ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New York Yankees 2020 season

Severino shut down with soreness in his forearm. Can’t catch a break. Judge will start hitting tomorrow however.

Severino shut down with soreness in his forearm. Can’t catch a break. Judge will start hitting tomorrow however.
How many of you remember
The good old days when they went down to south America for the winter to play. You would think that would
hurt the players, but there were much
Much less injuries.

Severino had this problem at the end of last season. I guess the Yankees approach to any injury is just to "let it rest"? Was our last team doctor an idiot?

Either the Yanks have the worst luck with injuries or have the worst doctors and trainers in MLB.

They have access to the best doctors and they just hired a brand new training staff. Can’t control players being injury prone. It is what it is. Next man up just like last year.

They have access to the best doctors and they just hired a brand new training staff. Can’t control players being injury prone. It is what it is. Next man up just like last year.
Not trolling but anyone that thinks you can go with next man up and hope for results like last year is an idiot. 2019 was one of the most remarkable seasons I have ever seen for a team. Every single next man up performed as well or better than the star they replaced.
You now have a number 2-3 and a co-ace with issues.

Not trolling but anyone that thinks you can go with next man up and hope for results like last year is an idiot. 2019 was one of the most remarkable seasons I have ever seen for a team. Every single next man up performed as well or better than the star they replaced.
You now have a number 2-3 and a co-ace with issues.
Yes you are trolling. It's February. Relax.

Yes you are trolling. It's February. Relax.
Actually, not really. I am one of the few that like to see both teams do well. But some of your fans like the one below and the one I responded to, baffle me as it has to be a concern and there is no way you can just hope you guys can do the same thing again as last year where it seemed that no matter what you did, it worked out.

Actually, not really. I am one of the few that like to see both teams do well. But some of your fans like the one below and the one I responded to, baffle me as it has to be a concern and there is no way you can just hope you guys can do the same thing again as last year where it seemed that no matter what you did, it worked out.
Have any of the current injuries been declared as season ending??

Reactions: T2Kplus10

Of course injuries are a concern dude. What else are they supposed to do? They can’t magically heal injuries overnight. Like I said. It is what it is. You have to hope the next man steps up. I would spend your time worrying about the Mets.

You can’t tell me you are not concerned about severino? Didn’t pitch last year and is already getting MRIs, etc.
Well you answered the question with your second line. He didn't pitch last year. I wasn't counting on him until he can show he can go months without going on the DL. Paxton was my bigger concern but his initial diagnoses was upgraded soon after. They basically traded CC for Cole.

I don't know it's that simple a calculus, but I'm on my couch with a nice fat sandwich listening to Michael Kay and Kenny Singleton talk about the Yankees game I'm watching instead of the stupid cheating Astros. I'm just going to enjoy the season one day at a time.

Mets fans coming to this thread and in numerous posts spreading their "concern" over Yankee injuries in February.....and claiming not to be trolling. LoL.

There's no reason to be doom and gloom in February for god's sake. Injuries suck, but you have to move on. Save the panic mode stuff for the NCAA tournament threads.

Nah- now I’m laughing at those who don’t have a care in the world about it.
About what?? It's February 22nd! These are exhibition games. No one has been declared out for the season.
Plus do you really think the Yankees will have more or less players going on the DL this season?? Last year they set the MLB all time record for most players on the IL. Do you think it will be worse?? With these posts I know you're wishing for the worst.

There's no reason to be doom and gloom in February for god's sake. Injuries suck, but you have to move on. Save the panic mode stuff for the NCAA tournament threads.
Mets fans need to focus on their season, which normally doesn't last too long. :)

We're fans and we can't magically control injuries. They happen. You deal with them and move on. What is so difficult for you to understand about that?

I tend to not fret over things that I have no control over. But just for shits and giggles because you love to troll this thread looking for reaction.......
  • It's February
  • Monty coming back
  • Strong Bullpen
  • German & Paxton back by June
  • Not even sure of Sevi's injury severity
  • All else fails.....stocked farm system to trade for a starter at the deadline

We're fans and we can't magically control injuries. They happen. You deal with them and move on. What is so difficult for you to understand about that?
I don’t know why you guys are so touchy...I never said your season was over. But just like anyone else why would you not even feel these early season injuries to your pitching staff worth a baseball discussion.
If deGrom and Noah had the same thing happen right now, it would be worth discussing and having a concern for Met fans. And those with their panties in a bunch here would be all over the Met’s thread trolling and not just discussing.

I don’t know why you guys are so touchy...I never said your season was over. But just like anyone else why would you not even feel these early season injuries to your pitching staff worth a baseball discussion.
If deGrom and Noah had the same thing happen right now, it would be worth discussing and having a concern for Met fans. And those with their panties in a bunch here would be all over the Met’s thread trolling and not just discussing.

So you admit that you’re trolling. You’re just mad that we’re not all doom and gloom. As a Met fan it would delight you to see Yankee fans worried and nervous. Sorry we can’t appease you.

Reactions: Kbee3
Not much to take away from today’s game. Happ looked pretty sharp in his 2 innings. King and Cessa got the competition started for the 4th and 5th starter spots and they both looked pretty solid too.

This game is somehow not being televised even though it’s at Steinbrenner field and is the first night game of the Spring.

Reactions: czxqa
So you admit that you’re trolling. You’re just mad that we’re not all doom and gloom. As a Met fan it would delight you to see Yankee fans worried and nervous. Sorry we can’t appease you.
Here is it in a nutshell. I really only started some conversation that was not all doom and gloom. It wa a conversation- I don’t play your guys amigo act, I like to talk baseball. It just baffled me that it isn’t even worthy of a discussion.
Instead of a conversation where you guys may actually share some true opinion instead of the “We are the great Yankees and only October matters” which is dumb as shit because a loss in April/May counts exactly the same as later in the season.
You think it is trolling but it isn’t but I see that Yankee fans on here aren’t really worth the time. And don’t get me wrong- we have the same type on the Mets side too. Just a lot of ignorance.

Here is it in a nutshell. I really only started some conversation that was not all doom and gloom. It wa a conversation- I don’t play your guys amigo act, I like to talk baseball. It just baffled me that it isn’t even worthy of a discussion.
Instead of a conversation where you guys may actually share some true opinion instead of the “We are the great Yankees and only October matters” which is dumb as shit because a loss in April/May counts exactly the same as later in the season.
You think it is trolling but it isn’t but I see that Yankee fans on here aren’t really worth the time. And don’t get me wrong- we have the same type on the Mets side too. Just a lot of ignorance.
Dude you were trolling today! You were the doom and gloom guy. You asked if we were concerned about issues of a single player in mid February that had no diagnosis. Turn it around to the Mets. If deGrom took a day off in February would you think the season is over?? I wouldn't.

You didn’t start a conversation. You said “uh oh Paxton/Sevi. Not a good start to the season.” That’s not “starting a conversation.” You were trying to troll and get a rise out of people. Starting a conversation would be, “Paxton is out and Sevy might miss time. Who do you think has the best shot to grab those rotation spots?” If you posed an actual conversation like that I would have no problem having a discussion about it with you. But you’d rather troll so sorry we don’t want to discuss the Yankees with you. There will be plenty of discussion going on between the Yankee fans here as we get deeper into the spring schedule and we get an actual diagnosis on Severino.

Last edited:
There's a reason why the Mets thread is always 5 times the size of the Yankees one. You guys talk about overanalyze the littlest things that are beyond anyone's control. I never understood it. I'm honestly not trying to be critical, but I always wondered why that is.

Paxton/Sevi ut oh

Not a good start to the season. Hopefully, neither are out to long.
You didn’t start a conversation. You said “uh oh Paxton/Sevi. Not a good start to the season.” That’s not “starting a conversation.” You were trying to troll and get a rise out of people. Starting a conversation would be, “Paxton is out and Sevy might miss time. Who do you think has the best shot to grab those rotation spots?” If you posed an actual conversation like that I would have no problem having a discussion about it with you. But you’d rather troll so sorry we don’t want to discuss the Yankees with you. There will be plenty of discussion going on between the Yankee fans here as we get deeper into the spring schedule and we get an actual diagnosis on Severino.
As you can see- I also added in, “hopefully, neither are out too long”
That is not a troll when you read it in full. But you know what, not worth the effort anymore. I posted a lot in the Yankee thread all year and besides a few fun ball busting back and forth, I didn’t troll.
Hopefully, your guys get healthy have you guys enjoy your year. Those that worry so much for being here, please try to contain your true trolling over on the Mets thread.

ADVERTISEMENT