ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2019 Mets Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cicero grimes

All American
Gold Member
Nov 23, 2015
Ok, the Mets broke camp and start the season on Thursday. What would your opening day lineup look like? Do you want 4 lefties in the 1-4 spots or do you prefer to break it up? Early on I will go with the following:

1. Nimmo - LF
2. McNeil - 3B
3. Cano - 2B
4. Conforto - RF
5. Ramos- C
6. Alonso - 1B
7. Lagares - CF
8. Pitcher
9. Rosario - SS

Ok, the Mets broke camp and start the season on Thursday. What would your opening day lineup look like? Do you want 4 lefties in the 1-4 spots or do you prefer to break it up? Early on I will go with the following:

1. Nimmo - LF
2. McNeil - 3B
3. Cano - 2B
4. Conforto - RF
5. Ramos- C
6. Alonso - 1B
7. Lagares - CF
8. Pitcher
9. Rosario - SS
Did you seek permission to start this thread? :sunglasses:
Is Smith injured, or is Alonso a better choice? Have not followed Spring training.

Will the bus make it from Syracuse to Washington, DC?

Reactions: cicero grimes
Did you seek permission to start this thread? :sunglasses:
Is Smith injured, or is Alonso a better choice? Have not followed Spring training.

Will the bus make it from Syracuse to Washington, DC?
Smith is healthy but Alonzo needs to play. Both had good springs.

1. Nimmo - LF
2. McNeil - 3B
3. Cano - 2B
4. Conforto - RF
5. Ramos- C
6. Alonso - 1B
7. Lagares - CF
8. Pitcher
9. Rosario - SS

I would move Rosario to 8th and the pitcher to 9th. The pitcher then could be used to bunt Rosario over if he is on base. No problem with the Lefties bunched. Get your best hitters up as much as possible. Eventually would be good if Alonso hits to move him to 3rd, Cano to 2nd and McNeil or Nimmo to 6th.

Anyone know if P Tim Peterson made it north? He looked good over the spring.

While nothing has been announced yet, and there's always the possibility of a late trade or waiver pickup, here's the likely 25 man roster the Mets will open with on Thursday:

STARTING PITCHERS
deGrom
Syndergaard
Wheeler
Matz
Vargas
No surprises there. This was a given from the start of camp.

RELIEF PITCHERS
Diaz
Wilson
Familia
Gsellman
Lugo
Avilan
Peterson - the only real surprise. At some point I'm sure the Mets will add one more bullpen arm.

INFIELDERS
Alonso
Smith
Cano
Rosario
McNeil
Guillorme
Davis
Biggest surprise IMO is Alonso making the team out of spring training. I was sure they'd hold him back for service time purposes. Give BVW credit, he's a man of his word. Smith also somewhat of a surprise as he'd been pretty much written off. Guillorme over Hechevarria another surprise. Davis will have some tough sledding to keep his spot when the injured guys return. Plus, they'll drop a bench player when they add a 13th pitcher.

OUTFIELDERS
Conforto
Nimmo
Lagares
Broxton
No real surprises. I suspect Mets would have liked to unload Lagares contract but no takers.

CATCHERS
Ramos
Nido - Big surprise there. Rivera in AAA and Mesoraco in limbo. Mets are thinking defense first in their backup catcher, and Nido's the best defensive catcher they have.

INJURED LIST
Frazier
Lowrie
d'Arnaud
Cespedes
Drew Smith

Thinking alot about the Mets D this year. I think up the middle it is much improved. Lagares when healthy is gold glover. Ramos will be an upgrade behind the plate. Rosario with another year should be solid with the glove and Cano is also solid but maybe lost a little range.

Where I worry is on the corners. Not sure how well McNeil fields at 3B. As much as I want to see him get PT, Todd was always solid on the corner. Not sure how well Alonso picks it at 1B. Outfield corners should be ok but Conforto and Nimmo are not winning gold gloves.

Overall, the Mets should be solid on D, but not as good as lets say the 2000 club. Still with healthy pitching and solid D, they can contend all year. It is going to be very interesting how this team incorporates Todd and Lowrie if both Alonso and McNeil produce in their absence.

