ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2019 Wimbledon Finals - Federer vs. Djokovic

T2Kplus10

Hall of Famer
Feb 24, 2010
Can the almost 38 year old GOAT beat the best player right now for #21? Tennis fans got the final we want, we shall see!

Not the best of their matches but still epic.

Was at Wimbledon last week. If you are a tennis fan or even a sports fan, put it on your list. It was the most amazing sporting event I've been to. Just awesome.

Was at Wimbledon last week. If you are a tennis fan or even a sports fan, put it on your list. It was the most amazing sporting event I've been to. Just awesome.
Been to the US Open a few times, but never the big one. Definitely will attend in the future. Pretty easy win for Fed. He has owned Nadal over the past few years.

I’m sure this will inevitably turn into the typica Federer vs Nadal debate. And meanwhile, Djokovic will sit back and end up being the greatest of them all possibly. He’s got a chance to take another step in that direction Sunday.

But I’m a Federer guy, so I’m thrilled to see him beat Nadal (relatively handily) today and will be rooting for him in the final.

I have been to one US Open. Wimbledon is just completely different. A must for any tennis fan. The town of Wimbledon is really close and quaint. The players all stay there. It's not uncommon to see some walking back from the grounds after their matches. The grounds themselves are immaculate. Extremely civilized.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
I’m sure this will inevitably turn into the typica Federer vs Nadal debate. And meanwhile, Djokovic will sit back and end up being the greatest of them all possibly. He’s got a chance to take another step in that direction Sunday.

But I’m a Federer guy, so I’m thrilled to see him beat Nadal (relatively handily) today and will be rooting for him in the final.
Djokovic has a chance at becoming GOAT, but if Federer can get this one, it will be extremely tough. Nadal is borderline top 5, but the best ever on clay.

Sorry but these guys are no Ilie Năstase, that's for sure!

It really is.

Sitting in the first row at Center Court where you can lean over and touch the grass was a great experience.

But the electricity of a NYC crowd at the Men’s final at the US Open is pretty cool too.

And it doesn’t hurt when you get to view it from the President’s Box.

I've been to the US Open more times than I can count, and love the NY energy, but Wimbledon is a bucket list trip for me. I will make it happen at some point.

To date, the Masters has been my most memorable sporting event to attend in person. I'm not sure if Wimbledon would beat it, but it's one of the few events I can think of that could come close.

I think Djokovic has all the pressure Sunday. If he wants to be GOAT he can't lose that one IMO.

If Fed wins it cements his legacy (if it isn't already). I say that because even if Djokovic went on a dominant run over the next 3-4 years most people would caveat it in the decades to come with "but Roger and Rafa were washed up by then".

Fed is playing exquisite tennis right now. Just beautiful stuff this tourney. Whatever fountain of youth he has found i hope he shares it.

Not really a fan of Djokovic. Great player, one of the greatest of all time but just don't like his attitude. Hope Federer pulls it out.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
Been to the US Open a few times, but never the big one. Definitely will attend in the future. Pretty easy win for Fed. He has owned Nadal over the past few years.

Owned Nadal ????
6 weeks ago Nadal beat Federer in straight sets.

I follow tennis casually... usually just Wimbledon and the US Open. Just wondering why so many people dislike Djokovich?

First set headed to a tiebreak. Both guys looking very solid. Hopefully we have a classic on our hands.

I don't watch much tennis, but I do love watching the last few rounds at Wimbeldon and the US Open. If Federer could've just won one of those tie-breaks, he'd be much more likely to win this thing. Djokovich just disappeared in that 2nd set. Would love to see it go to 5 sets with no tie-break and watch them play until sunset, lol.

Not huge into tennis either but I am getting a kick out of watching the ball boys/girls. The routines they perform like robots is very entertaining.

And it looks like Djokovic is tanking in this set, too.

Edit: not quite - he woke up and finally broke Federer's serve for the first time in the match; RF still up one break in the set...

Last edited:
Federer is playing the better match I think. Only one break allowed (when he was up two breaks), he’s broken Novak 5 times, and Fed looks fitter to me.

Both guys struggling with their first serves and service games, as a result. 4-4 in the 5th - we're witnessing an incredible match here...

Man these have been some beauty drop shots.

They make Djokovic work extra too. But it may not be enough.

Sunset in London is at 9:13 pm (6:08 pm now) - didn't realize they now go to a tiebreak at 12-12, which is unfortunate, IMO.

Didn't think Fed's would bounce back after losing those match points.

I must thank you guys for this thread. I would not have turned it on if not for seeing it.

Can the almost 38 year old GOAT beat the best player right now for #21? Tennis fans got the final we want, we shall see!
I don’t follow tennis much anymore but I figured he was in the twilight of his career by now but I see he’s a two seed still he must still be performing fairly well on the tour or is the field of up and comers just not that deep?

I think we all need some of what he’s having lol.

Thanks for the thread fast forwarded me to the good stuff lol.

ADVERTISEMENT