• Def Leppard
  • Janet Jackson
  • Stevie Nicks
  • Radiohead
  • Roxy Music
  • The Zombies
----------------
Nominees who did not get in:
MC5, Devo, Rage Against the Machine and Todd Rundgren still deserving.
  • Devo
  • John Prine
  • Kraftwerk
  • LL Cool J
  • MC5
  • Rage Against the Machine
  • Rufus featuring Chaka Khan
  • Todd Rundgren

They need to add more than seven every year. There are too many deserving bands that will not be around when they get inducted. "I hope I die before I get old, but after I get inducted to the Hall of Fame" seems like it makes sense here.

Roxy Music is so much bigger in the UK and Canada than the US. Not sure what impact that has on voting and qualification.

My thoughts....

• The Cure - Perhaps the biggest and most famous Goth band ever. They are the 1st Goth band to ever get in i believe.
  • Def Leppard - Started as a Heavy Metal band as part of NWOBHM, but then change their style to Hard Rock and later Pop Rock and found massive success, one of the biggest bands of the 1980's. Modern success also with Rock of Ages.
  • Janet Jackson - Not rock at all, but if her brother got in, you can't not let her in as well, since she is the most successful person on this list.
  • Stevie Nicks - She is already in the HOF for Fleetwood Mac, so this is her 2nd time getting in.
  • Radiohead - One of the biggest bands of the 1990's, sold over 30 million records and a music critic favorite.
  • Roxy Music - They basically created Glam Rock in the 1970's.
  • The Zombies - Legendary band, who was also one of the 1st to combine Jazz with Rock. They really only had two hits which is why it took this long to get in.
Not too bad, to be honest.

My thoughts....

• The Cure - Perhaps the biggest and most famous Goth band ever. They are the 1st Goth band to ever get in i believe.
  • Def Leppard - Started as a Heavy Metal band as part of NWOBHM, but then change their style to Hard Rock and later Pop Rock and found massive success, one of the biggest bands of the 1980's. Modern success also with Rock of Ages.
  • Janet Jackson - Not rock at all, but if her brother got in, you can't not let her in as well, since she is the most successful person on this list.
  • Stevie Nicks - She is already in the HOF for Fleetwood Mac, so this is her 2nd time getting in.
  • Radiohead - One of the biggest bands of the 1990's, sold over 30 million records and a music critic favorite.
  • The Zombies - Legendary band, who was also one of the 1st to combine Jazz with Rock. They really only had two hits which is why it took this long to get in.
Great summary.

Yeah, baby! Janet Jackson is SOOOOOOO Rock 'N' Roll!

My thoughts....

Well done.
I was to set in my ways with classic rock, Cream, Zeppelin, Doors, Hendrix. Stones.
And country rock Allman Brothers, The Band, Marshall Tucker, skynard...etc

The Cure, Roxy Music, Boy George, Missing Persons.. even hair bands I took as a complete insult to rock n roll...I never gave them a chance.

The Grunge era IMO brought back my music.

Was always into Motown and funk, loved Ohio Players, James Brown, Rick James, Isley Bros

My thoughts....

The Zombies had Time of the Season, She’s Not There and Tell Her No off the top of my head. Great songs.

Reactions: zappaa
Roxy Music should have been in a long time ago just because of this album cover:
images

The album is Country Life, which is very underrated.

Cure without question... and I’m not even a big fan.

If the HOF puts in Nicks twice, then put in Ozzy.

Sorry, but the Hall completely discounts Heavy Metal and Prog Rock. The fact that Maiden and Judas Priest have not been put in is a crime. I have no problem inducting hip hop and R&B acts. The “Rock” HOF has grown into more. However, Metal music is core to the rock movement and has an immense following and the industry standard bands have been ignored. Anthrax for instance is a pioneer in the movement and helped lead the rise of the rock/rap movement with their work with Public Enemy.

Could not find a 2019 thread discussing Nominees:

Inductees:
  • The Cure
  • Def Leppard
  • Janet Jackson
  • Stevie Nicks
  • Radiohead
  • Roxy Music
  • The Zombies
----------------
Nominees who did not get in:
MC5, Devo, Rage Against the Machine and Todd Rundgren still deserving.
  • Devo
  • John Prine
  • Kraftwerk
  • LL Cool J
  • MC5
  • Rage Against the Machine
  • Rufus featuring Chaka Khan
  • Todd Rundgren
Yes...The Cure, Stevie Nicks, Roxy Music, and the Zombies.
No....all the others....and Janet Jackson is not Rock N' Roll.

Sorry, but the Hall completely discounts Heavy Metal and Prog Rock. The fact that Maiden and Judas Priest have not been put in is a crime. I have no problem inducting hip hop and R&B acts. The “Rock” HOF has grown into more. However, Metal music is core to the rock movement and has an immense following and the industry standard bands have been ignored. Anthrax for instance is a pioneer in the movement and helped lead the rise of the rock/rap movement with their work with Public Enemy.

agree Iron Maiden just has to be in there....good point on Anthrax

Roxy Music should have been in a long time ago just because of this album cover:
images

The album is Country Life, which is very underrated.

As a horny adolescent, I used to go to Harmony Hut in Willowbrook Mall just to look at the album cover.

Reactions: cicero grimes
agree Iron Maiden just has to be in there....good point on Anthrax

There is not one rationale reason why they shouldn’t. There is not a single Metal fan or artist who doesn’t recognize Maiden as a pioneer and influence.

I mean, I’m not a big Cure fan but I recognize their influence on the genre and the countless artists who recognize them. They also put out volumes of solid music unlike bands like the Sex Pistols who had virtually no musical talent.

The Cure's "Disintegration" is one of the classics.

There is not one rationale reason why they shouldn’t. There is not a single Metal fan or artist who doesn’t recognize Maiden as a pioneer and influence.

I mean, I’m not a big Cure fan but I recognize their influence on the genre and the countless artists who recognize them. They also put out volumes of solid music unlike bands like the Sex Pistols who had virtually no musical talent.
Big metal fan, and I cannot stand Maiden for some inexplicable reason--but they are certainly deserving of the Hall of Fame.
There are other bands that deserve in too just on pure influence such as the Scorpions and Motorhead. And Slayer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! too.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
Big metal fan, and I cannot stand Maiden for some inexplicable reason--but they are certainly deserving of the Hall of Fame.
There are other bands that deserve in too just on pure influence such as the Scorpions and Motorhead. And Slayer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! too.

No argument here, but one step at a time. Maiden and Priest are the next wave after Sabbath and industry standards. They helped shape the genre and move to the next level and the big 4 revolutionized the Metal industry completely.

Reactions: mdh2003
ADVERTISEMENT