ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2019 PGA Tour Thread

It took a year but Kisner finished the job. Apparently he is a pretty good match player.

Kuch’s rep takes another hit.
To me, it does. But to a lot of people, the rules are the rules. Reminds me of a guy in my club who waited for a guy to putt in a club championship match, knowing he had not returned his ball after marking it and moving the marker. He just said, "You lose the hole" and walked away. If you know, you're obligated to tell your opponent on a moral, gentleman's game, basis. Just like that putt was the gimme of all gimme's. Kuchar should have just walked off and said nothing.

At least the guy in my club had the nerve to do it openly and unapologetically. Kuchar's
convoluted explanation about not wanting the break the rules,...give me a break. Made it all a magnitude worse and yet another loss of respect for the guy. Crappy thing to do.

Reactions: jtung230
My golf sensai taught me to be a stickler for the rules. It’s odd to play with people who don’t abide by them.

One of my buddies in San Diego is one of those guys. Never heard the term breakfast ball till I played with him.

Kuchar was right but could have conceded the next hole to make it fair.

Kuchar is 100% correct and Garica acknowledged it was his fault. But it's the way kuchar did it made it douche move. He pretended it wasn't up to him and he was indifferent. But he wanted it and got it. Just don't be two face about it.

To me, it does. But to a lot of people, the rules are the rules. Reminds me of a guy in my club who waited for a guy to putt in a club championship match, knowing he had not returned his ball after marking it and moving the marker. He just said, "You lose the hole" and walked away. Just like that putt was the gimme of all gimme's. Kuchar should have just walked off and said nothing.

At least the guy in my club had the nerve to do it openly and unapologetically. Kuchar's
convoluted explanation about not wanting the break the rules,...give me a break. Made it all a magnitude worse and yet another loss of respect for the guy. Crappy thing to do.
There is a rule in golf the prohibits giving or asking for advice. This includes telling someone how to play a shot. The guy at your club was 100% correct. Kucher was correct as well.

My golf sensai taught me to be a stickler for the rules. It’s odd to play with people who don’t abide by them.

One of my buddies in San Diego is one of those guys. Never heard the term breakfast ball till I played with him.

Kuchar was right but could have conceded the next hole to make it fair.
I had a 7 course meal during my round at Crandon key Biscayne. LOL

Really depends on the situation. I was hungover and we weren't playing for money. Just trying to keep the round moving.

Last edited:
I had a 7 course meal during my round at Crandon key Biscayne. LOL

Really depends on the situation. I was hungover and we weren't playing for money. Just trying to keep the round moving.

When are you back out? I should be ready to play soon.

Played my first nine of the year yesterday. LOL. Mercer East - a links course, so it's wide open - the winds must have been 40MPH gusting to 50+. I hit a 4 hybrid to a 129 yard par three pin high. LOL. Crazy.

Kuchar is 100% correct and Garica acknowledged it was his fault. But it's the way kuchar did it made it douche move. He pretended it wasn't up to him and he was indifferent. But he wanted it and got it. Just don't be two face about it.

giving a putt that's a "gimmie", is one thing.

giving a putt that's already been missed, after the fact, is another.

that said, the whole giving putts thing imo has gotten away from players just giving true "gimmies", and i see a ton of "missable" putts being given, or opponents lobbying with glances for them to be given, as if it's some kind of poor sportsmanship thing to not give a 3 footer.

fine with me if the USGA, PGA, and R&A, all do away with the whole "that's good" thing altogether in match play, and play everything out unless the hole has already been won.

that would take the pressure off players to give missable putts, or somehow look less "sportsman like", and eliminate controversies when players just screw up, like in SG's case.

the "it's good" thing serves no real purpose, and places a burden on some players who just don't need another burden on them.

just do away with the "it's good" thing altogether, till the hole has been already decided.

all future problems solved in advance.

I am still deliberating my picks. I have to make them for a pool so am being extra analytical.

I like Fowler as one though.

Did anyone watch the final round of the women's World Amateur tourney from Augusta National? I just love seeing any golf at that grand venue and this has been pretty fun to watch, as there are some seriously talented women players at this event. The duel between Kupcho and Fassi on the back nine was very entertaining, with Kupcho pulling away on the last 2 holes to win by 4. Also, nice to see Augusta becoming an active sponsor of equal opportunity for women after their checkered history on that front.

Reactions: Abro1975
Did anyone watch the final round of the women's World Amateur tourney from Augusta National? I just love seeing any golf at that grand venue and this has been pretty fun to watch, as there are some seriously talented women players at this event. The duel between Kupcho and Fassi on the back nine was very entertaining, with Kupcho pulling away on the last 2 holes to win by 4. Also, nice to see Augusta becoming an active sponsor of equal opportunity for women after their checkered history on that front.

I was flipping around from RU Baseball and Ru Softball , plus the Mens and LPGA this afternoon. I didn't notice what channel the Women's Amateur championship was on, I also wanted to check it out a bit.

The "Live" part just means the studio show is there live.

yes,

apparently The Golf Channel did experiment with a "Weekend at Bernie's" inspired panel show, but viewers started tuning out after watching only a few hours of the propped up bodies just siting their motionless, saying nothing.

The Masters Broadcast Schedule:

Thursday, April 11

• 6-8 a.m.: Morning Drive (Golf Channel)
  • 8 a.m – 3 p.m.: Live from the Masters (Golf Channel)
  • 7:45-8:30 a.m.: Honorary Starters (Masters.com)
  • 8:30-10:30 a.m.: On the Range (Masters.com)
  • 10 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.: Featured group coverage (Masters.com)
  • 10:45 a.m. – 6 p.m.: Amen Corner live feed (Masters.com)
  • 11:45 a.m. – 7 p.m.: Holes 15 and 16 live feed (Masters.com)
  • 3 -7:30 p.m.: First-round broadcast coverage (ESPN)
  • 8 – 11 p.m.: Replay of first day (ESPN)
  • 11:35 – 11:50 p.m.: Highlights show (CBS)
Friday, April 12

• 6-8 a.m.: Morning Drive (Golf Channel)
  • 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.: Live from the Masters (Golf Channel)
  • 8:30-10:30 a.m.: On the Range (Masters.com)
  • 10 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.: Featured group coverage (Masters.com)
  • 10:45 a.m. – 6 p.m.: Amen Corner live feed (Masters.com)
  • 11:45 a.m. – 7 p.m.: Holes 15 and 16 live feed (Masters.com)
  • 3-7:30 p.m.: First-round broadcast coverage (ESPN)
  • 8 – 11 p.m.: Replay of second day (ESPN)
  • 11:35 – 11:50 p.m.: Highlights show (CBS)
Saturday, April 13

• 7-9 a.m.: Morning Drive (Golf Channel)
  • 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.: Live from the Masters (Golf Channel)
  • 11 a.m. – 1 pm: On the Range (Masters.com)
  • 11:15 a.m. – 7 pm: Featured group coverage (Masters.com)
  • 12:30-6 p.m.: Amen Corner live feed (Masters.com)
  • 1:30-6:30 p.m.: Holes 15 and 16 live feed (Masters.com)
  • 3-7 p.m.: Third-round broadcast coverage (CBS)
  • 7 p.m.: Replay of third round (CBS Sports Network)
Sunday, April 14

• 7-9 a.m.: Morning Drive (Golf Channel)
  • 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.: Live from the Masters (Golf Channel)
  • 10:45 a.m. – 7 p.m.: Featured group coverage (Masters.com)
  • 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.: On the Range (Masters.com)
  • 12-6 p.m.: Amen Corner live feed (Masters.com)
  • 1-6:30 p.m.: Holes 15 and 16 live feed (Masters.com)
  • 2-7 p.m.: Final-round broadcast coverage (CBS)
  • 7 p.m.: Green Jacket ceremony (Masters.com/CBS)
  • 7 p.m.: Replay of third round (CBS Sports Network)
ESPN will also be broadcasting SportsCenter live from Augusta National throughout the week.

https://golfweek.com/2019/04/04/2019-masters-golf-week-tv-schedule/

Related
Eamon's Corner: Sergio Garcia continues to be mired in controversy
Golfers find dog snatched by owl in Arizona
Augusta's Other Corner: Nos. 4, 5 & 6 can force players to hang on for dear life
64 shares
tweet

Looking forward to the Par 3 tournament and the stories from the Champions Dinner. My favorite week in sports.
I want to see a top player stand up and say I want to be the first to win the Par 3 and the Masters. People look at it as a jinx but many don't try to win the Par 3 so it really isnt a jinx. And to one of my favorite players some advice. Tony Finau please don't run down the fairway after a hole in one [laughing]

Tiger, Tiger, Tiger

Colllecting my winnings from Bus and Cali.
I saw Tiger is 129th in birdie/par 5. That won't play this week.

I do see him gutting out a Top Ten.

I think Rory does it finally. DJ second. JT 3rd setting him up for a nice season.

[QUOTE="RuSnp, post: 3817799, member: 1456"]I saw Tiger is 129th in birdie/par 5. That won't play this week.

I think Rory does it finally. DJ second. JT 3rd setting him up for a nice season.[/QUOTE]

Is this @Caliknight under a second screen name [roll]

[QUOTE="RuSnp, post: 3817799, member: 1456"]I saw Tiger is 129th in birdie/par 5. That won't play this week.

I think Rory does it finally. DJ second. JT 3rd setting him up for a nice season.

Is this @Caliknight under a second screen name [roll][/QUOTE]
No I'll be rooting for Tiger. I just think he isn't playing well enough right now to do it at this particular tournament.

https://www.pgatour.com/stats/stat.114.html

Reactions: WhiteBus
Looking forward to the Par 3 tournament and the stories from the Champions Dinner. My favorite week in sports.
I want to see a top player stand up and say I want to be the first to win the Par 3 and the Masters. People look at it as a jinx but many don't try to win the Par 3 so it really isnt a jinx. And to one of my favorite players some advice. Tony Finau please don't run down the fairway after a hole in one [laughing]

Damn, that still hurts just thinking about it, lol. My favorite golf week, too - hoping to attend in person next year (a good friend lives in Atlanta and his wealthy FIL gets tix every year). I don't usually go with the favorites, but I'm thinking this is Rory's tournament. And here's an entertaining article on a bunch of off-course stories...

https://www.cbssports.com/golf/news...story-tiger-woods-wears-a-tiger-on-his-shirt/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT