ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2019 Mets Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I love opening day, I hate the off day right after. Would rather play Fri, Sat and Sun with two days off the following week.

Teams yesterday combined for iirc 27 k's. One half of the 54 outs in a game never put the ball in play.
It's for the players. Not the fans. The rookies and newly acquired players have to get their logistics in order. Same thing will happen for the Mets when they return home. For example players such as Alonso, Smith, Guillorme, Peterson whose statuses was not determined until the very end of spring training, have to lock in their living arrangements.

very nice start...hoping for the best and a postseason berth but give me good old NL baseball and I will be happy

I am really enthused about getting my butt on the 7 train to see some games...and glad Jake got the big $ instead of Harvey

It's for the players. Not the fans. The rookies and newly acquired players have to get their logistics in order. Same thing will happen for the Mets when they return home. For example players such as Alonso, Smith, Guillorme, Peterson whose statuses was not determined until the very end of spring training, have to lock in their living arrangements.

No it's not. It's in case there is a rain out not so the players can get their things in order. It's why if you have a dome or in warm weather they generally do play the next day.

No it's not. It's in case there is a rain out not so the players can get their things in order. It's why if you have a dome or in warm weather they generally do play the next day.
If what you're claiming is correct then why are they playing in Milwaukee tonight? There's no dome and it certainly won't be exactly balmy in Milwaukee at 8pm on March 29th.

If what you're claiming is correct then why are they playing in Milwaukee tonight? There's no dome and it certainly won't be exactly balmy in Milwaukee at 8pm on March 29th.
Im sure Milwaukee's retractable roof will be closed if its not balmy at 8pm on March 29th.

Reactions: Zak57
Old friend Matt Harvey pitched pretty well for the LAA last night. Syndergaard v. Strasburg today. Looking forward to being able to watch.

Old friend Matt Harvey pitched pretty well for the LAA last night. Syndergaard v. Strasburg today. Looking forward to being able to watch.
While everyone always loves to see hitting and HR's- there was something special about seeing possibly the two best pitchers in the game go at it on opening day. To top it off- to see the Met's make good fielding plays and then just about perfect relief. I really enjoyed a "throw back" game. It would be great to see Thor/Strasburg at the top of their games today as well.

Reactions: tico brown
Shouldve came as a free agent BEFORE he went to Tampa. That was the year after he got hurt and wouldve been on the clearance rack for Sandy/The Wilpons. But im glad hes here now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT