ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2019 PGA Tour Thread

True. I’ve always seen a lot of Mickey Mantle in myself, but lacked his speed and power at the plate.

Great post!
In all seriousness, I do hope he learns to better control his anger because he is very talented.

I see a lot of myself in John Rahm (attitude wise because I am a lot better looking) and hope he will learn much faster than I did that his attitude is destructive on the course. Has to reel it in a bit.
When I first started playing the game I had an old canvas golf bag that was older than myself. I'm one of six and money was tight but on my 17th birthday my mom sacrificed and bought me a new great carry bag. Less than 2 weeks later, after a big drive, I hit a fat shot short of the green. I had a bad temper and tossed the club and after a few a helicopter spins the club hit the bottom of the bag and created a big hole in the bottom. Thankfully I worked at the course and the greenskeeper was able to create a new bottom. From that day on I have never thrown a club. I curse a lot on the course but learned the important lesson to get ready for the next shot. My mom never found out and my bad temper as a youth was over. Maybe one of my best life lessons.

Reactions: wisr01
When I first started playing the game I had an old canvas golf bag that was older than myself. I'm one of six and money was tight but on my 17th birthday my mom sacrificed and bought me a new great carry bag. Less than 2 weeks later, after a big drive, I hit a fat shot short of the green. I had a bad temper and tossed the club and after a few a helicopter spins the club hit the bottom of the bag and created a big hole in the bottom. Thankfully I worked at the course and the greenskeeper was able to create a new bottom. From that day on I have never thrown a club. I curse a lot on the course but learned the important lesson to get ready for the next shot. My mom never found out and my bad temper as a youth was over. Maybe one of my best life lessons.
I have had my share of blowouts on the course. I too learned quickly not to throw clubs in anger. I had a brand new driver and after a couple of bad drives I had said this POS is no better than my old one and helicoptered it up the fairway and broke the shaft. That was 30 years ago, and I have never thrown a club again.

As for my temper, I am ashamed for some of the things I have said in the last 35 years on course. When I watch Rahm's behavior I feel sorry because I know what he is feeling. Gotta dial it back and relax like @RUBigJ on course. I can honestly say I have played many hundreds of rounds with him and NEVER ONCE seen him curse or behave badly. Not once... a true gentle giant.

Last edited:
Reactions: WhiteBus
I’ve got 7 rounds in this year. I have yet to see a ball hit the pin and bounce out. I have yet to hear of a person say they hit the ball that would have went in and it bounced out. Played in an 18 hole pR 3 tournament yesterday. Pins were in on 90% of all putts all lengths.

Leaving pins in will be the new norm very shortly. The stated concerns are just not showing up.

Reactions: Knightmoves
When can they change the rule back? The USGA admitted that they were not even thinking about competitive advantage, only pace of play. Idiots.

When can they change the rule back? The USGA admitted that they were not even thinking about competitive advantage, only pace of play. Idiots.
What’s the advantage? It’s optional for the player. Scoring hasn’t been impacted. I did blame the rule when I left my par put short by 5 ft. Only if that pin was out.....

Bryson DeChambeau smokes the field in Dubai Desert Classic. Wins by 7, sets tournament record. His first win outside the US.

Reactions: wisr01
Once again we have to deal with the Tiger Woods media hype/ BS / whatever you want to call it. Woods is currently tied for 44th place, 13 strokes behind Justin Rose. What does Yahoo Sports have in their headline.

"Live Leaderboard: Tiger and field try to catch Rose in final round of Farmer's"

I can't take the Tiger drool anymore. They really need to do better.

Once again we have to deal with the Tiger Woods media hype/ BS / whatever you want to call it. Woods is currently tied for 44th place, 13 strokes behind Justin Rose. What does Yahoo Sports have in their headline.

"Live Leaderboard: Tiger and field try to catch Rose in final round of Farmer's"

I can't take the Tiger drool anymore. They really need to do better.

It's all about the clicks. And even the haters , like you, click the articles.
He's the biggest name ever to play the game, the straw that stirs the drink, the guy that makes TV ratings quadruple. What do you expect the marketing guys to do? Write about Wun Hung Lo from S Korea?

Reactions: twak and rurx1228
He's the biggest name ever to play the game, the straw that stirs the drink, the guy that makes TV ratings quadruple. What do you expect the marketing guys to do? Write about Wun Hung Lo from S Korea?
Way to be racist.

Reactions: Caliknight
Wow really?!

Reactions: soundcrib
I’ve got 7 rounds in this year. I have yet to see a ball hit the pin and bounce out. I have yet to hear of a person say they hit the ball that would have went in and it bounced out. Played in an 18 hole pR 3 tournament yesterday. Pins were in on 90% of all putts all lengths.

Leaving pins in will be the new norm very shortly. The stated concerns are just not showing up.

Adam Scott or Justin Rose (always get them confused) kept the pin in on a 1'10" putt. Missed it.

Adam Scott or Justin Rose (always get them confused) kept the pin in on a 1'10" putt. Missed it.
Scott, he's a bit of a head case between keeping pin in all the time now and anchoring the putter before it became illegal.

It’s disengenous - he’s not remotely in contention. It’s no different then the political news with Trump. “Trump farted in church today, Democrats revolt.”

1. Hi7BSXyE_bigger.jpg
    Tiger Tracker‏Verified account@GCTigerTracker 30m30 minutes ago

1. Overall a pretty chipper media session. A back-nine 31 will help that cause. Now it’s two weeks off before getting back after it at Riv.
  2. 4 replies 4 retweets 139 likes
  3. Thanks. Twitter will use this to make your timeline better. Undo
    Undo
  1. Said he got better and “cleaner” with each round this week. Pleased to have shown signs of progress while knocking off the rust.
  2. 3 replies 3 retweets 167 likes
    Undo
  1. Tiger asked if the shirt today was pink or red. Answered simply “Yes.”
  2. 11 replies 44 retweets 456 likes
    Undo
  1. Because Tracker was curious, Tiger's shirt color is listed as "Gym Red/Pure" on the Nike web site. Guess that settles it.
  2. 38 replies 31 retweets 398 likes
    Undo

World #1 Justin Rose wins by 2 over Adam Scott.

What a great two weeks for Talor Gooch who is not exempt this season and is playing on limited status (139th last year). He finished 4th last week to get into this week's tournament and then finished 3rd this week. He is now in the field next week at the Waste Management.

In the latest odds Rose has passed Tiger and now the Masters favorite at 12-1. Tiger tied for 2nd at 14-1 with a number of players including Spieth. I haven't decided who I'm going with. I won with Sergio in '17 and had a T15 with Casey's weekend move in '18.

Can you bet golf futures at MP? Never been there.

In the latest odds Rose has passed Tiger and now the Masters favorite at 12-1. Tiger tied for 2nd at 14-1 with a number of players including Spieth. I haven't decided who I'm going with. I won with Sergio in '17 and had a T15 with Casey's weekend move in '18.

Just do it online or on one of the apps. They should definitely have it.

Yes and weekly every tournament.

great call on Sergio in 2017. I thought he had a solid 0.00000% chance winning a major.

I really enjoy watching this tournament. So different than all the rest. It's just a giant party surrounding a golf tournament. Looks packed again.

And keep saying you're not a hater...we all know better.
Anyway Varner's putt for birdie on 16 was awesome, the crowd loved it and he gives them the dab to celebrate. Awesome stuff
This is fun tournament. Phil birdied the last to shoot -3.

Reactions: WhiteBus
And keep saying you're not a hater...we all know better.
Anyway Varner's putt for birdie on 16 was awesome, the crowd loved it and he gives them the dab to celebrate. Awesome stuff

I am a lover of top level golf. Tiger isn't it anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT