was all aboard with him also, it's weird how he backed off of the analytics and never improved as a coach. Good thing big balls Doug Pederson became the coach that we all thought Kelly was going to be. Hopefully Kapler keeps his foot on the analytics gas, doesn't become results oriented and fade like Kelly did.

Eagles win the SB, Sixers in the midst of a big playoff run, Phils are a fun young team with a bright future, and the Flyers are...the Flyers. Going to be a fun time to be a Philly fan for a long time.

Reactions: RUScrew85
And yet 90% of Nova's student body are rich, white kids from North Jersey and Long Island. Not only geographically is Nova outside the city limits, but culturally it is as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: rufancoe00
It's still gonna contribute to Philadelphia being called Titletown if the Phillies and the 76ers come through.

And yet 90% of Nova's student body are rich, white kids from North Jersey and Long Island. Not only geographically is Nova outside the city limits, but culturally it is as well.
After all,it is a Catholic school,which naturally limits its appeal to non-Catholics.

Ok, let's get this back on track. Sure, I agree that Nova is definitely not a Philly school, but that's not what we're talking about.
The Phils look great right now, mostly because of their pitching. I think getting Hunter and Neshek back will really help, too. Kingery is slumping and Franco is Franco. Alfaro hasn't gotten it going yet and Crawford has finally over .200. If the kids can hit, things will get really interesting.

Ok, let's get this back on track. Sure, I agree that Nova is definitely not a Philly school, but that's not what we're talking about.
The Phils look great right now, mostly because of their pitching. I think getting Hunter and Neshek back will really help, too. Kingery is slumping and Franco is Franco. Alfaro hasn't gotten it going yet and Crawford has finally over .200. If the kids can hit, things will get really interesting.
Which is the ironic part as I thought the team would score runs early and often and have mediocre pitching outside of Nola and Arrieta.

I still can't believe the Sixers pulled that Game 4 win out of their asses. They had no business winning yesterday with 27 turnovers. They won because like the first 3 games, they dominated the 4th quarter. Only reason it wasn't a sweep was because they were too far behind in Game 2.

Phils also off to their best start at home in 40 years at 8-1. Looking forward to the series vs the DBacks as that's a legit playoff contender in the NL.

Didnt realized that the Phillies are looking good this year. The way people were talking about their manager, the media had them sounding like they were the Marlins and the fraudulent Jeter.

Somehow I'm watching 5 Phillies games this year: 3 up in Citi (including the DH) and 2 down there with the son and father. Here's hoping for a great season for all.

First 9-1 start at home since 1964.It's unlikely that Kapler will pitch Arrieta and Nola three times each on 2 days rest in the last 2 weeks of the season as did Mauch with Bunning and Short that year.

The East will be much better than people initially predicted this year. I think the Phils, Braves and Mets will be in it all year long along with the Nats.

I don't want to be pessimistic, but it seems to me the Phillies had a hot start in 2016 and then finished 71-91. OTOH, the Phils did sweep the Pirates today, and the Pirates had been leading their division.

I go early think the Phils will be serious contenders for both Harper and Machado. Not saying they'll land either one, but they're gonna throw money at them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT