ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2019 PGA Tour Thread

Waste Management was amazing. Never seen so much "talent" in my life and I'm not talking about the golf.

Reactions: Knightmoves
Poor job by #s. Too focused on the impending snow/sleet/rain event around here that he missed the sleet event that actually took place today at Pebble Beach. Greens were covered. Play has been delayed until 4pm EST.

Reactions: RUPete
I drove through around 30 years ago with 2 British ladies and it snowed.. It was beautiful.So were they ..

Poor job by #s. Too focused on the impending snow/sleet/rain event around here that he missed the sleet event that actually took place today at Pebble Beach. Greens were covered. Play has been delayed until 4pm EST.
I was thinking the same thing! He may have been the guy making sleet angels out there.

Can't blame either of them. Phil wasn't finishing tonight either way. It was getting dark fast.

Last edited:
Paul Casey

giphy.gif

If I was a top PGA player, I'm not sure I'd want to play in this tournament. Man, does it drag on and on and on. Can't blame any of them that sat this one out.

If I was a top PGA player, I'm not sure I'd want to play in this tournament. Man, does it drag on and on and on. Can't blame any of them that sat this one out.
The reason why this is the only Pro Am left on the tour.
Interesting that Paul Casey had never won with a 54 hole lead. And although he has been top 25 for most of his career he still just has 2 wins.

The reason why this is the only Pro Am left on the tour.
Interesting that Paul Casey had never won with a 54 hole lead. And although he has been top 25 for most of his career he still just has 2 wins.

I'm guessing if you look at his best finishes on the PGA Tour there's a pattern of last round coming from nowhere rather than holding his position. In the tourney he won last year he was 4 strokes behind Tiger and Rose going into Sunday. He shot a 65 and sat around for a while waiting for everyone to finish.

To be fair he does have around 12 wins on the Euro Tour.

I'm guessing if you look at his best finishes on the PGA Tour there's a pattern of last round coming from nowhere rather than holding his position. In the tourney he won last year he was 4 strokes behind Tiger and Rose going into Sunday. He shot a 65 and sat around for a while waiting for everyone to finish.

To be fair he does have around 12 wins on the Euro Tour.
Minor league [laughing] And none with the 54 hole lead

Reactions: knightfan7
Maybe because I know a bit of his history but seemed to me Faldo etc came pretty close to saying he chokes.
They danced around it. Never using the word "choke" but yes. Johnny Miller would have no issue calling Casey a choke artist [winking]

Great win by Phil. Except for a few holes on Saturday, 4 exceptional rounds. 5 time winner at Pebble.

Great win by Phil. Except for a few holes on Saturday, 4 exceptional rounds. 5 time winner at Pebble.

7 Birdies and 11 Pars in Round 4.

Happy Casey was able to Birdie 18 for 2nd after a poor putt on 17.

I took Casey for the '18 Masters at 30-1. Finished T16. Won't be doing that again. As we discussed, he just can't finish.

7 Birdies and 11 Pars in Round 4.

Happy Casey was able to Birdie 18 for 2nd after a poor putt on 17.

I took Casey for the '18 Masters at 30-1. Finished T16. Won't be doing that again. As we discussed, he just can't finish.

Casey shot 71 in the final round, 6 more than Phil.

Jordan Speith disappeared on the weekend shooting 74 and 75.

Casey shot 71 in the final round, 6 more than Phil.

Jordan Speith disappeared on the weekend shooting 74 and 75.

If I heard correctly he tweaked his putting style and it was working. From the little I saw he was not hitting his approach shots very accurately. Seemed to be chipping or putting from distance.

Congrats to Phil. He has a swing that will last well into his older years. Unlike \his biggest rival.

Anyone following the Kuch story re: caddie tip? I can understand both sides but think Kuch takes a hit on his rep.

Reactions: Purple-Ed
For us hackers, a fundamentally sound swing where subconsciously or just luckily you swing through to your target with the feeling of the ball gets in the way, will last as long as you have the strength in your body to create leverage.

If you’re having some success currently hitting at the ball, aiming your body, club face and eyes in the same direction and allowing the ball to slice back to your target.
You’ll be a chopper in your old age

Anyone following the Kuch story re: caddie tip? I can understand both sides but think Kuch takes a hit on his rep.

Not great judgment by Kuch, but this will not define him and will blow over. Most of his fans won’t give a rats ass about this, they love him. Unfortunately he will have to deal with comments from some of the tour players and the random crackpot fans.

Are there really any Kuch fans? I pulled for him against some polarizing players. He hasn’t won a major. People root for him because he seems like a nice guy. But no one likes a bad tipper.

Genesis Open tees off today at Riviera CC in Cali. OJ’s old club, I think.

Tiger tees off around 3:30. A course w small greens that he’s mostly struggled on.

Tiger tees off around 3:30. A course w small greens that he’s mostly struggled on.

Course will likely be really soft with the rain. Minus the hail, these guys will feel like they never left Pebble.

IIRC OJ was a member of Sherwood Country Club near Thousand Oaks. Humphrey Bogart and Dean Martin are just 2 of what I presume is a long list of famous Riviera members.
There is no logical reason why Tiger hasn't played better at Riveria. And it is a course he has always said he loves. Even I played very well there :)

IIRC OJ was a member of Sherwood Country Club near Thousand Oaks. Humphrey Bogart and Dean Martin are just 2 of what I presume is a long list of famous Riviera members.
There is no logical reason why Tiger hasn't played better at Riveria. And it is a course he has always said he loves. Even I played very well there :)

How'd you do on #10 and #18. Like watching the pros struggle especially on 10. #12 is Bogey's Tree right?

Are there really any Kuch fans? I pulled for him against some polarizing players. He hasn’t won a major. People root for him because he seems like a nice guy. But no one likes a bad tipper.
Kuuuuuuch. You'd have to be deaf to not realize he's a fan favorite. Probably top 5.

ADVERTISEMENT