Cannot wait for the season to start. 24 hours away. Lets Go Mets!

Lagares is such a waste. Shame Lowrie and Frazier are hurt otherwise McNeil would be in outfield instead of lagares

And here we go...
Nationals Park

Washington, D.C.
63° F
Tickets as low as $30
Line: WSH -136
O/U: 6.5
Probable Pitchers
  • i

Jacob deGrom NYM
  • i

Max Scherzer WSH
1:05 PM ET

Mets

(0-0, 0-0 away)

Nationals

(0-0, 0-0 Home)

We should have a counter for each time a yankee troll tries to hijack this thread. BTW, what is the over/under on that one?

Reactions: tico brown
There are actually Yankee asshat fans that do discuss baseball and I welcome it.

As for my thoughts...best all around team we have put out there in years...

Have to stay healthy

There are actually Yankee asshat fans that do discuss baseball and I welcome it.

As for my thoughts...best all around team we have put out there in years...

Have to stay healthy
Yankee fans that wish to discuss baseball are totally welcome- they are not asshats. The asshats know who they are.

Does Cespedes play later this year?

Reactions: tico brown
Yankee fans that wish to discuss baseball are totally welcome- they are not asshats. The asshats know who they are.

Does Cespedes play later this year?
I believe Cespedes comes back earlier than expected, if the Mets are in contention. At that point, I'm not so sure I'd want him to rock the boat and screw up whatever chemistry they might have going with playing time and positions for players involved. Never thought I'd think that, but I really like the makeup of this team. Time will tell, as most fans we are eternal optimists,lol.

1. Nimmo - LF
2. McNeil - 3B
3. Cano - 2B
4. Conforto - RF
5. Ramos- C
6. Alonso - 1B
7. Lagares - CF
8. Pitcher
9. Rosario - SS
Personally I'd bat Rosario second in front of Cano. Adds a righty up there but more importantly would give him plenty of good pitches to hit. Then you just hope he lives up to his prospect rankings. In my view he is key to a having a good season.

I believe Cespedes comes back earlier than expected, if the Mets are in contention. At that point, I'm not so sure I'd want him to rock the boat and screw up whatever chemistry they might have going with playing time and positions for players involved. Never thought I'd think that, but I really like the makeup of this team. Time will tell, as most fans we are eternal optimists,lol.
I don't think it's a question of if, barring the unforeseen or misfortune.

Ok. A couple of hours to go before the first pitch. Any predictions on Alonso's numbers. I am going with .280 BA 20 HR 85 RBI.

I predict DeGrom is on the DL before the summer hits .
Need to look back at this page in August . That’s always fun.

Ok. A couple of hours to go before the first pitch. Any predictions on Alonso's numbers. I am going with .280 BA 20 HR 85 RBI.
I think better power numbers but lower BA. If he plays at least 140 games- .255/28/70

I predict DeGrom is on the DL before the summer hits .
Need to look back at this page in August . That’s always fun.
Yankee fan?

Reactions: cicero grimes
Your Opening Day lineup! LGM!!!!!!

1. Nimmo LF
2. Alonso 1B
3. Cano 2B
4. Conforto RF
5. Ramos C
6. McNeil 3B
7. Rosario SS
8. Lagares CF
9. deGrom SP

I think later in the year, we see McNeil and Alonso swap. I feel like they want to try to protect the kid early in the season batting him 2nd with Cano and Comforto batting after him. And man, feels good to once again have a catcher batting in a power spot.

We just need to stay healthy

You can tell me to go to hell and all but all due respect, keep this out, esp since the mimrods havent appeared yet. Trust me, no one cares about the Yanks but this proves them right.

DeGrom gets out of a 1st and 3rd one out jam with Rendon hitting into a DP. LGM!

You can tell me to go to hell and all but all due respect, keep this out, esp since the mimrods havent appeared yet. Trust me, no one cares about the Yanks but this proves them right.
I haven't posted in their Hot Stove thread in about 2 months,which is way more than I can say about them,lol. I kind of miss poking the cage though.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT