ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2019 PGA Tour Thread

For the first time this week the winds are down at Kapalua and it shows how defenseless this course is on a normal day. Shauffelle shots a course tying 62 wins the tournament by 1 after Woodland misses a 7 foot birdie putt on 18 to tie.

Poor Woodland. Goes in with a 3 stroke lead, shoots 5 under and loses. Xander played lights out obviously.

Poor Woodland. Goes in with a 3 stroke lead, shoots 5 under and loses. Xander played lights out obviously.
Woodland putted very well except on 18, although he lost because his chip was short, his weakest part of his game was putting but if he has figured it out he will win this year.
Onto the Sony Open and the first field.

For the first time this week the winds are down at Kapalua and it shows how defenseless this course is on a normal day. Shauffelle shots a course tying 62 wins the tournament by 1 after Woodland misses a 7 foot birdie putt on 18 to tie.

Just caught the highlights on the Golf Channel - wow! Schauffele hit some amazing shots after that opening bogey, especially holing out from about 100 yards for eagle on 12 to cut the lead to 1. Tough loss for Woodland, shooting 5 under and losing to a guy who shoots 11 under - wasn't like he choked.

Just caught the highlights on the Golf Channel - wow! Schauffele hit some amazing shots after that opening bogey, especially holing out from about 100 yards for eagle on 12 to cut the lead to 1. Tough loss for Woodland, shooting 5 under and losing to a guy who shoots 11 under - wasn't like he choked.
He certainly didn't choke but played 18 poorly. Still got par but needed that birdie. His post round interview was great. A guy full of confidence

I watched the Seve movie on the Golf Channel for the first time last night. Production wise was meh. But it was awesome in many ways. First and foremost the kid that played young Seve could actually play the game and studied all of Seve's characteristics and looked like Seve would have as a young teenager. The story telling was spectacular. And yes I did cry at the end.

Last edited:
So it's on to the island of Oahu and the beautiful Wai'alae Country Club. Full field and in prime time! Winds are down today so chances are high for some low scores.

Koooooch. A great win by a great player and a fan favorite. Matt Kucher finshes a strong week at the Sony Open. Hope he has a great year.

So on to the Bob Hope Classic. Yes, yes I know it's now the Desert Classic but like the Bing Crosby at Pebble Beach these great tournement of my youth will always be as they were when I grew up.
As so many wait for Tiger next week, Phil just shot a 12 under 60! Turns this weekend as must see if he can maintain the strong play.

Reactions: wisr01
So on to the Bob Hope Classic. Yes, yes I know it's now the Desert Classic but like the Bing Crosby at Pebble Beach these great tournement of my youth will always be as they were when I grew up.
As so many wait for Tiger next week, Phil just shot a 12 under 60! Turns this weekend as must see if he can maintain the strong play.
He's freaking 48 (I think?) and shot -12 and leads by 3 currently. What a round.

Last edited:
Reactions: WhiteBus
Followed it up with a 68. Very impressive. I got my 1st 3 rounds in 2019 but didn’t shoot 60 or 68.

Reactions: WhiteBus
Highly recommend crandon golf at key biscayne. One of the best public out there.

Ran into Speith and Adam Scott today playing. Great guys. Fun to watch them play. It’s a different game compared to what we are all doing.

Lost in last week's news cycle covering Phil Mickelson's 60 was the other big news. For the first time in 29 years Phil will not be teeing it up at Torre Pines. He is cutting back on his play and his success at the South Coursr abruptly ended with the design change back in 2001. Unfortunately his game no longer fits his former home town course. He'll play Phoenix and Pebble and take a few weeks off before defending his title at the WGC in Mexico.

Not to worry, Tiger is in the field and tees off at 1:40pm EST

Lost in last week's news cycle covering Phil Mickelson's 60 was the other big news. For the first time in 29 years Phil will not be teeing it up at Torre Pines. He is cutting back on his play and his success at the South Coursr abruptly ended with the design change back in 2001. Unfortunately his game no longer fits his former home town course. He'll play Phoenix and Pebble and take a few weeks off before defending his title at the WGC in Mexico.

Not to worry, Tiger is in the field and tees off at 1:40pm EST

John Rahm is betting fav at 10-1. Believe Tiger is 14-1.

Best part of this thread is that is no mention of Woods from the haters or defenders. Keep up the good work and glad golf is back.

A PGA tourney came on TV after a basketball game on CBS and they mentioned leaving the flag in the hole.. and I immediately thought that this was to speed up the game. Do you golfers think its going to do that?

The new rules for 2019

I saw that yesterday during Farmers and was like wth? One benefit for viewers is being able to see where the hole is better on tv long shots.

Reactions: Abro1975
Yea, it takes so much time to remove the pin or put it in... Dumbass rule change.

What's the downside to be able to leave it in?
Don't think there is a downside, I guess there could be a rocket putt that bounces off the pin where maybe without the pin it hits the back of the cup and drops in. I just don't like it.

It will speed up play if everyone on the green leaves it in, but might slow play if the pin has to be taken in and out for different players.

I have always left it in when putting from off the green and will opt to leave it in always from now on. Per Dave Peltz Short Game Bible, it is an advantage on most puts to leave it in (Peltz is a former rocket scientist).

Rose is on a roll. He has a great pre-shot routine that keeps him focused and prepared.
Watched a lot yesterday . Rahm needs to control his temper. It kills his round

Reactions: wisr01
On putts of 10 feet or less the pin is a good alignment aid because you can see it as you stand over the ball. I also like it on short putts due to the extra alignment factor.

Don’t we all putt better prior to the round on the putting green with those little flags in them? May also improve our ability to get the ball to the hole on shorter putts. I’m all in with leaving the pin in.

Rose is on a roll. He has a great pre-shot routine that keeps him focused and prepared.
Watched a lot yesterday . Rahm needs to control his temper. It kills his round
I see a lot of myself in John Rahm (attitude wise because I am a lot better looking) and hope he will learn much faster than I did that his attitude is destructive on the course. Has to reel it in a bit.

Reactions: Knightmoves
I see a lot of myself in John Rahm (attitude wise because I am a lot better looking) and hope he will learn much faster than I did that his attitude is destructive on the course. Has to reel it in a bit.

True. I’ve always seen a lot of Mickey Mantle in myself, but lacked his speed and power at the plate.

Great post!

ADVERTISEMENT