ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2019 PGA Tour Thread

what he said.

wtf is it with this crapola where they only show half the field on thurs and fri in most tournaments.

a golf channel and a half dozen other sports channels, and no other sports going on on thurs and fri afternoons, and they only show half the field each day even in big tournaments.

beyond absurd.

wonder whether this was Fox stepping up, or the fact that it was on the west cost, and they could come on air at 12:30 pm and still show everything.
TV coverage is not dictated by the network. How much is televised is up to the PGA Tour, Augusta National, Royal and Ancient and in this case the USGA.

Fox coverage has definitely gotten better. Buck remains unlistenable - case in point him calling the deer a "U.S. citizen" - WTF. However, at 7:30 I kept it on FS1 and didn't have to listen to Buck. The downside was they only showed the Koepka and Woods groups. Well worth the tradeoff to me.

Reactions: phs73rc77gsm83
Not a good look by Jordan Spieth after blaming his caddie for his two errant shots on #8 yesterday.

Poulter just whiffed on an odd stance shot from the fringe of a bunker. I assume that counts as a shot, can't hear the commentary.

This course is tough. So many changes. Wind is slightly up and those greens getting hard and fast. Should be a great weekend

Poulter just whiffed on an odd stance shot from the fringe of a bunker. I assume that counts as a shot, can't hear the commentary.

that was one of the most bizarre/brain dead things i've ever seen.

absolutely bizarre.

no f'ing idea what his thought process was.

yes, he would have had to play it back in his stance, but he definitely had room to take a more traditional stance and play it off his back foot with a lob wedge.

world record contender for over thinking it.

88898a22d68365f8b28110bfd4b595b1

Last edited:
Think Rose takes it. Woodland’s luck is all used up. Would like to see someone from 4 or 5 (Rory) back put some pressure on the final group.

Reactions: Knightmoves
Will be interesting to see if the final round today becomes a match play event between Woodland and Rose, or if they bring the rest of the field into play to win.

Woodland has a strong game, but not typically at this level. Oostheizen, Koepka and a few others are still in the mix.

Should be a great finish tonite.

Best swing ever?? Fred Couples has the best swing ever. 2nd isn't even close and that belongs to Ben Hogan.

i'll agree on Rory and Fred.

the common thread being freakish physical range of motion abilities. (flexibility).

i think Freddie was double jointed on top of otherwise being very flexible, and not even other tour players who are freakishly flexible themselves, have the range of motion in their trunk that Rory does. (and i question if Rory didn't lose a hair of that when he bulked up).

before his bulk up, i freeze framed Rory at the top of his follow through one time. the midpoint of his shoulders was pointed almost 180 degrees opposite of where his belt buckle was pointed. (looked like a circus contortionist).

no matter how rhythmic and coordinated and skilled normal humans are, they never will have the range of motion to swing like Rory and Freddie, which is what allows them to have the long beautiful graceful swings they have/had.

and that long swing is what facilitates their power, as it allows them more time/arc to generate speed on their downswing.

it's one thing to go vertical or past on your back swing by hinging more at the wrist and hands and knees.

it's another, to be able to do it with the big muscles in your trunk and back.

Last edited:
Lots of fireworks today - Koepka on fire, as are a few others, but Woodland also playing well, while Rose is struggling, but not out of it at all - at this point, Woodland up by 2 over Koepka and 3 over Rose. Fun to watch. Probably rooting for Woodland, as he's a ton more likable than Koepka, for me. Love that clip of him with the young girl with Down's Syndrome from a practice round at the Waste Mgmt tourney earlier this year. If you're a dad (and even if not), you'll get a little choked up over this video.

https://www.golf.com/news/2019/06/16/gary-woodland-us-open-leader-starred-pga-tour-viral-video/

Koepka making some mistakes.
Yeah, parring 6 was like a bogey, then the missed putt at 7, but he got very lucky to make bogey on 8 with that 2nd shot in the knee high grass. The one time I played Pebble, I remember taking two shots to get out of that crap and taking a 7, lol (after being even through 7).

Rose missing putts today that were routine the first 3 rounds

Rose two big par saving putts on 10 and 11. Koepka not making it easy on himself

Thought he won it on 14 when he went for it with his second shot, 17 iced it. Just has to finish it off on 18.

First those I am not picking to win. Tiger. Believe he can have a great round. Same for Phil.
DJ. People say he is due. Has played very well but seems to make a fatal mistake at a big moment. Check Rory. So rare these days to win back to back tournaments. Check
The course setup does not favor the long hitters so more players are in the mix to win. Scott, Kucher, Rose, Molinari. Check A first time major winner? I'll go with yes. Just have a feeling. CHECK.
Hey @superfan01 how you like me now?? :sunglasses:
Congrats Gary Woodland you played great all week. Welcome to the club.

Last edited:
Reactions: superfan01
You know what I really love about this generation of golfers is that so many stick around to congratulate the winner. It's awesome that they have so much respect for each other.

Reactions: wisr01 and RU848789
Woodland just gave us the double middle fingers..LOL

Congrats to him on a great round. I think he broke the record with fewest bogeys at the US Open.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT