ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2019 PGA Tour Thread

Did anyone see Chesson Hadley play #17 today? Drove it on the front of the green on the par 4. He then tries a long putt towards the hole. The ball goes left, picks up speed and rolls into the water.

He makes double bogey 6 on a par 4 where he drove the green. 17 is a great risk/reward hole at TPC Scottsdale.

Reactions: WhiteBus
It's all about the clicks. And even the haters , like you, click the articles.
He's the biggest name ever to play the game, the straw that stirs the drink, the guy that makes TV ratings quadruple. What do you expect the marketing guys to do? Write about Wun Hung Lo from S Korea?

You’re an ignorant piece of shit

Did anyone see Chesson Hadley play #17 today? Drove it on the front of the green on the par 4. He then tries a long putt towards the hole. The ball goes left, picks up speed and rolls into the water.

He makes double bogey 6 on a par 4 where he drove the green. 17 is a great risk/reward hole at TPC Scottsdale.

On 17 Phil was just short of the green, about 100' from the pin today. Hit his chip over the green and scrambled for a bogey. Proves a hole doesn't have to be long.

Midway through the 2nd road it looked like JT was going to pull away, Fowler missing short putts and than bingo Fowler starts draining them. Birdies last 4 holes. Was all in with the crowd on the 16th tee. Amazing.

I was up at 4:30 am and the golf channel had the European tour on. D Johnson is playing in it. It’s the complete opposite of WM. There were maybe 10 people in the crowd.

RIP Alice Dye. The First Lady of golf course architecture. As important to many of the famous courses her husband Pete Dye is credited for. It was Alice's idea for the island green at the TPC Sawgrass. One of the most famous holes in golf. She was also a great player. They were a team as golf architect's. Finally getting her recognition .

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/alice-dye-first-lady-golf-course-architecture-dies-91

Reactions: jtung230 and RutHut
This European tour event must be a money laundering event.
They’re in the “Middle East” portion of their schedule now...Saudi Arabia this week.

Unlike the American tour, you can give players appearance fees over there.. you can be assured DJ is getting at least a million just to show up.

Reactions: Caliknight
This European tour event must be a money laundering event.
None of the Tour stops in the Middle East or Africa draw crowds at all. It like watching a college tournament with just a few people on each hole. Some really nice courses over there however.

None of the Tour stops in the Middle East or Africa draw crowds at all. It like watching a college tournament with just a few people on each hole. Some really nice courses over there however.
Outside of a few important events, I don’t think they show up in Europe either Bus

Outside of a few important events, I don’t think they show up in Europe either Bus
Well they really don't play in western Europe until after the Masters. Until than its Middle East, Africa, India and China. Even so they don't get US size crowds until they play the stretch on the British Isles. But this Middle East stretch is always a ghost town.

I was up at 4:45 am this morning and watched Li's entire round...4 eagles and two birdies. Finished with two eagles to tie DJ.

WTF - Sergio. DQ’d for damaging 5 greens. My sons friend rents their house out every year during the Players. About 4-5 years ago Sergio tented it. When the family got back in the saw a hammock was gone from the lanai. They contacted rental agent who contacted Sergio’s agent. The response was Sergio liked it so he took it. Family said return it or send the cash. It was sent back broken.

Reactions: Abro1975
Sergio is a punk. Never liked him. Almost as much as Cal hating Woods.

No hate here. I told you. I love good golf. Though Woods is an obvious scumbag.

No hate here. I told you. I love good golf. Though Woods is an obvious scumbag.
You can't even lie about it. Try to say you don't hate him than call him a scumbag. You aren't fooling anyone including yourself. Dude we all know you hate him. Own up to it and move on. I hated Watson when he kept beating Jack. Nothing wrong with hating a player or team.

Congrats to Johnny Miller, the Desert Fox. His honest commentary was dead on over the years. Some people blasted him for being negative at times. Kinda like Floodies who couldn't handle the truth.
Great commentator, awesome golfer.

I always root for Ricki.
Little guys that hit it a mile have a lot of moving parts.
Tough to time up under pressure on Sunday

Not anymore. He took TWO penalty shots/strokes on 11. Putting for 8.

That poor bastard. His first penalty shot place of the ball rolled back into the water a second time.

ETA: He made the putt for 8. Damn.

ETA2: Rescored for a 7. Crazy.

Rickie is blowing up. That was bad golf and bad luck. Don’t think he will bounce back.

Congrats to Johnny Miller, the Desert Fox. His honest commentary was dead on over the years. Some people blasted him for being negative at times. Kinda like Floodies who couldn't handle the truth.
Great commentator, awesome golfer.

Great golfer, best commentator ever, for my money. So insightful and told it like it was, even if it was a bit tough for some players. Nice tributes on the Saturday broadcast from so many other players and announcers/analysts.

Reactions: MADHAT1
You can't even lie about it. Try to say you don't hate him than call him a scumbag. You aren't fooling anyone including yourself. Dude we all know you hate him. Own up to it and move on. I hated Watson when he kept beating Jack. Nothing wrong with hating a player or team.

I don’t hate him. I don’t hate a lot of scumbags. I don’t feel anyway about them unless they are directly affecting my life. But he’s a scumbag.

Great golfer, best commentator ever, for my money. So insightful and told it like it was, even if it was a bit tough for some players. Nice tributes on the Saturday broadcast from so many other players and announcers/analysts.
This was the best of all the tributes!

Reactions: RU848789
Pebble Beach! The last of the Celebrity Pro Ams. At one of the most spectacular golf courses in the world.
Growing up most of the West Coast tour were Pro Ams. Bob Hope, Andy Williams, Bing Crosby. Followed by others across the country like Jackie Gleason and Danny Thomas. Tour players rather not play them as it takes for ever to play but were a big reason they were on TV and grew the game among casual fans. Those tournaments were very entertaining back than. Most of the hosts had a comedic background and it flowed through those tournaments. Today it is all up to Bill Murray to provide the laughter. The rest are too serious about the game. Poor DA Points. He will become irrelevant this weekend as he Murray playing partner. Im glad Bing's Pro Am survived. A reminder of golf's great past.

Another entertaining addition to this tournament is the Dan Patrick Show is live there this morning and tomorrow. Nick Faldo on live with him now.

Pebble Beach! The last of the Celebrity Pro Ams. At one of the most spectacular golf courses in the world.
Growing up most of the West Coast tour were Pro Ams. Bob Hope, Andy Williams, Bing Crosby. Followed by others across the country like Jackie Gleason and Danny Thomas. Tour players rather not play them as it takes for ever to play but were a big reason they were on TV and grew the game among casual fans. Those tournaments were very entertaining back than. Most of the hosts had a comedic background and it flowed through those tournaments. Today it is all up to Bill Murray to provide the laughter. The rest are too serious about the game. Poor DA Points. He will become irrelevant this weekend as he Murray playing partner. Im glad Bing's Pro Am survived. A reminder of golf's great past.

Another entertaining addition to this tournament is the Dan Patrick Show is live there this morning and tomorrow. Nick Faldo on live with him now.

As a youngster "The Crosby" was the signal golf was around the corner. I remember going out to the back yard and start to swing the clubs even with snow on the ground. My parents had given me a Wilson Sandy Andy Wedge for my 15th or 16th birthday (which I still have). I shanked shots all over the neighborhood until I could no longer feel my hands.

One of the best golf books ever. Took place at the Clambake!!

612U3Iex2bL.jpg

Reactions: WhiteBus
Ugly exhibition by Sergio. Never seen anything like this from him before. Damaging the greens is far worse than his misdeed in the sand trap in this video. Maybe he needs some time off from the tour?
No surprise. This is not the first time he carried on like a 2 year old. Just the first time that it was publicized on mainstream TV. Just google sergio Garcia temper tantrum. You will see videos dating back to the 90's

Last edited:
Phil and Day tied for 2nd at -6. They won't play Pebble until Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT